I don't understand the people who are stuck in the 'Oos was Muse how they should be' mindset, it was 1 of 5 albums, they've released 3 albums since then, and have evolved with every album.

Every band have their superb album that everyone new album will be compared too

Radiohead have Ok Comouter

Oasis have their Whats the story morning glory

etc.......

Oos was one of the finest albums ever released

Muse at their finest

I love this song too. But I like Ultravox too. But one can't expect every listener to like any song. I'm not overly fond of Plug In Baby. Lots of people dont like anything that isn't very "rock", but some prefer the ones that AREN'T.

I hope (probably false hope) that they perform this live. It's epic and beautiful. But not for everyone.

I didn't take to Invincible immediately but it grew on me and now I actually really like that song.

I suspect the same may happen for this. I like it but there's something that I don't care for in it. I think it may be the chorus but the more I've heard it recently the more it's growing. It just won't be my favorite Muse song.

I can see why a lot of people don't like it though--it is different but it fits the album well, I think. :eyebrows:

I just made a "Restistance Edited" playlist on my iTunes which is essentially the same album minus Guiding Light.

It comes out at 10 songs, 50.00 mins and 100mb.

Clearly this is how the album is meant to be.

That's what playlists are for. I'd rather skip Unnatural Selection, if anything :p

+1

I wouldn't like Muse if they were JUST a rock band. It was OOS that grabbed my attention back then, because it was so classical. Half the songs were heavily piano instead of guitar. Reams of guitars gets boring. Muse experiement. Pianos, keytars, synths, strings ORCHESTRAS, hell, even the guitars are modified :p chaos pads and all. If people are too ignorant to appreciate a real mix of music, let them mosh to MCR or something.

I don't see why people compare Guiding Light to Invincible. Invincible is awesome, Guiding Light is boring. Invincible at least has a buildup and an awesome solo, but Guiding Light doesn't really have anything exciting. Other than the ten-second guitar solo, I don't see anything good about it. It's one of my least favorite Muse songs to date.

Stopped reading here

Absolution + Oos > The Resistance

and i dare to say Shwobiz > The Resistance

Wow, someone doesn't know the meaning of the word opinion....

Here's an English lesson for you...

o⋅pin⋅ion

  /əˈpɪnyən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [uh-pin-yuhn] Show IPA

Use opinion in a Sentence

See web results for opinion

See images of opinion

–noun

1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.

2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

3. the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.

4. Law. the formal statement by a judge or court of the reasoning and the principles of law used in reaching a decision of a case.

5. a judgment or estimate of a person or thing with respect to character, merit, etc.: to forfeit someone's good opinion.

6. a favorable estimate; esteem: I haven't much of an opinion of him.

Origin:

1250–1300; ME < OF < L opīniōn- (s. of opīniō), deriv. of opīnārī to opine

I loved Guiding Light when I heard the 30 second clip of it, I love the sound of it. I agree that this time the album is heavily based on instrumentals. I feel like I'm missing the OOS aspect of it. I heard a little bit of Citizen Erased in it, but that was really really miniscule. But I love Guiding light, man that's my shit right there.

I loved Guiding Light when I heard the 30 second clip of it, I love the sound of it. I agree that this time the album is heavily based on instrumentals. I feel like I'm missing the OOS aspect of it. I heard a little bit of Citizen Erased in it, but that was really really miniscule. But I love Guiding light, man that's my shit right there.

I'm not having a go but...

Did you in any way expect 'the Oos aspect' Origin was 8 years ago, they'd released 2 albums since...with little hint of an 'Origin aspect'.

What made you think there would be this time around?

I wouldn't like Muse if they were JUST a rock band. It was OOS that grabbed my attention back then, because it was so classical. Half the songs were heavily piano instead of guitar. Reams of guitars gets boring. Muse experiement. Pianos, keytars, synths, strings ORCHESTRAS, hell, even the guitars are modified :p chaos pads and all. If people are too ignorant to appreciate a real mix of music, let them mosh to MCR or something.

lol. i wasn't arguing anything. i love the song - i was just agreeing that they are genius. x). one reason i love them so much is because they have experimented with so many things - one in particular would be the strings/orchestras/piano/classical instrumentation.

I Know this will get locked/deleted, cos for some reason every discussion has to happen within a limited number of threads.

But why don't people like Guiding Light?

Personally I LOVE IT, it's the kinda song you wanna sing off a mountain.

Every single song on this album is spectacular, it's their best album, no doubt in my mind.

And Exogen is the best thing they've ever done.

Because some 'fans' feel it necessary that all Muse albums must have a "OMFGz MUse R Shit!!11" song on them, and they have targeted this song.

Because some 'fans' feel it necessary that all Muse albums must have a "OMFGz MUse R Shit!!11" song on them, and they have targeted this song.

To be honest I'm annoyed by how Muse albums for me have at least one song that isn't on par with the others and kinda ruins them. Namely Feeling Good, TOADA and Guiding Light respectively. BHAR had several tracks which brought it down.

Archived