Thanks! It was such a great day, better than I could have imagined!

Thanks! You can have a couple!

Awesome. :) That's great to hear, and lovely photos.

Panic Station video - uh... I'm speechless.

Not so sure about my flat now. I still love the view, the closeness to the ferry and the cats. But my flatmates are quite a bit older than me, I have nothing in common with them, and they do a few things that annoy me from time to time - one gets drunk and listens to loud music when I need to get to bed for an early shift; the other stinks up the kitchen with weed and has a habit of having loud phone conversations just outside my window when I'm trying to sleep. Just a bit annoying! Also the toilet cistern is fucked, and you often have to refill it with cups of water.

At the same time as I'm having second thoughts about it, my friends' flatmate is considering moving in with his girlfriend, so there might be a free room there. I'd be living with three good friends, and the actual flat is pretty much exactly the same (just without the harbour view), and the rent's only $110 a week! Something to think about. Would make me a Westie...

Kitty for some reason my phone won't let me quote you but thanks! It's all the magic of a hair and make up artist :)

Not so sure about my flat now. I still love the view, the closeness to the ferry and the cats. But my flatmates are quite a bit older than me, I have nothing in common with them, and they do a few things that annoy me from time to time - one gets drunk and listens to loud music when I need to get to bed for an early shift; the other stinks up the kitchen with weed and has a habit of having loud phone conversations just outside my window when I'm trying to sleep. Just a bit annoying! Also the toilet cistern is fucked, and you often have to refill it with cups of water.

At the same time as I'm having second thoughts about it, my friends' flatmate is considering moving in with his girlfriend, so there might be a free room there. I'd be living with three good friends, and the actual flat is pretty much exactly the same (just without the harbour view), and the rent's only $110 a week! Something to think about. Would make me a Westie...

Aw that really sucks, people like that who just have no consideration for others! Dan used to have a flatmate who would come home blind drunk, pass out on the couch and leave the front door wide open with thekeys in it! The kicker was when he went away for a week but told a couple if people he met one night that they could use his room while he was away and gave them the keys. They almost burned the place down smoking weed in the bedroom, set fire to a mattress. Madness.

Shouldn't the landlord have to sort the toilet out? Sounds like it would be good to get out of there. I was really dubious about moving out West, but we love it out here! Do ittt!:)

Kitty for some reason my phone won't let me quote you but thanks! It's all the magic of a hair and make up artist :)

Hey, no, don't be so modest!

Dan used to have a flatmate who would come home blind drunk, pass out on the couch and leave the front door wide open with thekeys in it! The kicker was when he went away for a week but told a couple if people he met one night that they could use his room while he was away and gave them the keys. They almost burned the place down smoking weed in the bedroom, set fire to a mattress. Madness.

Jeez, that's insane! I don't have much to complain about compared to that! But, yeah, I think it might be a good opportunity to move, if they want me. I go over there for drinks and DVDs most weekends anyway.

I say go for it. Change is good. My flat currently, my room is huge and the location is fantastic and best of all it's cheap - but I'm still going to move out in July to pay more somewhere else, in a probably less desirable area but the upsides is living with just one other person that I actually like. I can't wait to be able to hang my towels in the bathroom again.

I say go for it. Change is good. My flat currently, my room is huge and the location is fantastic and best of all it's cheap - but I'm still going to move out in July to pay more somewhere else, in a probably less desirable area but the upsides is living with just one other person that I actually like. I can't wait to be able to hang my towels in the bathroom again.

Yeah the people you live with can make a huge impact on how good you feel about life. You can have so much fun with awesome flatmates.

Where out West is the other place Rich?

You're welcome. Can't wait to see them in July.

I'm really enjoying two Aussie bands at the moment too - one called Yesyou and the other called Northeast House Party. I am so sure that their single Stand Tall was playing in NZ when I was there as I have definitely heard it before.

The Veils are ecstatic to be returning to New Zealand after a four year hiatus. “We're all so excited to be able to finally head back home for this tour - I'm going to fashion a raft out of mince and cheese pies and grain waves and float into the middle of the Waitemata Harbour with a great big grin on my face.” – Finn Andrews

:LOL:

That show has such an unimpressive array of judges. Daniel Bedingfield? What's he done since like 2006? One of the All Saints? Really? And I don't even know who the fuck the pink-haired woman is. Stan Walker's pretty popular, I guess.

That show has such an unimpressive array of judges. Daniel Bedingfield? What's he done since like 2006? One of the All Saints? Really? And I don't even know who the fuck the pink-haired woman is. Stan Walker's pretty popular, I guess.

I don't know who Daniel Bedingfield is, or the pink haired girl, I know about one Stan Walker song and the All Saint is past it. Come on NZ ! I did like watching all the rubbish auditions though. Except that I heard the girl that stood out and was told she was the winner got booted off, hmmm what?