Wembley Support Acts  

1,200 members have voted

1. 1. Wembley Support Acts

Nickelback are too big. They've done their own Wembley gigs (which I almost went to!) a few years ago. And yeah, they're generally disliked on here...

Franz would be cool, but rather unlikely.

And I've never seen Lostprophets spelt any worse than you managed :LOL: But they're also unlikely :(

And on a slightly different topic, with Biffy just announcing a tour...Does that make them more or less likely to support?

Biffy tour dates are for November so perfectly capable to do 3 shows in September :p

Biffy were awesome last night despite the lack of old stuff, would gladly see them again

Oh no! Never seen someone so sweaty (lead singer) and flick it everywhere...yuk! For me it would have to be Placebo but just can't see this happening (too big themselves). From the list, it has to be the Editors but they'd need to have a set-list made up of their more livelier songs. I've seen them four times now and they always give a great performance.

Oh no! Never seen someone so sweaty (lead singer) and flick it everywhere...yuk! For me it would have to be Placebo but just can't see this happening (too big themselves). From the list, it has to be the Editors but they'd need to have a set-list made up of their more livelier songs. I've seen them four times now and they always give a great performance.

Sorry but Biffy > Placebo...... placebo won't play, as i seem to remember some kind of fued between muse and placebo....

No one picked up on 30 Seconds to Mars?

The band did an interview recently after a show with Muse... somewhere in the US. Jared mentioned that they had been asked to play a 'huge London gig', somewhere that 'the likes of U2, Madonna have played'. He then realised that whatever this thing was hadn't been announced and shut up about it.

Considering they sold out Wembley Arena, I guess the only 'huge London gig' left would be Wembley Stadium? Might be shooting in the dark, but it seems to fit.

Either that or I've got a serious case of wishful thinking :happy: haha.

• 2 weeks later...
No one picked up on 30 Seconds to Mars?

The band did an interview recently after a show with Muse... somewhere in the US. Jared mentioned that they had been asked to play a 'huge London gig', somewhere that 'the likes of U2, Madonna have played'. He then realised that whatever this thing was hadn't been announced and shut up about it.

Considering they sold out Wembley Arena, I guess the only 'huge London gig' left would be Wembley Stadium? Might be shooting in the dark, but it seems to fit.

Either that or I've got a serious case of wishful thinking :happy: haha.

I randomly thought 30 seconds to mars, and I really like them! They arent as emo as many people would like to believe :)

but.... we all know that the 'very special support act' that is too big to reveal yet, and is a 'SHE' must be GAGA!

The only big three female artists I can think of are Gaga, Florence and Lallen.

Gaga seems to be too big to be supporting now,

Florence is headling a festival so that could explain the contractual reasons for the inability to announce it.

But Lallens also second headlining a festival, so might also be in a exclusivity clause. also she is good friends with the Muse team.

Although, thinking about a curve ball....what about Grace Jones?

^^^

Hasn't Lily Allen recently announced that she was taking some time out of performing to have babies (or is that just wishful thinking on my part!)?

Knowing Muse's track record with support acts the 'big' female star will most likely turn out to be someone like Pixie Lott or Diana Vickers :LOL:

Just been announced...

We're very pleased to announce the line-ups for Muse's forthcoming UK stadium shows. They are as follows:

Manchester Lancashire County Cricket Ground - 4th September

Muse

Editors

The Temper Trap

Pulled Apart By Horses

London Wembley Stadium - 10th September

Muse

Lily Allen

The Big Pink

White Rabbits

London Wembley Stadium - 11th September

Muse