Make Predictions Based On The Song Titles

This is rather pointless, but it'll be fun! Lets make predictions about songs based only on the titles! It'll be interesting to know who got what right once Resistance actually comes out :LOL:.

My opinions on what it will be:

Best Song:

Guiding Light

Worst Song:

Unnatural Selection

Hardest Rocking Song:

The Resistance

Softest Song:

Undisclosed Desires

Song With Organ In It:

Guiding Light

Song with teh llama toenailz:

Unnatural Selection

Best Part Of The Symphony:

Cross Polination

Worst Part:

Overture

Best Bass Riff:

Resistance

Best Guitar Riff:

Uprising

Best Drumming:

United States Of Eurasia

Piano Song:

Either Overture or Undisclosed Desires

Weirdest Song:

USoE

I'm hoping for French lyrics on track 8.

But I don't think they've lost it. I'm fairly certain they're making what they've done before better. I for one love orchestral things when they're mixed with rock. I said somewhere else that all the things we've heard are people trying to describe something that can't it just needs to be experienced.

- Uprising is going to kick-ass.

- United States Of Eurasia will be awesome and then Collateral Damage will flatten everything that has gone before it.

- Guiding Light and I Belong To You are gonna suck in the same way that Starlight and Invincible sucked.

- MK UKTRA sounds as if it might be Exo-Politics #2, hence it will be terrible.

- MK UKTRA may also prove to be Muse's most bonkers, rifftastic song of all time.

- The Symphony might not be QUITE as epic as first though.

- Unnatural Selection will be an acoustic number, Screenager-esque.

- Resistance will be the first single and will be a typical 'Muse-by-numbers' angsty rock song.

- United States Of Eurasia will be awesome and then Collateral Damage will flatten everything that has gone before it.

- Guiding Light and I Belong To You are gonna suck in the same way that Starlight and Invincible sucked.

- MK UKTRA may also prove to be Muse's most bonkers, rifftastic song of all time.

- Resistance will be the first single and will be a typical 'Muse-by-numbers' angsty rock song.

Pretty much this.

- Uprising, I have a feeling that this song is gonna be very similar to the song

by Nine Inch Nails in terms for intro. The title "Uprising" feels like it all the way. An apocalyptic intro.

- Resistance, I was hoping that this was gonna be very "Dead Star" like. If you'd relate "Resistance" to a love track sort of, I can only assume that it's gonna be the typical Muse angsty love song like.

- Undisclosed Desires, If the firstly two mentioned tracks were indeed rougher and edgier, this would feel like a bit of a break. Something a bit like Endlessly meets Soldier's Poem.

- United States of Eurasia, normally I thought that this would be the album's answer to Hysteria. The song that would open all setlists when they go live etc., but thinking about it, this might be a bit more of a City of Delusion type song.

- Guiding Light, Invincible esque melodic rock ballad.

- Unnatural Selection, this could be something like Screenager. Or Blackout.

- MK ULTRA, the roughest song. Expecting a mix of Stockholm Syndrome and Assassin.

- I Belong To You, Hoodoo-like. No question.

- Exogenesis 1, Megalomania and Ruled By Secrecy-like

- Exogenesis 2, since Dom said "significantly different", I'm assuming that this is gonna be something BHAR in orchestral sound. Maybe a bit of Hoodoo and Screenager. Hard to say.

- Exogenesis 3, an epic closer, taking all the magnitude busting sounds that has ever gone, building up slowly, but ending up as a massive attack with Matt on vocals, guitars, everything. Almost like a Knights of Cydonia mentality as for the charging towards victory, hence the Redemption.

I want Uprising to be epic with awesome melodies and heavy bass riffs because I'm keeper of it! :stongue:

I really can't even begin to speculate on anything. My brain is fuzzy, my arms are twitchy and the laptop is glued to my lap. And I'm getting nice wine buzz! :)

You have an eerie knack of getting things on the money so :LOL:

This is what I think about the 3-Part Symphony:

It is called Exogenesis. Exo more or less means the opposite of something. Genesis which means the beginning, creation, and blah. So me thinks that it will be about the end of the world.:yesey:

If this has already been brought up somewhere else, I'm sorry I was gone for 4 hours in the middle of all this.

EDIT: Or I could be totaly wrong.

EDIT II: Actually, yes I'm terribly wrong. Apparently exogenesis is he hypothesis that life is seeded across the universe from other sources, for example, arriving to Earth on comets, hence "cross pollination".

Prediction made by moi for Exogenesis:

Alrighty, I'm going to plot out Exogenesis as I would like to hear it:

OVERTURE:

Blackout-esque intro, Hyper Chondriac Music-esque buildup, sudden drop to something like the beginning of Unintended, possibly on piano.

CROSS POLLINATION:

An In Your World type piano intro, going into this apocalyptic B&H/RbS/Apocalypse Please part with this immense build up to epic guitar riffage enterance.

REDEMPTION:

Kaoss Pad enterance followed quickly by 3 minutes of pure epic riffage and screaming (Execution Commentary-esque), climaxes and then sinks into this unimaginable totally new thing and decreases slowly...

F*ck. Yes.

Prediction based on 1984 (not including the Symphonic Monster, as it has nothing to do with 1984).

UPRISING

About: Introduction of Winston and the Party.

Prediction of song similarities: The Gallery type intro, loads of sound effects and goes into a bit of a jam with a bit calm, Forced-In riffage, eventually building up to a regular chorus of Spiral Static, then plummeting like all the energy is sucked out of it suddenly.

RESISTANCE

About: Winston's revealed to be an opponent of the Party.

Prediction of song similarities: Epic riffage time. Plug in Baby-type catchy riffs, only darker and harder. Yet hummable. Pretty much doesn’t change a lot of the song – stays dark and hard like…like…like the choruses of Host.

UNDISCLOSED DESIRES

About: The dream world of the Party and how they want the world to look like once they've brainwashed the entire population.

Prediction of song similarities: SMBH style – except, you know, better. Basically, trying to make what they’re saying as good as possible. Backed by ever-changing, spooky arpeggios, catchy riffage, and a touch of Matt’s signature weirdness.

UNITED STATES OF EURASIA

About: The permanent war that's going on in the story.

Prediction of song similarities: String intro followed by Megalomania II. That’s right, this is the organ song. Along with that, epic bassline, that kind of takes over the song at one point then is meshed together with the organ. Organ cuts out near the end and goes straight into this epic guitar riffage (because this song needs it).

GUIDING LIGHT

About: Winston and Julia's introduction

Prediction of song similarities: New Born/In Your World-esque. Some sort of beautiful piano or strings intro, then sudden, epic, uplifting, yet dark riffage expressing anger and fright about the Party. Micro Cuts-esque vocals. No calm ending.

UNNATURAL SELECTION

About: Winston and Julia's relationship... and their capture.

Prediction of song similarities: Hyper Chondriac Music/Con-Science-esque building energy. Heavy, heavy buildup. Explosion about 30 seconds before the end, heavy, heavy, dark, epic riffage.

MK ULTRA

About: The torturing of Winston at MiniLuv.

Prediction of song similarities: Epic Dead Star meets Micro Cuts mesh. Rock opera with insane riffage, epic basslines, Assassin-esque drumming, overall dark tones. Scream at the end similar to Hyper Music, desperate vocals and sudden end.

I BELONG TO YOU

About: Winston and Julia's feelings after their torture and brainwashing.

Prediction of song similarities: The opposite of Blackout in meaning, but similar in style. Absolutely sob-worthy strings or piano or acoustic guitar. Soft, meaningful vocals. Unintended/Blackout meshed into one freaking epic thing that is similar to the first track of Exogenesis. Freaking. Powerful.

By the way, it's based off of 1984.

I agree, Muse have lost the plot. This will be their worst album easily.

I have to say, your comments are the stupidest I've heard in a long long time. And there have been some absolute crackers in Main Muse in the past....

Well, MK ULTRA was an american government mind control experiment-y thing, so i think that song will be quite out there and filled with conspiracies/paranoia

Oh dear. I remember seeing MK Ultra on Matt's hand in a photo and I always thought it was photoshopped - it sounded so much like batteries or sanitary pads!! :LOL::rolleyes:

So it's a real thingy then... ah...right. Thankyou. Ahem.

*hides head under cushions to hide embarassment*:$:$:$

Is this album supposed to tell a story from end to finish?

"Uprising"

"Resistance"

"Undisclosed Desires"

"United States of Eurasia"(+"Collateral Damage")

"Guiding Light"

"Unnatural Selection"

"MK Ultra"

"I Belong to You"(+"Mon coeur s'ouvre à ta voix")

"Exogenesis: Symphony Part I (Overture)"

"Exogenesis: Symphony Part II (Cross Pollination)"

"Exogenesis: Symphony Part III (Redemption)"

But if so, ExoGenesis. It should mean the start of a race yes? Then why is it at the end?

Or perhaps, this is my intepretation of the epic story, The Resistance.

"Uprising" - Self explanatory. but who are the two parties? or the illuminati/NWO uprises?

"Resistance" - Self explanatory. but who are the two parties? maybe the non NWO Resists?

"Undisclosed Desires" - Not sure. Maybe some of the non NWO is gonna succumb to greed. and joins the NWO for personal selfish gain. money etc.

"United States of Eurasia"(+"Collateral Damage") - DANG! The NWO succeeds! There is a United States now.

"Guiding Light" - End of Revolution stuff. bring in the aliens. spacey stuff

"Unnatural Selection" - selection of? something nazi by the NWO? or perhaps human trying to modify dna and stuff?

"MK Ultra" - unnatural selection fails. so mk ultra- destroy all the documents of the failed operation.

"I Belong to You"(+"Mon coeur s'ouvre à ta voix") - aliens come in?

"Exogenesis: Symphony Part I (Overture)" - aliens really enter, take over, kill everyone

"Exogenesis: Symphony Part II (Cross Pollination)" - creates their own master race. alien + human

"Exogenesis: Symphony Part III (Redemption)" - our "race" gets redemption after the help from the aliens.

a new beginning.

A NEW Beginning. Perhaps thats why there is a beginning at the ending. cos its a NEW beginning.

Just my thoughts. I just typed out what i thought of at the moment.

What do you all think?

Tim

I Belong To You originally struck me as a love ballad that would be like Starlight through Snow Patrol's eyes.

Then earlier today it changed. I've started reading 1984 and I can't help but think it maybe based on the way that The Party is attempting to distort sex and love to make it seem evil and against the virtues of their goals. The title could be satirical and he could be mocking it by saying that sort of thing through the eyes of one of the sheep.

Maybe.

I also think MK Ultra and Resistance would have heavy guitar stuff, that Uprising could be a cross between Apocalypse Please and Take a Bow, and that there will be a llama toenail and church organ solo somewhere in the album.

That last one would be :awesome:

Archived