Oh, that's fantastic! Congrats. :) Really awesome to hear.

I'm pretty good, thanks. Still really loving my job, especially doing the election and speeches and stuff live yesterday. It was crazy! In a good way. And I got special thanks from viewers for my efforts on the Obama's speech, which was so nice to hear. Hearing that people appreciate what you do for them is a great feeling.

I went and looked at a flat today that I loved. The people there were really cool, they had two super-friendly cats,... and then there's this view:

ehekp1.jpg

:eek:

And I'm the only one they've had to view it so far, so I hope I'm in with a shot for this one!

But I feel like I'm messing up in my mission to ask (yet another) workmate out. Just can't get it right. :( It's a never-ending saga with me, innit? Pretty pathetic, really. But I thought this one was different, and everything seemed so perfect as recently as last Friday. I can't think of anything I've actually done wrong since then, so maybe I'm just overthinking and overworrying a bit. I'll leave it for a while and see what happens, I guess. Hopefully things will turn around! It really felt like there was potentially something special there.

Oh, and I went to Radiohead with one of my best mates the other night. They're his favourite band in the world, and it was so awesome to see him so excited and having such an awesome time. The look on his face when they brought out a couple of surprise songs was priceless! It also made me really want Muse to announce another tour to this part of the world pronto. It's been too long.

Wow, this is long-winded. My bad. Sorry!

Edited by _Ed_

Oh that's great! Would have been scary as doing the big speeches but I'm sure you aced it!

The flat sounds incredible, the view is fantastic! Is it Birkenhead way? Hope you get it!

Haha still with the work girls? I bet you just overthought things, wait it out and see, it might be ok! Plus, girls are weird anyway!:)

I wish Muse would hurry up and tour! I'm dying to see them, especially as the only time I saw them was at the big day out that time! It just gave me a taste!

I'm really loving the new album, I took the record to my parents house to listen to it with my Dad, and he loved it!

He's got some of their other stuff on his mp3 player that he listens to while mowing the lawns! Very cute!

Are you much of a radiohead fan or was it just for your firend that you went? I've only really heard a couple of their songs.

Haha, your Dad has awesome taste! That is very cool.

I like two old Radiohead albums - The Bends and OK Computer. But I don't really like the stuff they've done since. So I mostly just went for my friend, yeah. And unfortunately the setlist was mostly the recent stuff (like three songs I knew out of 21 haha). But the visuals were amazing, and I really enjoyed it.

Ooh, just got an email from one of the people at the flat. Sounds like I've got it! :D But they're not sure exactly when the other flatmate's moving out. They'll keep me posted. Yeah, it's Birkenhead - about a 5 min walk from the ferry wharf. I'm gonna like my commute. :)

Haha, yes, the work girls. It's only been two, believe it or not. I've just made it seem like more with my endless rambling and drawn-out sagas. And, yeah, you're probably right. It's not like anything bad has happened! She just seems a bit cooler towards me this week. Hope it doesn't last. I miss the big smile and wave when I walk in.

How's the wedding planning coming along? Must be so exciting! Really thrilled for you.

I pretty much only know 'Creep' which I really like, but I couldn't tell you any of their other stuff.

Great news about the flat! Bit annoying that they don't know when the flatmate is leaving! How many other people live there? They must be ok people if they have cats :)

Are you sure it's only two work girls? I'm counting three, hahaha! Maybe if she's being a bit cool you could be a bit cool back. Maybe she felt she came on too strong or something? Or, it could be nothing to do with you at all! :)

Wedding planning is fun! And interesting. It seems I am supposed to morph into a bridezilla, but so far have been calm and pretty easy going, but the people around me have exploded with weirdness!!

Girls fighting over who gets to be bridesmaid, in laws trying to invite more people than us, bridesmaid dicatating her outfits, ahah it's hilarious.

I've got most of the big stuff organised, because they were all the easy things. We are getting married in your neck of the woods, at Fernz Lodge on Rangatira Road.

We are stuck on music, because our tastes are pretty opposite, and any of the music we do both like is wildly inappropriate, ahahahha! I've got some Muse in there though :$:LOL:

Haha, the friends and family shemozzle sounds hilarious. Sounds like you're doing a great job! Kudos! :) Haha, wildly inappropriate music would be FANTASTIC. :LOL:

Rangatira's a lovely area. :) I hope it goes absolutely brilliantly.

There'll be two other people in the flat when I move in. They both seemed really nice. And the cats took an instant liking to me. I think the cats and I are gonna get on just fine!

Maybe I should be cool back to her, yeah. It's really good advice. Thanks. :) Not easy, though!

Another reason why my confidence is a bit down is we had lunch together quite a bit, and now we haven't for a while - I've asked a few times in a row (nothing over the top - once a week or so), and she's already had plans to go and meet friends, or if we've been in different rooms and I've asked by email, she replied after lunch with 'shit sorry just saw this now', etc. Very probably true, but if you're not that confident to begin with, you just start to wonder a bit... Then feel bad for questioning it.

In other news, I love this pun.

6j1pci.jpg

Haha, the friends and family shemozzle sounds hilarious. Sounds like you're doing a great job! Kudos! :) Haha, wildly inappropriate music would be FANTASTIC. :LOL:

Rangatira's a lovely area. :) I hope it goes absolutely brilliantly.

There'll be two other people in the flat when I move in. They both seemed really nice. And the cats took an instant liking to me. I think the cats and I are gonna get on just fine!

Maybe I should be cool back to her, yeah. It's really good advice. Thanks. :) Not easy, though!

Another reason why my confidence is a bit down is we had lunch together quite a bit, and now we haven't for a while - I've asked a few times in a row (nothing over the top - once a week or so), and she's already had plans to go and meet friends, or if we've been in different rooms and I've asked by email, she replied after lunch with 'shit sorry just saw this now', etc. Very probably true, but if you're not that confident to begin with, you just start to wonder a bit... Then feel bad for questioning it.

In other news, I love this pun.

6j1pci.jpg

Hahah, I am keen for inappropriate music, but we have songs like "Lonely Day" By System of a Down which we both love, but the lyrics are "this is the lonliest day of my life' Bahahahha!

And also 'our' song, which is Surfin bird by the Trashmen (google it now if you don't know it, it's AMAZING!

I reckon with work girl I would leave it a bit and see if she returns the invites and such!

It took me a while to see that pun on that photo!!! Blonde!

Hi Kat!

I have nothing much useful to add to this conversation. Other than congrats on the engagement/pending wedding of course.

Hi Jo, yeah sorry we hijacked the thread a bit~!

Thanks, it's lots of fun!

also 'our' song, which is Surfin bird by the Trashmen (google it now if you don't know it, it's AMAZING!

Ooh, I will. Haha, oh, and yeah, that System song is a smidge wrong for such an awesome day!

The picture wasn't very clear, to be fair! Don't blame you at all.

This has just made my day:

e87brp.jpg

Haha, nice one! :LOL:

I'm not so sure mine were outstanding, though - I was pretty ashamed...

There was a thing on the news tonight about Charles and Camilla meeting a bunch of people. One of them tried to give Camilla a hongi, but her enormous hat prevented their noses from making contact. Hilarity ensued.

Haha, nice one! :LOL:

I'm not so sure mine were outstanding, though - I was pretty ashamed...

There was a thing on the news tonight about Charles and Camilla meeting a bunch of people. One of them tried to give Camilla a hongi, but her enormous hat prevented their noses from making contact. Hilarity ensued.

Ha, please save me from any more!

Oh that is indeed awkward! Did she have to take her hat off or did they just give up?

Ooh, another good one! This has the potential to go on endlessly.

Oh, I can't answer that question actually - the footage stopped after like three failed attempts. We may never know. :(

Haha, oh, this is one of my favourite things ever.

effectivecamo.jpg

Haha, oh, absolutely. Just a bloody stressful second half of what had been a fabulous day at work!

I went to Melbourne for four and a bit days. :) We have an old school friend who's moved over there, so a group of four of us went over to see him - four days of sightseeing and shenanigans.

And now the move is all done. It was an unpleasant surprise to see that my bed had been delivered in lots and lots of small pieces. But, two hours later, I finished assembling it! I think anyone less comically inept than me at stuff like that could have done it in like 20 minutes, haha.

But it was a great feeling of achievement to finish it, then lie down on it and not crash down on to the floor.