I'll immediately lose respect for any moron who does a Michael Jackson cover as a "tribute" to him in the following months.

The Flaming Lips had it right when they played as a tribute to him...a very weird version of Madonna's Borderline.

I would love so much to hear Muse cover Michael. At the O2. I've heard McFly cover Black or White, and Fall Out Boy cover Beat It. Both okay, not great. And live, FOB's was .... =_= But... ideally nothing too mainstream. I think Smooth Criminal is thebest cover ive heard.

I can sort of imagine Muse covering something more like Ghosts or Earth Song (Bellamy's ooohs and ahhhs!!). But they are the only ones i can imagine. Given Muse's track records of covers, I think theyd choose a class one, and make it Muse lol. Anything else, pref. not. Can you imagine Bellamy singing "Just stop doggin me around?" I can't,

I love Michael so much, has anyone heard any evidence that Muse or any members of Muse liked MJ at all?

Everyone and their grandmother are going to be covering him for the whole fucking next year, I'm not looking forward to it. Muse should spare people the pain of yet another MJ cover.

Besides, isn't TIRO Michael Jackson-y enough for you guys?

I agree. It was bad enough when FOB covered Beat It, now everyone's gonna be doing MJ covers as a 'tribute' :indiff: it'll just be annoying. Do a tribute in some other way, like have a gathering or something, not rape his songs :(

Why jump on the bandwagon on this one? Everyone's doing it nowadays, because ... well, because it's Michael Jackson and whatnot, "we HAVE to pay some sort of tribute...". Give it a break, no you don't "HAVE" to.

Saw Dave Gahan do a Michael Jackson dance in one of Depeche Mode's latest concerts and it was horrible, horrible, horrible to infinity.

Just.. don't.

Why jump on the bandwagon on this one? Everyone's doing it nowadays, because ... well, because it's Michael Jackson and whatnot, "we HAVE to pay some sort of tribute...". Give it a break, no you don't "HAVE" to.

Saw Dave Gahan do a Michael Jackson dance in one of Depeche Mode's latest concerts and it was horrible, horrible, horrible to infinity.

Just.. don't.

Good post.

Despite my previous one, I do agree with what you say.

I think it's just a discussion about if Muse were to ever perform a cover, which song of MJs' would be best suited I suppose.

Oh and "Beat It" would be excellent too :awesome:

Ok. How about this? If bands want to cover MJ, they will cover MJ. Might be ok, like AAF. Might be.. not so... like FOB. If they dont want to, they wont.

As much as I, and so many people love Michael, not everyone did or does. I don't want anyone covering him for the sake of, oh he died this year,lets cover him, that'll go down well and get us some attention.

I would only want Muse, or any other band i like, to cover them if they really truly admired him and really truly felt his loss. To the point of tears i mean. Usher was in tears. As much as i dislike him/indifferent, his emotion is real, and having realised that, if he released a cover so be it. Some bands/artists i would be sceptical of. Muse included. If there was proof of his influence or they were moved by it. Fine. If no emotion whatsoever was put into the cover, sadness or happiness, whatever, then i wouldn't be happy with it.

Maybe this thread should be closed. It's just a spilt war really isnt it.

ok.. my idea was good for some, but bad for others.. i started to listen to muse in 2000, and adore in 2001 (when they released OOS).. most of the guys that came here to criticize are starlight`s fans or time is running out/sing for absolution`s fans.. when i made this topic, i thought it was a good idea cause in my opinion jackson - muse are compatible.. you don`t know michael cause you`r not from that generation. i never listened to pop music and i`not a michael fan, but i can see that he was an big artist, unlike the bands from nowadays that have one single and, in one month, they`re forgotten.. michael`ll not be forgotten like the kids `s bands you listen..

respect the others if you want to be respected, you kids.. and go listen your new pop/ hip-hop/ numetal and emo stuff...

now you can close the topic if you want .

Archived