http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbx49GBP9Vo

Haha. Enjoyed this. It's a truly terrible song.[/quote

Ha, that's the best version of that song I have ever heard!

And now the move is all done. It was an unpleasant surprise to see that my bed had been delivered in lots and lots of small pieces. But, two hours later, I finished assembling it! I think anyone less comically inept than me at stuff like that could have done it in like 20 minutes, haha.

But it was a great feeling of achievement to finish it, then lie down on it and not crash down on to the floor.

Ooh you got the flat!? Awesome! Beds are incredibly hard to put together, mine had an extra but left at the end that I'm sure was meant to go somewhere, but it hasn't fallen down yet! Hope yours survived the night! That would be like the worst thing ever!

Anyone in here going ti the bleeders reunion on Friday?

Yeah, the bed's still holding up strong! Not even creaking, which has to be a good sign.

I think it probably should have been a two-person job - having someone hold the other end of the big, heavy sides up while I did the bolts and screws would have helped. But my friends are so much better than me at stuff like this, so often when they help out they kind of take over completely. I really wanted to do it myself. So I'm stoked that I did!

Although all my muscles are still hurting two days later. :LOL:

Ooh, Bleeders reunion? Hadn't heard about that.

Exciting! How long for? Jo are you back for good?

Sorry I thought I replied to this - probably my lousy phone browser.

I am just coming back for 5 weeks. I managed to convince my company to give me a laptop and let me take 2 weeks of unpaid leave. It was basically a "I need to go home for Christmas and if you don't let me I quit" which thankfully worked in my favour.

Hey Aucklanders, I'm having a little flatwarming this Saturday. You're more than welcome to come along! PM me if you're keen and I'll let you know where to go. :)

How was your flat warming Rich? Are you settling into the new place?

Sorry I thought I replied to this - probably my lousy phone browser.

I am just coming back for 5 weeks. I managed to convince my company to give me a laptop and let me take 2 weeks of unpaid leave. It was basically a "I need to go home for Christmas and if you don't let me I quit" which thankfully worked in my favour.

That's awesome! You will hopefully be back for all the great weather too! Will be weird to come back into the heat from the UK!

Flatwarming's tomorrow. :) You're welcome to come along if you don't have other plans! I've put together a playlist featuring loads of Muse and quite a few songs by The Jim Jones Revue (fucking awesome band), Ash, Pet Shop Boys and more! :awesome:

Yeah, new place is great - love catching the ferry to and from work. Flatmates are a bit eccentric, but they're both overseas most of the time, so it's sweet.

Edited by _Ed_

Can't believe this crazy humidity! Especially as it's raining and the temperature is like 23 degrees. Makes me nervous because any time it goes like this we have a tornado!

Rich how was your flatwarming? I saw your message the day after, Sat was pretty hectc, had a two year old's birthday party, got my warrant and had our Christmas work do.

Mental!

The nights other than Monday night have been so chilly here! Monday it was 31 degrees, 20 at midnight then come 7am it was 13 degrees and only got to about 16 all day. It's so strange! Invercargill today, probably will be it's hottest day all year at 26!

Rich how was your flatwarming? I saw your message the day after, Sat was pretty hectc, had a two year old's birthday party, got my warrant and had our Christmas work do.

Mental!

Oh, no worries! Completely understandable. Crazy time of year.

Flatwarming was good, thanks! Pretty good turnout. :) But I'd bought quite a bit of beer and wine, and heaps of them brought their own. The fridge is packed!

Our department at work had our Christmas lunch today. It was brilliant. I was organising it again this year, so I'm pretty stoked with how it went.

Haha. Ideal, really.

Here's a sneak peek of what's to come on the news: a special Christmas message from the All Blacks coach, Steve 'life of the party' Hansen.

xdfb44.jpg

I like how they tried to make him look more festive by adding a Christmassy border.