My British workmate whose office is opposite my desk popped his head out when they got their first goal and was all "DID YOU SEE THAT GOAL. WE'RE WINNING" and I was all like, no I'm watching the BMX!

BMX is so brutal, you spend the whole thing just hoping they get through without injuring themselves completely.

Was up at 6:20am to get a bus to Putney for a train at 6:57am to Windsor arriving at 7:42am then there was a 10 minute shuttle to the carpark, 10 minute walk to security and another 15-20 minute walk to the stands. We got there at 8:40am and it started at 9:30am so it worked out well. Never been to Windsor either and you get a travelcard with the ticket.

On the walk in, someone came to up and said "I know who you are supporting" as were wearing the silver fern flag. My friend asked if he wanted help carrying his heavy bag and he said no, there was a bottle of champagne in there and he didn't want us to steal it. He said Lisa was definitely going to win and then wandered off. At that point we realised it was Ian Ferguson!

The screaming for 40 seconds takes it out of you, we were all shaking and dizzy at the end of it. We were so nervous just before the race too. And we weren't even the one out there - can't imagine what Lisa felt!

We weren't around any other kiwis, surrounded by GB supporters mostly and we sang our hearts out to the anthem. It was really slow though so we were so out of time. A lot of people afterwards told us it was nice that we sang it and we should be proud.

One of those once in a lifetime moments.

Oh, bugger, sorry about that. I play those videos on Real Player, I think.

Really happy for Valerie. Shows her coach was spot-on when he hinted at suspicion over Ostapchuk.

Quite a few people have suggested having a medal ceremony for Valerie at Eden Park. I love that idea, and it sounds like Len Brown is going to try to make something like that happen. I'll definitely go along if I get the chance!