I have to do a weekly 2-hour practice session for the speech-recognition software. I find it really hard to find stuff to practise with, so I often end up doing songs - Supremacy was super fun, and I did TIRO today. :chuckle: Including such segments as, "How did it come to this question mark ooh comma yeah comma yeah comma yeah comma yeah full stop"

But then the issue of sound in that little room came up - whether we're distracted by outside noise. I mentioned that I wondered what it was like the other way around, and one of the managers said, "Well, I can clearly hear you guys from my desk when you're practising..." :stunned::erm:

Makes me think of when I call places and get voice recognition things. I always get awkward - like I think people will notice me saying weird things but then how is anyone else in my office going to know I'm not talking to a real person?

I guess it's because the voice recognition never understands my kiwi accent and I just keep repeating the same thing over and over to "sorry, i don't understand"

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday was the best birthday I've had in ages. Went and did random mid-afternoon karaoke with some friends, and it was hilarious. Highlights included an amazing duet with a workmate of Sisqo's Thong Song, and some solo efforts - including The Lion Sleeps Tonight and Madness. I think I overdid it in the end bit of Madness - my throat is still really sore more than 24 hours later!

One of my guy friends and I did a duet of Robbie Williams and Nicole Kidman's Something Stupid - his idea. It's really not a song two straight dudes should sing together...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm now a Westie! Moved in with my friends in New Lynn. Feels weird going to work without going across the bridge or on the ferry, but I'm really liking New Lynn so far.

Woo! West is best :-)

Another of my friends have just bought out west, I love that we are making our own posse out here:-)

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen little bits of X Factor. Ghastly. Haha. My flatmates and I thought the British judge from All Saints was drunk in one of the shows.

Ooh, Muse tour of Australia in December announced today. In 2007 that meant NZ shows were about to be announced soon after, but in 2010 they missed us out... Fingers crossed.

Edited by _Ed_

Howdy all. Long time since I've been in here, can't believe it. Hope everyone has been well :)

I'm now a Westie! Moved in with my friends in New Lynn. Feels weird going to work without going across the bridge or on the ferry, but I'm really liking New Lynn so far.

:thumbsup: Go west!

Ooh, Muse tour of Australia in December announced today. In 2007 that meant NZ shows were about to be announced soon after, but in 2010 they missed us out... Fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed too. December would not be the greatest time for me to travel to Australia.

Hey, Michelle! How have you been? Did I see on Facebook that you've been in the US?

And, yeah, a trip to Australia in December wouldn't be perfect for me either. But I'm optimistic - Muse are going to Perth and Adelaide this time, and I think those cities missed out in 2010 too.

I seem to only post in here when there's news of a possible show - hiya all :)

Matt and Dom said on twitter that they would be in New Zealand in September/December (this was several months ago) - hopefully the tour promotor/manager knows they promised!

I am hoping that they are really coming to NZL as promise, the London gig was amazing, shame that I could only grab the 2nd day, 1st day totally sold out. Am doing it again, going to Australia for sure, who is with me. :)

I always remember Matt saying to me in 2004 about how much money they lost on bringing the show to NZ but they wanted to do it anyway. I hope they still feel like that again for you guys.

Hope everyone in Welly is not feeling too on edge!

I always remember Matt saying to me in 2004 about how much money they lost on bringing the show to NZ but they wanted to do it anyway. I hope they still feel like that again for you guys.

Hope everyone in Welly is not feeling too on edge!

Radiohead bought their big production for just one show last year, Muse better too:mad:

(or several shows)

Hey, Michelle! How have you been? Did I see on Facebook that you've been in the US?

I've been good, thanks :) Just working away on my PhD project. Yourself?

Yeah I went to the US for a sound recording workshop, so made the most of it by also getting involved with a bird monitoring project for some extra experience and a bit of sight seeing including the Grand Canyon.

Loved the diversity of bird life over there and seeing the odd mammal and snake :D

The birding culture is cool too. Learned the terms and things that don't really get used here. It's inspired me to become a more involved birder. Despite seeing all the rare birds in my field sites, there are plenty of other birds that are more common that I haven't seen and some that are quite secretive which will take some work to see. It's good fun.

And, yeah, a trip to Australia in December wouldn't be perfect for me either. But I'm optimistic - Muse are going to Perth and Adelaide this time, and I think those cities missed out in 2010 too.

Good news. Hopefully the won't leave us hanging too long though.

Holy crap that was a massive earthquake. Wellington is scary at the momen8. Ten of us dived under the dining table. Anyone else feel it?

Yeah I bet it was scary. Hope you and everyone else in Welly are all ok.