Yeah I went to the US for a sound recording workshop, so made the most of it by also getting involved with a bird monitoring project for some extra experience and a bit of sight seeing including the Grand Canyon.

Loved the diversity of bird life over there and seeing the odd mammal and snake :D

The birding culture is cool too. Learned the terms and things that don't really get used here. It's inspired me to become a more involved birder. Despite seeing all the rare birds in my field sites, there are plenty of other birds that are more common that I haven't seen and some that are quite secretive which will take some work to see. It's good fun.

Sounds awesome!

Yourself?

Yeah, pretty good, thanks! Still really enjoying my new flat. Just having a casual look around for other job opportunities now, though - I've loved this job, but it's been four and a half years now. And some of my favourite workmates have left in the last couple of months, and it's just not the same without them.

tshirt-tits.jpg

Want :LOL:

Not sure if I'll have the courage to where it too often though.

:LOL:

Yeah, pretty good, thanks! Still really enjoying my new flat. Just having a casual look around for other job opportunities now, though - I've loved this job, but it's been four and a half years now. And some of my favourite workmates have left in the last couple of months, and it's just not the same without them.

Yeah true, there comes time when you want change and it's a good idea to keep an eye out for jobs anyway as you never know when something interesting might pop up.

After Stockholm Syndrome, Muse spontaneously played Agitated and Yes Please. These songs were not on the setlist. Agitated was played for the first time since 2001, and Yes Please for the first time since 2000.

:stunned::LOL:

That... That's amazing.

In other news, The Veils were so, so brilliant last night. Highlights were Not Yet, Nux Vomica, Sit Down By The Fire, The Tide That Left And Never Came Back (a slow, acoustic version that the crowd tried to sing along with but couldn't figure out the tempo) and Jesus for the Jugular.

And I'm seeing 'em again tonight! :happy:

Yeah, sounds worth going! I don't know what to expect from the venue, though - it's a much smaller area than Mt Smart. It'll be interesting to see how they lay it out.

You should definitely try a Veils album or two! I'd recommend Nux Vomica - I don't think there's a song I dislike on it.

Yeah, sounds worth going! I don't know what to expect from the venue, though - it's a much smaller area than Mt Smart. It'll be interesting to see how they lay it out.

You should definitely try a Veils album or two! I'd recommend Nux Vomica - I don't think there's a song I dislike on it.

Yeah it will be. Maybe they'll have a stage in the stock car pit :chuckle:

I'm hoping Blur and Arcade Fire won't be on right after each other so I can get a good spot for each, but it doesn't seem likely.

Thanks, I'll look out for that album then.

Happy birthday, Michelle!

Thanks! :)

I went to the Food Show for my bday. I think there was a bit more food samples than when I last went a few years ago as I got full pretty quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone else been to see Wicked?

I got dragged along by flatmates. Thought it wouldn't be my thing at all... But then it was amazing! So awesome. I loved it so much, in fact, that I just bought a ticket to see it again. :$ Closing night, so could be even better.

When I saw Wicked in London, it was ruined by this guy who had taken his 5 year old kid who kept saying he was bored and kicking the seat. Why the fuck you'd take a kid that age to a show that finishes at 10pm at night I do not know. Also, why you wouldn't let...he just kept telling the kid to shut up. :mad:

Hope you are now set up in the new place!

Ugh, that's so annoying! Makes no sense at all to bring such a young kid to a show like that.

Yep! Spent our first night there last night, and I love it. It's bigger and more comfortable, it's in a quieter street and it's closer to the city. And only $10 a week more for each of us. Perfect. :happy:

Oh, and our MP is David Shearer. :happy:

Yeah, it's one of those suburbs you don't hear much about. I'd never heard of it before I moved to New Lynn and had to drive through it to get to the city.

It'll be awesome to have you here! I'll start thinking about stuff we can do while you're here.