I finally listened to the album! Dan bought me the limited edition the day it came out, which was nice as I was too stingy to get it. Been so busy that I haven't had chance to listen to it til now.

I really enjoyed it, listened to it twice and the songs that stood out were Supremecy,animals and the 2nd laws. I really liked Chris's songs!

Madness is growing on me, I am pleasantly surprised at the whole album.

It's definitely still around it just might be getting rotated with bliss a bit this tour.

Big Freeze isn't really that bad if you accept that it basically IS a U2 song.

Guess that's not too bad really, seeing as Bliss was dead for so long.

• 2 weeks later...

Playing Host is crazy. I now still have hope that I might see Showbiz.

I was looking at the Auckland 2004 St James setlist, that was pretty awesome.

Hysteria

New Born

The Small Print

Dead Star

Citizen Erased

Muscle Museum

Ruled by Secrecy

Sunburn

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Bliss

Time Is Running Out

Plug In Baby

Encore:

Apocalypse Please

Stockholm Syndrome

Is the St James still just fire damaged and fucked?

Playing Host is crazy. I now still have hope that I might see Showbiz.

I was looking at the Auckland 2004 St James setlist, that was pretty awesome.

Hysteria

New Born

The Small Print

Dead Star

Citizen Erased

Muscle Museum

Ruled by Secrecy

Sunburn

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Bliss

Time Is Running Out

Plug In Baby

Encore:

Apocalypse Please

Stockholm Syndrome

Is the St James still just fire damaged and fucked?

That was a great setlist.

And, yeah, it is. :( There were plans to tear it down and replace it with apartments or something. The Herald ran a big 'Save the St James' campaign, featuring the likes of Judi Dench lending their support. But that all fizzled out. But it also hasn't been torn down, so... *shrug*

So Plug In Baby hasn't made the cut for this tour? :(

I saw it last night :awesome:

Unsustainable is terrible live...it's funny going to foreign countries to see Muse play as the fans/concert goers all have their little quirks. I think everyone was smoking weed and doing Final Countdown singstar type singalongs to most of the songs.

I side-eyed a few songs and I am definitely glad I never shelled out for a gig on the Resistance tour. Spain got so excited for Starlight and then stood still pretty much for the whole of Survival while I hammed it up way too much.

I did love the feelings of past during Hysteria, Time is Running Out, Plug in Baby (those last two songs I must jump for no matter how much my legs object), that feeling of old that seeing Muse live used to bring.

Some 2nd law songs definitely sound better live, Follow Me and Liquid State (so glad there was no Save Me) and Madness was so intense at the end, with the sparkly lights and just going crazy. They also flashed up in the lyric video in the "what you mean" and changed mean to "weed". :LOL:

Thankfully the Spanish aren't crazy so I made it home from Madrid without injury. I better fucking get Stockholm and Map on Friday!

• 2 weeks later...

Ha, wow, that is random! Yeah, Amanda's awesome. She was a great manager at work, and it was lovely to catch up with her in Edinburgh. She was quite apologetic about the 'inauthentic' warm, sunny weather! :LOL:

How's things with you, Kat?

Haha, Deb was telling me about her sister's move overseas, and how she used to work at TVNZ, I was like "wait a second!" Haahha crazy! The of course she had to email Amanda to ask her if she knew you, aahah.

I've not met her but if she is anything like her sister she must be awesome, I am super lucky to live next door to her!

I am all good, we are getting married in April so am full of girly wedding-y mush, ahaha! I was ten minutes late to work this afternoon because my wedding dress arrived and I had to try it on! Embarrassing for the first time I've been late, ahah!

How are things with you these days?