Are you going?  

403 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going?

Oh, haha, I wish I'd had the sense to do summat like that, though tbh, I couldnt think past the hangover I needed to get rid of Sat morn haha, I must have been radiating jagermeister the whole day

I'd also like to take this opportunity to hang my head in shame and confess to completely butchering Plug in Baby on Kareoke Friday night as well

I have been to a lot of amazing gigs over the years inclluding Led Zep at Knebworth, Pink Floyd doing The Wall ( twice ), U2 at Salford University, U2 at City of Manchester stadium, Foo Fighters at Wembley, Genesis with Peter Gabriel but MUSE on Saturday was as good or better than all of them.

I can absolutely say thhat they are the band I have been waiting for for all of my 48 years.

One of my biggest regrets is that I only discovered them 6 years ago so I didn't see any of their early shows.

Last Saturday's gig took live performances to another level. Like an earlier poster, I've seen some 'great' bands down the years (Floyd, Genesis, Queen etc), but the overall experience at LCCC was absolutely mind blowing.

Stage and lighting - Amazing

Performance - Perfect

Sound - VERY Loud (and clear)

Crowd - Mental

Highlights - Butterflies and Hurricanes and Matt's guitar kicking-in on UnNatural Selection :eek:

Lowlights - No UFO and lack of transport after the gig

MUSE - Without doubt, the best live act on Planet Earth

Last Saturday's gig took live performances to another level. Like an earlier poster, I've seen some 'great' bands down the years (Floyd, Genesis, Queen etc), but the overall experience at LCCC was absolutely mind blowing.

Performance - Perfect

Crowd - Mental

Highlights - Butterflies and Hurricanes and Matt's guitar kicking-in on UnNatural Selection :eek:

Agreed, technically it was pretty perfect, as good as I have seen or heard ( for an outdoor gig ). My sister in law and wife could hear it in Prestwich about 3-4 miles away.

I guess it was a bit too windy for the UFO ( never stopped Spielberg ) and I was very suprised there were no lasers.

My only lowlight were people talking during the last 2 minutes of Citizen Erased ( just abiout the best 2 minutes of Muse there is ) which i had never seen them perform before

I think your last line was a bit humble, I prefer

MUSE - Without doubt, the best band on this or any other Planet

My next gig is Roger waters doing the Wall at the MEN which will take me back to Earls court in 1980 & 1981

Performance - Perfect

Crowd - Mental

+1 :D

Performance - Perfect

Crowd - Mental

in the universe :yesey::yesey::yesey:

and yeah i wanted some ufo too :LOL:

how come it wasnt out?

did anyone else see someone dressed as a cow there?

when i pointed them out to my friend, she said to me well we are here to see mooooo-ze :LOL:

dont suppose anyone remembers the songs the editors played? :)

how come it wasnt out?

when i pointed them out to my friend, she said to me well we are here to see mooooo-ze :LOL:

I think I remember Racing Rats, Smokers Outside the Hospital Door and Papillon.

I've posted a review of this concert in the Media section from the Telegraph newspaper. It got 5 stars :D

My only lowlight were people talking during the last 2 minutes of Citizen Erased ( just abiout the best 2 minutes of Muse there is ) which i had never seen them perform before

I couldn't believe this, I just felt like telling everyone around me to shut the hell up or gtfo :LOL:

Citizen erased is my favourite Muse song and for them to play it at my first Muse gig was amazing! In fact, this is what made it the best gig i've been to so far. I was in tears of joy :happy:

how come it wasnt out?

I saw the cow guy :LOL:

I remember that Editors played Smokers Outside Hospital Doors, An End Has a Start, Papillon and Bones but I can't remember what else...:)

I saw the cow guy :LOL:

I remember that Editors played Smokers Outside Hospital Doors, An End Has a Start, Papillon and Bones but I can't remember what else...:)

They also played 'Bricks and Mortar' and 'Eat Raw Meat = Blood Drool'

thank you very much :)

Was an absolutely incredible night. <3 :happy::D:happy::D

i could not agree enough :D:D:D

i keep seeing myself in random pictures of the crowd :LOL: probably because i had a giant inflatable banana stuck in the air :rolleyes: apologies to the people i hit on the head with said banana. :$

i'm still left reeling after this gig. my first gig ever, and i got butterflies + CE. my life was made. :stunned: and i've still got the glowsticks :awesome: and now i'm kicking myself for not grabbing some streamers and forgetting all about the pwetty muse pen at the merch stall

i keep seeing myself in random pictures of the crowd :LOL: probably because i had a giant inflatable banana stuck in the air :rolleyes: apologies to the people i hit on the head with said banana. :$

i'm still left reeling after this gig. my first gig ever, and i got butterflies + CE. my life was made. :stunned: and i've still got the glowsticks :awesome: and now i'm kicking myself for not grabbing some streamers and forgetting all about the pwetty muse pen at the merch stall

First gig ever?! Wow I'm jealous, I wish that was the very first concert I'd ever been to :happy:

As for the banana, I say bring it to every gig! In 5 years time when you've seen them a bazillion times you could be renowned as the banana muser :D

/I'm not entirely sure how I came to that conclusion.

First gig ever?! Wow I'm jealous, I wish that was the very first concert I'd ever been to :happy:

As for the banana, I say bring it to every gig! In 5 years time when you've seen them a bazillion times you could be renowned as the banana muser :D

/I'm not entirely sure how I came to that conclusion.

i couldn't believe it when B&H started. then CE. :stunned:

and :LOL::awesome: i shall be the banana muser :awesome:

This is probably my favourite pic from Saturday.

I have no idea who's pic it is though, found it on tumblr with no link to the source so if it's yours than I congratulate you for capturing this :happy:

tumblr_l8ffiohYEM1qakoo6o1_500.jpg

That pic is ace, brings back some great memories, we were stood at the front of the tent that it all got stuck on the tower behind, it looked beautiful fluttering there for the rest of the concert :)

Phew!

I've just finished reading all your experiences and I am so glad you all had such a brilliant time and your expectations were all met, if not exceeded.

Here's what happened to me: Three of us started the morning with a makeover by the Dior girls followed by a champagne lunch in Selfridges, then it all went a bit messy after that! We met up with our friends (including the MuseMonster) in Sinclair's Oyster Bar which has to be one of the cheapest and most sociable bars ever. We saw the amazing Ray throw some shapes, we went up on the wheel and we took photos of the scooter boys. We eventually made it to the ground just in time for Editors who were much better than I expected them to be. We then experienced The Greatest Show On Earth even if the seven of us did get split up for over an hour. We became a urine target 3 times due to us holding zillions of glow sticks in an effort to be reunited. I watched CE alone in one of the tunnels and sang my heart out then just afterwards we all found each other again. We moved right up front Matt's side by the ice cream van where there was loads of room for going with the flow and where a young lady claimed me as her MuseMom and cuddled me loads! The setlist was just right, the sound was absolutely perfect, the performance was pristine and the band seemed to be having an absolute blast. After the gig we got a bit lost and ended up wandering the streets of Salford. Eventually we came across a pub called The Grove and had a stiff whisky, but when we tried to call for a cab no one would come near to pick us up. The barman said it was not only because of the heavy traffic but also that they had had one shooting and two stabbings! Everyone in the bar was really friendly and recommended we went outside to flag a taxi down which did work and we made it out without incident.

We got back to the hotel bar where MTV was on a big screen playing MUSE! The whole bar was going crazy and we met up with some lovely people from Aberdeen. Once MTV was switched off, someone produced a guitar and a jamming session commenced. We had a singalong to Oasis choons then Steve took over and wowed us all. His band (The Words) has just been signed and he deserves every success possible. I had to leave everyone around 2.15ish but left the MuseMonster to it - I think she wrapped up around 4.30am then had to face the drive back to London with her lovely husband at the wheel.

Now, back at home, I keep grinning about the most wonderful day I have ever experienced (except maybe for the day Muse were at the Albert Hall, but that's another story!).:)

Archived