I'm loving Unsustainable more and more - so much so that I can overlook that fucking robot. I like the frantic strings music at the start, and I absolutely adore the bit from about 2:00 to 3:00. That's my favourite piece of music Muse have come out with in years.

Ugh too much to see in the North Island and not enough time. :supersad:

Where are the must go places in January? Coromandel is my number one must do and I have to go to Hamilton to see Oren.

I really want to do Bay of Islands but I'm thinking might too far to go this time around.

I'd definitely recommend Napier and Taupo - both really beautiful at that time of year.

And, whether or not you go as far as Bay of Islands, Northland is worth considering regardless. The view of the headland as you come to the top of the Brynderwyn Hills is absolutely unbelievable. You really have to see that. It's only about a 90 min drive north of Auckland.

Few months back a woman reported seeing a white tiger in a bush from a train somewhere in the UK. It was a soft toy.

That looks like a cat!

Thinking I might hire car from Auckland from 2 - 14 Jan, go as far as Napier and fly to Wellington for two days after. Only thing I really need to plan is booking a bach in Coromandel and anywhere just after NY as it will be busy.

Car hire is such a ripoff in NZ though.

When I'm in Auckland...can you take me to Spookers?

Ooh I could do Waitomo Caves and take a surfing lesson in Raglan when I'm around Hamilton. :LOL: Love that I'm trying to think of things to do outside of Hamilton....

Edited by JoBear

When I'm in Auckland...can you take me to Spookers?

Ooh I could do Waitomo Caves and take a surfing lesson in Raglan when I'm around Hamilton. :LOL: Love that I'm trying to think of things to do outside of Hamilton....

Waitomo's well worth it, just don't bruise your tailbone falling off any waterfalls like I did. :LOL:

I think I've decided on a loose itinerary now...need to talk to my parents to see if they come to the Coromandel and see if my sister will go halves on an apartment in Queenstown so I can fly out of there on the 2nd Jan to Auckland.

:chuckle: by the sounds of it, I'll be leaving to the UK when you arrive back in NZ!

You're mental, will be freezing in the UK then. I'm back on the 19th of January...unless I change my flights, which is possible cos I can work remotely. Paid enough for my flights that they are pretty flexible.

Got a bach in the Coromandel and my parents are coming up to see me!