How would you rate Absolution?  

471 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Absolution?

• 1 Star
    • 2 Stars
    • 3 Stars
    • 4 Stars
    • 5 Stars

Absolution was a truly sensational album, although not their best, in my opinion.

I love the beautiful piano playing in Butterflies and Hurricanes, and Stockholm Syndrome is just insane.

Best song: Butterflies and Hurricanes

Worst song: I couldn't choose one!

3.5 - 4

I've become disillusioned with absolution recently. Maybe it's just because I've been listening to it for such a long time.

best: SS, B&H

worst: endlessly, S4A

Best moments:

-SS intro and those high pitched things

-TOADA intro

-certain parts of FAWY

-Interlude

4.5/5

For me, this is almost as good, if not as good as OOS. It is such a strong album. The entire album, start to finish takes on a journey, Interlude is almost like a 30 second breather pit stop if you like.

You start to see these elements of other ideas coming in, the classical inspirations, the work with synths, but its not to much in one go, they are brought in slowly and in a well thought out way.

Best Song: Fury/Ruled By Secrecy

Worst Song: Sing For Absolution

Favourite Moment: Interlude setting the moment before Hysteria breaks loose.

5 star without a doubt. Its the most consistent album in terms of theme, emotion, melody and whatnot while retaining that Museiness that we all love. The band blossomed in that album from dark and creepy corner music in OOS (which was fantastic anyways) to professional rock legends that could reach out to the masses on all sides. My most favourite album of all time, none can top it.

Good things about the album: Stockholm Syndrome, Apocalypse Please, Blackout.

Bad things about the album: Tracks 11, 12, 13. Notoriously unconnected to the first 10 tracks.

Best track: Stockholm Syndrome.

Worst track: Endlessly.

Favourite moment: Butterflies and Hurricanes piano solo. I never get tired of it. Ever. :)

3.5 - 4

I've become disillusioned with absolution recently. Maybe it's just because I've been listening to it for such a long time.

Same for me. It's the first Muse album I owned, and I think I just listened to it too much when I got it. :chuckle:

Still a brilliant album, but definitely not my favorite at the moment.

Best: Blackout, Hysteria.

Worst: The Small Print, Endlessly, Sing for Absolution.

5 stars.

This album is truly an :awesome: record from start to finish.

Good things about the album

Very strong singles, album tracks that work just as strongly and a very great emotional chore that plants such fantastic imagery into ones imagination.

Bad things about the album

Er... I don't understand the need for Intro and Interlude

Best track

Apocalypse Please, Time is Running Out, Falling Away With You, Blackout and Ruled by Secrecy but practically all of them are great pieces of music alone.

Worst track

Intro and Interlude. Least favourite of the normal songs I would say to be The Small Print but that is still a good song.

Favourite moment

So many to mention. The haunting choruses of Sing for Absolution and Endlessly, the surprisingly good orchestral usage on Blackout/B&H, Hysteria and Stockholm Syndrome's throbbing riffage... screw it, I love it all. :D

Absolution is my favorite album. It is absolute $$

Best: Holy balls, I can't even choose!!!

Blackout, Hysteria, Stockholm Syndrome, Ruled by Secrecy, Time is Running Out, Sing for Absolution, Apocalypse Please, Butterflies and Hurricanes

Weakest: Endlessly, Thoughts of a Dying Atheist

My favorite moments are the second half of Blackout, the end of SFA, and around the 2:54 mark in RBS when the heavy piano starts until the end of the song....I can't describe how much I love that piano part. OMG I have to go listen to it right now!!

4/5

Good things about the album: It remains the second best album they've done, and continued OOS's experimentalism. It's also (along with OOS) the only Muse album without any really bad tracks.

Bad things about the album: It aims to be too epic, and loses some of Muse's rawness and eccentricity. I also find I can rarely listen to it all the way through as an album any more without becoming bored. Oh, and Fury should have been included.

Best track: Stockholm Syndrome, Hysteria, The Small Print

Worst track: Butterflies and Hurricanes < it's not a bad track at all, but for me it's the worst on the album.

Favourite moment: Stockholm Syndrome. All of it.

5 stars.

Good: Best Muse album. Captures everything about why this band is so great.

Bad: Fury should've been on the album somewhere. Other than that, it is just about perfect.

Best tracks: Stockholm Syndrome, Hysteria, Ruled By Secrecy, Apocalypse Please

Worst track: Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist (just a tad bit weaker than the rest of the album but still good)

Favourite moment: Stockholm Syndrome's chorus, the exploding piano in RBS, Hysteria's bass and chorus, the perfect interlude that connects FAWY and Hysteria

5 stars :awesome:

This album is truly an :awesome: record from start to finish.

Well, alomst everything. It really boosts my imagination and I like just sitting, staring into my garden and listening to this masterpiece once in a while.

Ehm. The cover art isn't that great... :rolleyes:

Best track

Apocalypse Please, Time is Running Out, Stockholm, Falling Away With You, Blackout, Interlude+Hysteria, Butterflies and Hurricanes. If I must say one, it'll have to be Time is Running Out, my all time runner up favourite Muse-song :awesome: Intro and Interlude are :awesome: as well.

Worst track

The Small Print. Doesn't really catch me like the others.

Favourite moment

So many so little time.

By the way, my english teacher says I need to expand my vocabulary, so, ehm, could you perhaps suggest some improvements to mae this better english, eh?? :happy:

5 Star for Definite!

Everything! All the songs on the album are memorable (apart from TSP, which I really like!), you can listen to it over and over again where ever you are, and most of them will probably be found on MUSE's Greatest Hits album when they get to that stage. :)

Its missing Fury dammit. Why do the Japanese get all the bonus tracks. Q_Q

Best track

Hysteria by far! But a close 2nd would be Time is Running Out and then Stockholm Syndrome.

Worst track

Blackout, but I don't think of it badly, just happens to be worst than the rest, even though Falling Away with You comes a close 2nd.

Favourite moment

When Interlude is finishing and Hysteria is beginning. You've gotta love that bass rhythm for Hysteria! :D

Adding on to my post, these are all the tracks ordered by preference (not including Interlude or Intro):

1. Stockholm Syndrome

2. Hysteria

3. Apocalypse Please

4. Ruled By Secrecy

5. Butterflies & Hurricanes

6. Falling Away With You

7. Sing For Absolution

8. Blackout

9. The Small Print

10. Time Is Running Out

11. Endlessly

12. Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist

Adding on to my post, these are all the tracks ordered by preference (not including Interlude or Intro):

1. Stockholm Syndrome

2. Hysteria

3. Apocalypse Please

4. Ruled By Secrecy

5. Butterflies & Hurricanes

6. Falling Away With You

7. Sing For Absolution

8. Blackout

9. The Small Print

10. Time Is Running Out

11. Endlessly

12. Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist

Disturbingly similar to mine:

1. Stockholm Syndrome
  2. Hysteria
  3. Butterflies and Hurricanes
  4. Apoc Please
  5. Fury
  6. Ruled By Secrecy
  7. Sing for Absolution
  8. TiRo
  9. Blackout
  10. The Small Print
  11. Endlessly
  12. FaWY
  13. ToaDa

• 6 months later...

Sorry but Absolution is my least favourite Muse album.

I still rank it above most albums I own, just I don't see it as being as good as the other albums.

Good things - I like the theme, and how it is shown in different ways.

Bad things - TIRO + Hysteria.

Best track - Butterflies & Hurricanes

Worst track - Hysteria

Favourite moment - 'I'm the priest God never paid'.

I generally disliked the more 'popular' tracks on the album, and I think Absolution came between two very good albums. I didn't like Muse's image during this album's period, and it doesn't have as many tracks to like compared to other albums.

Rant over.

I'll go right to the other end of the scale and say it's my favourite Muse album :LOL:.

In order:

Apocalypse Please

Stockholm Syndrome

Ruled By Secrecy

(Fury)

Hysteria

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist

Falling Away With You

The Small Print

Time Is Running Out

Endlessly

Sing For Absolution

Blackout

There's not a bad song on it. I love Blackout and Sing For Absolution, they're definitely solid 6 or 7/10 songs.

Archived