How would you rate Absolution?  

471 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Absolution?

• 1 Star
    • 2 Stars
    • 3 Stars
    • 4 Stars
    • 5 Stars

I like Feeling Good. It's not their best song but...

Apparently saying (when I was noob) that it was a shame they didn't play FG at my first Muse gig was A Bad Thing. :LOL: Especially when they'd played Cave instead :LOL: I didn't know any better at the time :$

what?! even Lyra was a noob once?! shocking :eek:;) I never liked FG. Never ever ever. :noey:

Good Things:

Blackout and Sing For Absolution, I think Blackout is the most beautiful Muse song, not Redemption, even though it's close to it. I also like how Falling Away With You and Endlessly make me think into the past and make me a little sad, I like songs that are able to do that.

Bad Things:

Nothing really, I just don't like TSP and Thoughts of a Dying Atheist as much as the other songs.

Favorite Moments:

The chorus in Sing For Absolution and the Butterflies and Hurricanes piano solo.

Intro/Apocalypse Please: 8.5/10

Time Is Running Out: 8/10

Sing For Absolution: 10/10

Stockholm Syndrome 10/10

Falling Away With You: 9/10

Interlude/Hysteria: 8/10

Blackout: 10/10

Butterflies and Hurricanes: 9.5/10

The Small Print: 7.5/10 (IMO it's much better live. I love the Earl's Court version!)

Endlessly: 8/10

Thoughts of a Dying Atheist: 8.5/10

Ruled By Secrecy: 9.5/10

Absolution is my favorite Muse album, even though the majority of people love OoS more. I think OoS is still awesome, but Absolution is better in some ways.

I like FG quite a bit, but I don't like Cave. I hope that means there isn't something wrong with me... at least to this board's standards.

Why do you care so much about what other people think? Just drop it.

Why do you think this thread was created? :rolleyes:

So that people could share their opinions of the album? You know, because it can be interesting to see how others judge the songs.

It doesn't mean you have to take it personally everytime someone hates on a song that you love or loves something that you don't.

So that people could share their opinions of the album? You know, because it can be interesting to see how others judge the songs.

It doesn't mean you have to take it personally everytime someone hates on a song that you love or loves something that you don't.

I'm not taking anything personally, but I feel like commenting. ;)

While obviously everyone sees things differently I'm often surprised by how many people consider Absolution their best album. I like all of Muse's albums a lot, but Absolution always seemed the weaker album between OOS and BHAR to me.

Admittedly some of the songs on it are among their best for example Stockholm Syndrome and Butterflies & Hurricanes, but IMO The Small Print, Thoughts of a Dying Atheist and Falling Away With You are weaker than anything on Showbiz bar Overdue.

While obviously everyone sees things differently I'm often surprised by how many people consider Absolution their best album. I like all of Muse's albums a lot, but Absolution always seemed the weaker album between OOS and BHAR to me.

Admittedly some of the songs on it are among their best for example Stockholm Syndrome and Butterflies & Hurricanes, but IMO The Small Print, Thoughts of a Dying Atheist and Falling Away With You are weaker than anything on Showbiz bar Overdue.

TIRO is the only shit song on Absolution.

Yes it's got some weaker songs but when it's good it's very, very good. There are songs on Absolution that blow me away every time, no matter how many times I listen. The other albums have fewer of those. That's one of the reasons why it's my favourite.

Yes it's got some weaker songs but when it's good it's very, very good. There are songs on Absolution that blow me away every time, no matter how many times I listen. The other albums have fewer of those. That's one of the reasons why it's my favourite.

Yeah, that's what makes it so hard to put in order for me. It's got Butterflies, but also Endlessly. It's got RBS, but it also has TOADA. The quality of the songs are just so bipolar.

Archived