Make Predictions Based On The Song Titles

Here's a track by track rundown of what I think we are in for!

Let me know what you think.

Uprising

This will possibly be an instrumental track and an extended introduction, perhaps lasting 2 minutes building up into resistance. The music will tell a story and may be very classical-based.

Resistance

An epic rock song, perhaps in the style of City of Delusion, following from the build up in Uprising. This song title reminds me of a war or fight in the context of other titles and will be heavily political. I am going to lay it down now and say this could be a potential single and one of the more normal songs on the album.

Undisclosed Desires

A much softer song after the two big first tracks, probably a more simple love song judging by the titles, and perhaps referencing the human emotions that appear as the resistance resides and has been won. Could be the 'Unintended' of the album.

United States of Eurasia

The resulting New World Order that arises from 'Resistance' is the theme of this track and may deal with themes such as the disintegration of human rights as we become servants to the machine, as the resistance has failed. Heavy on strings judging from the score in the twitpic, continuing with a heavy classical theme. Collateral Damage may be a short outro of 1.5-2 minutes - possibly osaka jam? not sure how this would fit with the strings however. Alternatively, Collateral Damage may refer to an attack on the United States of Eurasia.

Guiding Light

Another love song here, not as soft as Undisclosed Desires. Probably more similar to starlight than any other song, however fitting in better with the rest of the album. Note the net years day reference from ages ago - i see this song being a bit like that. Potential single.

Unnatural Selection

This is the track with an organ in it. Megalomania-ish in that it deals with a religion vs science question, or perhaps Aliens tampering with Human DNA?

MK Ultra

I can see this representing new territory for Muse, in that it is a more psychadelic style track and much like dark side of the moon. Thematically, it appears obvious this track is about mind control, indicating the possibility of a more psychadelic approach! - Could be the Sgt Peppers/Classical hybrid track mentioned in the japanese interview from last week. Could be drawn out over 6 minutes.

I Belong to You + Mon Coeur S'Ouvre A Ta Voix

Opera? A return to classical influences from earlier in the album, a very strong track much like Hoodoo crossed with Micro Cuts. See this:

Exogenesis: Overture

An instrumental track, very soft indeed.

Exogenesis: Cross Pollination

This is where the words start. Dealing with exogenesis and the fact that life on earth originated elsewhere.

Exogenesis: Redemption

The enlightenment occurs here, definitely the most optimistic track on the album and providing a dramatic climax to an album that tells a story.

Overall Notes:

It is worth nothing that on every album so far, the second track has been a single (not including introductions)

This album i feel will flow better than any others so far, and the track names indicate that there is a story being told and that this will be a concept album.

Much to some peoples despair, i feel that there will be a couple of more progressive tracks on the album - notably MK Ultra, and Possibly United States of Eurasia.

I feel that this album will last for about an hour. - with two extra tracks adjoined to existing ones, and the potential for a couple of more progressive tracks, i think this will be the longest album.

I get the feeling of a very heavy classical theme, and the most unusual song on BH&R mentioned by matt is perhaps Hoodoo, rather than Map of the Problematique.

I think Hoodoo will be the best indicator for this album. It seems to fit much better with what can be derived from the titles. A cover of an opera, strings in USoE, and a Symphony.

I don't think I was too far out with parts of it to be honest.

"Exogenesis: Symphony Part I (Overture)" very soft, piano based intro that carries out through most of the song. it gets heavier and heavier, eventually leading to -

"Exogenesis: Symphony Part II (Cross Pollination)" - a synth, orchestra orgasm with ravaging drums and soft bass leading to -

"Exogenesis: Symphony Part III (Redemption)" - a massive, mind-blowing, eruption of orchestra and synthy-guitar with chris and matt doing insane harmonies and chris doing some side singing (TSP Live-style), with the track ending in how the Overture began.

I love Exogenesis, but somehow I wish that was true

• 2 years later...

RESISTANCE

About: Winston's revealed to be an opponent of the Party.

Prediction of song similarities: Epic riffage time. Plug in Baby-type catchy riffs, only darker and harder. Yet hummable. Pretty much doesn’t change a lot of the song – stays dark and hard like…like…like the choruses of Host.

WRONG :LOL:

GUIDING LIGHT

About: Winston and Julia's introduction

Prediction of song similarities: New Born/In Your World-esque. Some sort of beautiful piano or strings intro, then sudden, epic, uplifting, yet dark riffage expressing anger and fright about the Party. Micro Cuts-esque vocals. No calm ending.

VERY VERY WRONG:D:D

Best Song:

Guiding Light FAIL!!!

Worst Song:

Unnatural Selection FAIL!!!

Hardest Rocking Song:

The Resistance FAIL!!!

MK UKTRA sounds as if it might be Exo-Politics #2, hence it will be terrible. WRONG !!

Plus Exo Politics is a good song. Much better than most of The Resistance is it turns out :LOL:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived