Unnatural Selection v New Born

Jimmyneutron

They are both great songs, however quite similar in structure. Making US seem a little like a recycled NB. (NB 1 - 0 US)

The riffs in both are amazing, and NB has that guitar solo. (NB 2 - 0 US)

However I find some of the verses in NB a bit too long (NB 2 - 1 US)

US has a cool breakdown (NB 2 - 2 US)

They are both great live.

I dunno, hard to decide.

I can't believe some Muse set's had these songs next to each other.

oh yeah sorry, I miss read his post I thought he said in drop D (as in, in the key of D)

He did say Drop D and that IS the guitar tuning.

New Born for me, my favorite MUSE song to play on the GEEEETARRR.

Well that's probably Dead Star actually but wasn't any option:p

Going by the album version New Born craps all over US and then some. Live New Born is brilliant and a great example of everything muse is, piano, heavy riff, great chorus and awesome solo! KROQ 2004 and the HAARP DVD performances are the best in my opinion, some of the more recent version seem very weak and is start to ecome over played joining the likes of feeling good and time is running out. US would be a good song to replace it live and save new born for rare occasions or bring it back after a while.

Going by the album version New Born craps all over US and then some. Live New Born is brilliant and a great example of everything muse is, piano, heavy riff, great chorus and awesome solo! KROQ 2004 and the HAARP DVD performances are the best in my opinion, some of the more recent version seem very weak and is start to ecome over played joining the likes of feeling good and time is running out. US would be a good song to replace it live and save new born for rare occasions or bring it back after a while.

I disagree.

The album version of NB is average, live it's a beast; but it keeps getting better. Glasto 2010 was probably the best version of it imo.

US shouldn't replace NB, they're both brilliant and both need to stick around for the next few years at least.

I love both, but to be fair NB has stuck around for a few years, they have played it regularly since they made while touring Showbiz, i guess now days they arnt playing it as much and it may be gone next tour:(. But like TaB they will bring it back for the stadium shows next tour im sure.

New Born.

Really, seriously, New Born.

This.

There's no contest here - New Born is one of their best EVER songs and I don't think they'll ever top it. End of. :)

Best lives = Glastonbury 04, Pinkpop and HAARP is pretty awesome. KROQ was brill cos of the riff in the middle, otherwise it would have been a regular performance.

I disagree.

The album version of NB is average, live it's a beast; but it keeps getting better. Glasto 2010 was probably the best version of it imo.

US shouldn't replace NB, they're both brilliant and both need to stick around for the next few years at least.

I definately prefer the KROQ 2004 version to Glastonbury 2010, I prefer matt playing the piano part and the guitar part.

On an unrelated note I find at least on all live recordings not sure about actually when your hearing it at a show but I can never hear the riff to US over the drums.

I definately prefer the KROQ 2004 version to Glastonbury 2010, I prefer matt playing the piano part and the guitar part.

On an unrelated note I find at least on all live recordings not sure about actually when your hearing it at a show but I can never hear the riff to US over the drums.

I know what you mean, I don't think the recordings get the balance right. Live it sounds fine, especially the outro riffs, my god.

There's no contest here - New Born is one of their best EVER songs and I don't think they'll ever top it. End of. :)

Is that an opinion? :p

I think I've let US age long enough to develop an early opinion on which I prefer, so here it is:

New Born is mightily repetetive, and Unnatural Selection is slightly less so. US wins.

New Born's studio recording pisses all over Unnatural Selection's. NB wins.

New Born is a beast live, while Unnatural Selection is a monster. They tie.

I guess I still can't decide. :confused:

Archived