• 2 weeks later...

Exciting! Where for? I'm okay and not so okay. Getting married in 2 weeks so super excited about that, but found out yesterday that my little brother has a tumour in his arm that has to be removed, and we are waiting to find out if it's cancer or not. So freaking out about that but trying not to worry!!!!

Oh, jeez, sorry to hear that. Hope it all turns out OK. Thinking of you! And your brother, obviously!

But, yeah, really exciting about the wedding. :)

The job is senior writer for the national horse racing newspaper, The Informant. Not super confident - I'm probably not experienced enough to be a 'senior writer'. But hopefully they'll see potential in the examples I've sent them of my writing and want to take me on in some capacity! But at the same time I'd be really gutted to leave so many good friends at my current job - big decision to make if I do get offered something!

Oh, jeez, sorry to hear that. Hope it all turns out OK. Thinking of you! And your brother, obviously!

But, yeah, really exciting about the wedding. :)

The job is senior writer for the national horse racing newspaper, The Informant. Not super confident - I'm probably not experienced enough to be a 'senior writer'. But hopefully they'll see potential in the examples I've sent them of my writing and want to take me on in some capacity! But at the same time I'd be really gutted to leave so many good friends at my current job - big decision to make if I do get offered something!

Oh wow! That is super exciting! And scary. When will you hear?

Not sure - it was meant to be before now, but they sent me an email a couple of weeks ago saying the process was being held up because one of the directors had a 'health setback'. Sad to hear. :( But it was good of them to explain the lack of news.

Not yet. Kind of agonising! But I don't think that necessarily means they've gone for someone else and didn't bother telling me - they've been in touch twice since applications closed, so I feel like they will contact me again either way. Just have to keep waiting for now, I guess!

How are you?