I noticed from the least favorite Resistance songs thread that the three least popular songs are the songs that have nothing to do with the ruling elite.

Guiding Light, Undisclosed Desires and I Belong To You are all songs about love or the lack thereof in a relationship. How boring right? :D

While the lyrics are the smartest in Undisclosed Desires (of the three), I prefer I Belong To You. I just find it very funny when he pronounces "reponse" in French as "reeeeponse" in English. The rest of his French is pronounced very well! (I'm half French)

Guiding Light is kind of boring, but has a very nice guitar solo in the outro. Perfecto! I will buy the album tomorrow (at last!) as it's being released in Taiwan. Can't wait!

Thanks to technological advances I was able to listen to all the songs earlier. I mean, why should I have to wait so long just because I'm on the other side of the world. I thought everyone is on so much about us living in a global village...

I noticed from the least favorite Resistance songs thread that the three least popular songs are the songs that have nothing to do with the ruling elite.

Guiding Light, Undisclosed Desires and I Belong To You are all songs about love or the lack thereof in a relationship. How boring right? :D

While the lyrics are the smartest in Undisclosed Desires (of the three), I prefer I Belong To You. I just find it very funny when he pronounces "reponse" in French as "reeeeponse" in English. The rest of his French is pronounced very well! (I'm half French)

Guiding Light is kind of boring, but has a very nice guitar solo in the outro. Perfecto! I will buy the album tomorrow (at last!) as it's being released in Taiwan. Can't wait!

Thanks to technological advances I was able to listen to all the songs earlier. I mean, why should I have to wait so long just because I'm on the other side of the world. I thought everyone is on so much about us living in a global village...

Guiding Light? Meh... I love the intro but as soon as Matt starts singing I just skip :erm:

Resistance is about love too and it is I believe quite a favourite.

I'm sorry but being French I can say with confidence that Matt's French is bad... All of it! :LOL:

What should me:

Reponds a ma tendResse

VeRse moi l'ivResse

Sounds like

Wizpondeyyy zamah twendrezzzey

Vehseey moa l'ivwezzzzzey

:LOL: It's bad but I love it!!

I would say if Matt saw your post he'd get his wittle feelwings hurt, but really, he'd probably agree with you! :LOL:

He already did - he said it himself on Zane that his French is bad and even mentioned on a French interview that he didn't plan to sing IBTY in France as it would be an insult to French people :LOL:

Reponds a ma tendResse

VeRse moi l'ivResse

Sounds like

Wizpondeyyy zamah twendrezzzey

Vehseey moa l'ivwezzzzzey

:LOL: It's bad but I love it!!

:LOL: Ma mere est irlandaise, et elle aussi ne peut pas prononcer le "R", mais au moins elle dit "hrepondez" au lieu de "wizpondeyy". J'ai l'habitude d'entendre le Francais parle par les non-Francais. Ma femme (Taiwanese) essaye aussi d'apprendre le Francais, et meme son accent est mieux que Matthew Bellamy! :D Elle peut meme prononcer le "R"!!

• 5 months later...

Ironically my name here IS "guidinglight" - but that's simply cause i listened to it, i liked it, there was no other name available and i wasn't in my most creative mood. Anyways, ignore it being my name cause it's not my favorite song. But I certainly do like it. My question is, what's up with all the hate on Guiding Light? :unsure: I mean.. sure it's not their BEST, but it's a nice song with a lot of emotion put in it. The lyrics might be kinda cliché but it's definetely resistance song! Why's everybody hating on it? Did I miss something :shifty:

Sorry my spelling btw, im swedish

You're gonna get a wave of people a) taking the piss b) telling you there's already a Guiding Light thread, go post in there c) telling you it's cos they think it's shit. End of :p

I don't hate it... I just think they could do much better. Power ballads are a big no-no in this day and age (or in any day and age, tbh) :LOL:. Put it this way - I'd rather hear Any song from OoS or Absolution instead. Meaning it's not quite the level of Musey brilliance I expect from them. Yep, I do compare Muse songs to those albums, because they're examples of Muse at their finest, imo. GL is not ;)

the music is boring and uninspiring, its dire live and is just about the worst song they have written (at least songs like jimmy kane have a lol factor about them :LOL:)

Hm well I guess we all have diffrent taste.. just thought it was weird being almost the only one liking it. And i have to say, in Stockholm hovet 09 I thought Matt did it GREAT live.. :rolleyes:

Archived