Make Predictions Based On The Song Titles

Prediction based on 1984 (not including the Symphonic Monster, as it has nothing to do with 1984).

UPRISING

About: Introduction of Winston and the Party.

Prediction of song similarities: The Gallery type intro, loads of sound effects and goes into a bit of a jam with a bit calm, Forced-In riffage, eventually building up to a regular chorus of Spiral Static, then plummeting like all the energy is sucked out of it suddenly.

RESISTANCE

About: Winston's revealed to be an opponent of the Party.

Prediction of song similarities: Epic riffage time. Plug in Baby-type catchy riffs, only darker and harder. Yet hummable. Pretty much doesn’t change a lot of the song – stays dark and hard like…like…like the choruses of Host.

UNDISCLOSED DESIRES

About: The dream world of the Party and how they want the world to look like once they've brainwashed the entire population.

Prediction of song similarities: SMBH style – except, you know, better. Basically, trying to make what they’re saying as good as possible. Backed by ever-changing, spooky arpeggios, catchy riffage, and a touch of Matt’s signature weirdness.

UNITED STATES OF EURASIA

About: The permanent war that's going on in the story.

Prediction of song similarities: String intro followed by Megalomania II. That’s right, this is the organ song. Along with that, epic bassline, that kind of takes over the song at one point then is meshed together with the organ. Organ cuts out near the end and goes straight into this epic guitar riffage (because this song needs it).

GUIDING LIGHT

About: Winston and Julia's introduction

Prediction of song similarities: New Born/In Your World-esque. Some sort of beautiful piano or strings intro, then sudden, epic, uplifting, yet dark riffage expressing anger and fright about the Party. Micro Cuts-esque vocals. No calm ending.

UNNATURAL SELECTION

About: Winston and Julia's relationship... and their capture.

Prediction of song similarities: Hyper Chondriac Music/Con-Science-esque building energy. Heavy, heavy buildup. Explosion about 30 seconds before the end, heavy, heavy, dark, epic riffage.

MK ULTRA

About: The torturing of Winston at MiniLuv.

Prediction of song similarities: Epic Dead Star meets Micro Cuts mesh. Rock opera with insane riffage, epic basslines, Assassin-esque drumming, overall dark tones. Scream at the end similar to Hyper Music, desperate vocals and sudden end.

I BELONG TO YOU

About: Winston and Julia's feelings after their torture and brainwashing.

Prediction of song similarities: The opposite of Blackout in meaning, but similar in style. Absolutely sob-worthy strings or piano or acoustic guitar. Soft, meaningful vocals. Unintended/Blackout meshed into one freaking epic thing that is similar to the first track of Exogenesis. Freaking. Powerful.

By the way, it's based off of 1984.

:eek:

Prediction based on 1984 (not including the Symphonic Monster, as it has nothing to do with 1984).

UPRISING

About: Introduction of Winston and the Party.

Prediction of song similarities: The Gallery type intro, loads of sound effects and goes into a bit of a jam with a bit calm, Forced-In riffage, eventually building up to a regular chorus of Spiral Static, then plummeting like all the energy is sucked out of it suddenly.

RESISTANCE

About: Winston's revealed to be an opponent of the Party.

Prediction of song similarities: Epic riffage time. Plug in Baby-type catchy riffs, only darker and harder. Yet hummable. Pretty much doesn’t change a lot of the song – stays dark and hard like…like…like the choruses of Host.

UNDISCLOSED DESIRES

About: The dream world of the Party and how they want the world to look like once they've brainwashed the entire population.

Prediction of song similarities: SMBH style – except, you know, better. Basically, trying to make what they’re saying as good as possible. Backed by ever-changing, spooky arpeggios, catchy riffage, and a touch of Matt’s signature weirdness.

UNITED STATES OF EURASIA

About: The permanent war that's going on in the story.

Prediction of song similarities: String intro followed by Megalomania II. That’s right, this is the organ song. Along with that, epic bassline, that kind of takes over the song at one point then is meshed together with the organ. Organ cuts out near the end and goes straight into this epic guitar riffage (because this song needs it).

GUIDING LIGHT

About: Winston and Julia's introduction

Prediction of song similarities: New Born/In Your World-esque. Some sort of beautiful piano or strings intro, then sudden, epic, uplifting, yet dark riffage expressing anger and fright about the Party. Micro Cuts-esque vocals. No calm ending.

UNNATURAL SELECTION

About: Winston and Julia's relationship... and their capture.

Prediction of song similarities: Hyper Chondriac Music/Con-Science-esque building energy. Heavy, heavy buildup. Explosion about 30 seconds before the end, heavy, heavy, dark, epic riffage.

MK ULTRA

About: The torturing of Winston at MiniLuv.

Prediction of song similarities: Epic Dead Star meets Micro Cuts mesh. Rock opera with insane riffage, epic basslines, Assassin-esque drumming, overall dark tones. Scream at the end similar to Hyper Music, desperate vocals and sudden end.

I BELONG TO YOU

About: Winston and Julia's feelings after their torture and brainwashing.

Prediction of song similarities: The opposite of Blackout in meaning, but similar in style. Absolutely sob-worthy strings or piano or acoustic guitar. Soft, meaningful vocals. Unintended/Blackout meshed into one freaking epic thing that is similar to the first track of Exogenesis. Freaking. Powerful.

By the way, it's based off of 1984.

Just out of curiosity, was it confirmed that the album itself would be based off of it? Or are you talking about your predictions? Cause I'm really loving that view.

Just out of curiosity, was it confirmed that the album itself would be based off of it? Or are you talking about your predictions? Cause I'm really loving that view.

I don't think it's confirmed, but Matt sited it somewhere.

Why thank you. My friend did the plotline using songtitles and I did the crossovers between songs. Only took an hour.

1. Uprising

A massive intro, In the style of Take a bow, starting off softer & slower & building to a crescendo. ending up as dramatic & epic as Apocaplypse Please & TAB combined.

2. Resistance

Heavy guitars, chunky basslines, a possible single so not TOO heavy.

3. Undisclosed Desires

I had trouble actually predicting this song by the title so not to sure...

Strings & piano. Big & grand, City of Delusion style.

4. United States of Eurasia (+Collateral Damage)

A More Muse-by-numbers track, single. Still amazing.

If collateral damage is an extra song/interlude not just a subtitle then It'll be heavy.

5. Guiding Light

Organ, Orchestra, Some Synths.

Uplifting & Positive like Invincible/BaH

6. Unnatural Selection

Electronic, synths, lots of effects on guitars, KAOSS PAD.

7. MK ULTRA

Heaviest track on the album. Dirtiest Riffs & heavy drums & Basslines, Stockholm Syndrone/TSP. One of Muse's heaviest to date.

8. I Belong To You (+Mon Coeur S'Ouvre A Ta Voix)

Love song, piano, strings. Soldiers Poem/Unintended/Hoodo

9. Exogenesis: Symphony Part I (Overture)

Strings, throughout all 3 parts.

Building into the Symphony, gradually adding layers & building up.

Getting nice & big to go into part 2...

10. Exogenesis: Symphony Part II (Cross Pollination)

Muse at their whackyest.

Origin style...plus a lot more.

11. Exogenesis: Symphony Part III (Redemption)

The loudest, most dramatic, grandest monster of a track you have ever heard.

....Having said that, I'm almost certain I'll be totally wrong.

I agree, Muse have lost the plot. This will be their worst album easily.

I'm not going to predict anything about the album's quality but I have a terrible nagging feel that the album will be über-bloated, massive without having any real feeling behind the grandiosity, generally just a huge wank of an album a'la Be Here Now. Which is kind of stupid considering it's just song titles.

I'm not too into sweeping prog and I hope this is not the direction the band is heading.

Don't really care for the excessive conspiracy stuff either, but I don't have a deep interest in the lyrics anyway, so whatever.

Hopefully I will be dead wrong.

Here's a track by track rundown of what I think we are in for!

Let me know what you think.

Uprising

This will possibly be an instrumental track and an extended introduction, perhaps lasting 2 minutes building up into resistance. The music will tell a story and may be very classical-based.

Resistance

An epic rock song, perhaps in the style of City of Delusion, following from the build up in Uprising. This song title reminds me of a war or fight in the context of other titles and will be heavily political. I am going to lay it down now and say this could be a potential single and one of the more normal songs on the album.

Undisclosed Desires

A much softer song after the two big first tracks, probably a more simple love song judging by the titles, and perhaps referencing the human emotions that appear as the resistance resides and has been won. Could be the 'Unintended' of the album.

United States of Eurasia

The resulting New World Order that arises from 'Resistance' is the theme of this track and may deal with themes such as the disintegration of human rights as we become servants to the machine, as the resistance has failed. Heavy on strings judging from the score in the twitpic, continuing with a heavy classical theme. Collateral Damage may be a short outro of 1.5-2 minutes - possibly osaka jam? not sure how this would fit with the strings however. Alternatively, Collateral Damage may refer to an attack on the United States of Eurasia.

Guiding Light

Another love song here, not as soft as Undisclosed Desires. Probably more similar to starlight than any other song, however fitting in better with the rest of the album. Note the net years day reference from ages ago - i see this song being a bit like that. Potential single.

Unnatural Selection

This is the track with an organ in it. Megalomania-ish in that it deals with a religion vs science question, or perhaps Aliens tampering with Human DNA?

MK Ultra

I can see this representing new territory for Muse, in that it is a more psychadelic style track and much like dark side of the moon. Thematically, it appears obvious this track is about mind control, indicating the possibility of a more psychadelic approach! - Could be the Sgt Peppers/Classical hybrid track mentioned in the japanese interview from last week. Could be drawn out over 6 minutes.

I Belong to You + Mon Coeur S'Ouvre A Ta Voix

Opera? A return to classical influences from earlier in the album, a very strong track much like Hoodoo crossed with Micro Cuts. See this:

Exogenesis: Overture

An instrumental track, very soft indeed.

Exogenesis: Cross Pollination

This is where the words start. Dealing with exogenesis and the fact that life on earth originated elsewhere.

Exogenesis: Redemption

The enlightenment occurs here, definitely the most optimistic track on the album and providing a dramatic climax to an album that tells a story.

Overall Notes:

It is worth nothing that on every album so far, the second track has been a single (not including introductions)

This album i feel will flow better than any others so far, and the track names indicate that there is a story being told and that this will be a concept album.

Much to some peoples despair, i feel that there will be a couple of more progressive tracks on the album - notably MK Ultra, and Possibly United States of Eurasia.

I feel that this album will last for about an hour. - with two extra tracks adjoined to existing ones, and the potential for a couple of more progressive tracks, i think this will be the longest album.

I get the feeling of a very heavy classical theme, and the most unusual song on BH&R mentioned by matt is perhaps Hoodoo, rather than Map of the Problematique.

I think Hoodoo will be the best indicator for this album. It seems to fit much better with what can be derived from the titles. A cover of an opera, strings in USoE, and a Symphony.

What happened to the 15min space-rock solo?

I want at least one Hendrix/Gilmour-like solo.:awesome:

I think that is with the orchestra, mixing up styles same way Butterflies and hurricanes went soft then rock- I love that song

I doubt that the Symphonic Monster will be all just one huge orchestra. Some parts will still incorporate Matt on vocals probably and the finale will incorporate the guitars, basses, everything for an epic finish. "Very heavy indeed".

I doubt that the Symphonic Monster will be all just one huge orchestra. Some parts will still incorporate Matt on vocals probably and the finale will incorporate the guitars, basses, everything for an epic finish. "Very heavy indeed".

Go listen to november rain- that is where this is going

Here's a track by track rundown of what I think we are in for!

Let me know what you think.

Uprising

This will possibly be an instrumental track and an extended introduction, perhaps lasting 2 minutes building up into resistance. The music will tell a story and may be very classical-based.

Resistance

An epic rock song, perhaps in the style of City of Delusion, following from the build up in Uprising. This song title reminds me of a war or fight in the context of other titles and will be heavily political. I am going to lay it down now and say this could be a potential single and one of the more normal songs on the album.

Undisclosed Desires

A much softer song after the two big first tracks, probably a more simple love song judging by the titles, and perhaps referencing the human emotions that appear as the resistance resides and has been won. Could be the 'Unintended' of the album.

United States of Eurasia

The resulting New World Order that arises from 'Resistance' is the theme of this track and may deal with themes such as the disintegration of human rights as we become servants to the machine, as the resistance has failed. Heavy on strings judging from the score in the twitpic, continuing with a heavy classical theme. Collateral Damage may be a short outro of 1.5-2 minutes - possibly osaka jam? not sure how this would fit with the strings however. Alternatively, Collateral Damage may refer to an attack on the United States of Eurasia.

Guiding Light

Another love song here, not as soft as Undisclosed Desires. Probably more similar to starlight than any other song, however fitting in better with the rest of the album. Note the net years day reference from ages ago - i see this song being a bit like that. Potential single.

Unnatural Selection

This is the track with an organ in it. Megalomania-ish in that it deals with a religion vs science question, or perhaps Aliens tampering with Human DNA?

MK Ultra

I can see this representing new territory for Muse, in that it is a more psychadelic style track and much like dark side of the moon. Thematically, it appears obvious this track is about mind control, indicating the possibility of a more psychadelic approach! - Could be the Sgt Peppers/Classical hybrid track mentioned in the japanese interview from last week. Could be drawn out over 6 minutes.

I Belong to You + Mon Coeur S'Ouvre A Ta Voix

Opera? A return to classical influences from earlier in the album, a very strong track much like Hoodoo crossed with Micro Cuts. See this:

Exogenesis: Overture

An instrumental track, very soft indeed.

Exogenesis: Cross Pollination

This is where the words start. Dealing with exogenesis and the fact that life on earth originated elsewhere.

Exogenesis: Redemption

The enlightenment occurs here, definitely the most optimistic track on the album and providing a dramatic climax to an album that tells a story.

Overall Notes:

It is worth nothing that on every album so far, the second track has been a single (not including introductions)

This album i feel will flow better than any others so far, and the track names indicate that there is a story being told and that this will be a concept album.

Much to some peoples despair, i feel that there will be a couple of more progressive tracks on the album - notably MK Ultra, and Possibly United States of Eurasia.

I feel that this album will last for about an hour. - with two extra tracks adjoined to existing ones, and the potential for a couple of more progressive tracks, i think this will be the longest album.

I get the feeling of a very heavy classical theme, and the most unusual song on BH&R mentioned by matt is perhaps Hoodoo, rather than Map of the Problematique.

I think Hoodoo will be the best indicator for this album. It seems to fit much better with what can be derived from the titles. A cover of an opera, strings in USoE, and a Symphony.

pretty colours :happy:

What if the songs in brackets are in fact, other tracks? So we wouldn't get an 11-song album, but a 13-song album?

I was thinking a bit about what they meant by having them in brackets and having pluses with them unless they would be acknowledged, but I think these are more or less interludes which will actually appear on the album as seperate tracks. Maybe they didnt count them as tracks themselves and just said so on Twitter to spare the time used or something.

Or no wait thats a stupid idea.

Apocalypse Please was a single, mind you.

No it wasn't. There was a live version download but that hardly counts.

I'm surprised everyone's assuming Undisclosed Desires is gonna be a softie when its already been said its a Timbaland-esque r'n'b non-guitar number.

I think Undisclosed Desires will be the first single.

Since there's some definate info out on Undisclosed Desires, Uprising, USOE, Esogenesis Symphony, I won't predict anything about those.

Here's what's left:

Unnatural Selection: the glam rock song?

Resistance: uses unusual sounds like llama toenails, but kind of MoTP like?

MK Ultra: a riffy rock song?

I Belong to You: combine something like Endlessly with the end of CE?

Mon Coeur S'Ouvre Á Ta Voix: a cover, possibly spoken french words, very soft?

Guiding Light: the Sgt Pepper like song, has lots of stuff going on in it?

Collateral Damage: includes Osaka Jam?

"Uprising" Fucking proper rock with mad bass riff midway through with some INSANE synths.

"Resistance" anthem kind of song with a lot of percussion.

"Undisclosed Desires" sappy pop song with acoustic guitar -> electric.

"United States of Eurasia (+Collateral Damage)" glorious meets hoodoo.

"Guiding Light" sappy pop song with a lot of synths and layered vocals. (the one where matt plays nothing)

"Unnatural Selection" VERY electric. NIN-ish with very rough/deep bass.

"MK Ultra" SMBH meets Showbiz. Heavy drums with a funk beat and the usual Muse synths. wicked chorus and a proper bass riff to carry the song when it gets quiet.

"I Belong to You (+Mon Cœur S'ouvre à ta Voix)" another sappy pop song that is exclusively acoustic. no drums. no bass.

"Exogenesis: Symphony Part I (Overture)" very soft, piano based intro that carries out through most of the song. it gets heavier and heavier, eventually leading to -

"Exogenesis: Symphony Part II (Cross Pollination)" - a synth, orchestra orgasm with ravaging drums and soft bass leading to -

"Exogenesis: Symphony Part III (Redemption)" - a massive, mind-blowing, eruption of orchestra and synthy-guitar with chris and matt doing insane harmonies and chris doing some side singing (TSP Live-style), with the track ending in how the Overture began.

• 4 months later...

Archived