The Groove discussion thread

Repeaterbeater

:awesome: I love this song. I probably am the reason behind half the page views on this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzA158Yg3Es&feature=related

& though The Groove is over the top awesome in that video, my favourite part will always be Chris asking just before they go on, "what's the set?" :LOL::LOL:

The end of the video is pretty classic Matt though.

Matt: That was f**king pwoper rock and roll *throws guitar in bin* :LOL:

The Groove is okay and instrumentaly its fantastic. It should definatly be played as a riff in the Resistance tour but above the riff, there's nothing too it......sorry:$

The whole song is basically 2 different riffs and a great little solo, so what's the problem?

• 2 months later...

the groove is probably in my top 10 or at least top 20 favourite muse songs :happy: its amazing, i love when he says "some one tell me why she breaks my fall, and then breaks my heart" :) it sounds so cute when matt sings it :happy:

easily in my top three Muse songs, I love this one to death. :happy: It makes me feel so happy and always makes me feel better when I'm just not in a good mood.

I wish they'd play this more often, even more than the other typical rarities.

• 10 months later...
How is it possible i had never noticed the awesome backing voices in the chorus! They sound fantastic

In case you didn't know this song probably came out as a result of the hysteria chorus, as they're the same chords.

Hysteria - C(I) G(V) D(II) A(VI)

The Groove - A(I) E(V) B(II) F(VI)

Technically they're not the same chords. The intervals are the same, but even then that by no means it's related to the hysteria chorus

Hysteria - C(I) G(V) D(II) A(VI)

The Groove - A(I) E(V) B(II) F(VI)

Technically they're not the same chords. The intervals are the same, but even then that by no means it's related to the hysteria chorus

I know they're not the same chords, i just didn't manage to communicate properly.

Hysteria is C, G, Dm, Am

Groove is A, E, Bm, F#m

they are the same chords transposed a tone and a half down. You could sing the hysteria chorus along the groove's one. That's why i think Matt composed these two songs together. Maybe he was looking for a melody for the hysteria chorus and found the groove's one or viceversa.

I know they're not the same chords, i just didn't manage to communicate properly.

Hysteria is C, G, Dm, Am

Groove is A, E, Bm, F#m

they are the same chords transposed a tone and a half down. You could sing the hysteria chorus along the groove's one. That's why i think Matt composed these two songs together. Maybe he was looking for a melody for the hysteria chorus and found the groove's one or viceversa.

:p I know that they're not exactly the same chords, but the intervals between the chords are the same. However there are thousands of songs that use this chord pattern, so it's not a definite that they were written with each other in mind.

They just happen to be a catchy, simple chord progression that he used a couple of times in that era

• 3 months later...

They just happen to be a catchy, simple chord progression that he used a couple of times in that era

Yeah, Hysteria (unlike most of Muse songs) is based on the simplest chord combination - but it's the sound, riffs, vocals and kick-arse solo that make it shine like no other !!!

Archived