I was in English today and we had a reading lesson in the library and me and two people who I am sort of friends with were talking a bit and one of them asked who my favourite band was and I said Muse (obviously:rolleyes:). The other girl said "Who's Muse?" and the other said "It's the twilight band, isn't it?". "Oh yeah, that's them", the other girl said. All the while I was just like :facepalm:. Then one of my friends asked me why I liked "the twilight band"(FUCK:facepalm::noey:). So I said "Well, first, they're not "the twilight band", they're a band and there just so happens to be a person who liked them and wrote a book while listening to them and included a song in the soundtrack. Oh yeah, and I like them because they're awesome"

I just read it back then and I wasn't being as rude and all 'as a matter of fact' as it sounds when it's typed:$

:facepalm:

Middle school students are exactly the same here! I came across a girl your age who thought they were the twilight band. I got mad, and told her "You should like a band because of the band!"

Middle school students are exactly the same here! I came across a girl your age who thought they were the twilight band. I got mad, and told her "You should like a band because of the band!"

:facepalm: but I don't know why they can't see that a band isn't meant to be only known for a book written ten years after the band formed.

End of rant:$:chuckle:

:facepalm: but I don't know why they can't see that a band isn't meant to be only known for a book written ten years after the band formed.

End of rant:$:chuckle:

Yeah, 13-14 year olds are amusing XD Especially ones who consider Fall Out Boy and Panic! At this Disco as Punk :eek: I told her to listen to The Sex Pistols and The Clash if she's a punk fan :phu:

Yeah, 13-14 year olds are amusing XD Especially ones who consider Fall Out Boy and Panic! At this Disco as Punk :eek: I told her to listen to The Sex Pistols and The Clash if she's a punk fan :phu:

Fall Out Boy:chuckle:. People like that can be annoying but I guess they're fun to laugh at.

Fall Out Boy:chuckle:. People like that can be annoying but I guess they're fun to laugh at.

You're a cool 14 year old. I find the scary twilight/ miley/ jonas bro fanatics scary.

Got to admit, Twilight had a pretty good soundtrack, the lullaby is lovely. It never makes me think about twilight, it makes me think of someone else :p

You're a cool 14 year old. I find the scary twilight/ miley/ jonas bro fanatics scary.

Got to admit, Twilight had a pretty good soundtrack, the lullaby is lovely. It never makes me think about twilight, it makes me think of someone else :p

:awesome: There aren't too many Jonas Brothers fans in my year, but I could name quite a few Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana fans:chuckle:

I didn't listen to all of the soundtrack, I think I listened to about 5 or 6 songs (including Muse). I heard Bella's Lullaby on a friends ipod, I was in no rush to download it, but it sounded good.

At school like a week ago we were playing this singing game where my teacher picks a word and then you have to sing a song with that word in it. The word was suffer. She isn't a very happy lady... So I started singing SMBH. and the two twilight girls in my grade freaked out and started singing with me. Then I got to the second verse and they had no idea what the words were!! So i kept on singing and they were kind of humming along. And they are the ones at my school who claim to be muse fans!! They dont even know the song that was in the freaking movie. After that one of them asked if she could borrow my copy of BHAR and i said, "only if you promise never to say that muse is 'the twilight band' again." she walked away and hasn't said anything about muse since!! I feel bad that i may have shunned a potential fan but her brain was completely wasted on that book.:D

Then later my teacher picked the word fight. I was gonna sing knights cuz that was the first one that come to my head. Then the guy who was standing next to me started singing knights!! I just kinda looked at him (i had no idea he liked muse) then I said, "fine I'll sing butterflies and hurricanes!" Then i got yelled at by my teacher for yelling at him:D

After that he told me that he picked that song just because it would annoy me.

I hate these generalizations. :erm:

Not all middle school students are the same.

:eek: Fall Out Boy and Panic At The Disco? Punk? That's just sad.

I was walking in the mall today and I heard this person behind me singing The Groove. I had to turn around and start singing with her and her boyfriend (or whatever) kind of looked at us like we were mental. But, it seriously made my day. I am still in a state of euphoria. :D

The Groove?! :eek:

B-but...you live in the US! THE GROOVE?! I mean, SMBH, Knights, Starlight, I wouldn't be too surprised, but the farking Groove?! God, you're lucky, finding someone at a public place who knows a Muse b-side. I don't think I'll ever be fortunate enough. :LOL:

:eek: Fall Out Boy and Panic At The Disco? Punk? That's just sad.

Yeah, like how Avril Lavigne is punk. Tsk, tsk.... :noey:

B-but...you live in the US! THE GROOVE?! I mean, SMBH, Knights, Starlight, I wouldn't be too surprised, but the farking Groove?! God, you're lucky, finding someone at a public place who knows a Muse b-side. I don't think I'll ever be fortunate enough. :LOL:

Yes, that IS rather amazing! :eek:

We were told that we would be studying tectonic plates in geography this year, and one them is called the Eurasian Plate :awesome: I instantly thought 'EuraSIA! SIA! SIA!' :LOL:

We're learning about the centre of the earth and earthquakes and all that, I should ask about that:awesome:...... just so I can sing that:$

Was in a bookshop, saw a book about guitars so I decided to look through it. Checked out the Manson guitars part of course, and who was mentioned? Matt Belllllllamy :awesome: I actually took a photo of it on my phone :$

Thennnn I was looking through the magazines and found 3 that mentioned Muse. :D

Then I was in another store and Supermassive Black Hole came on :D

Just so an advert for some German show(schlag de Raab) and it had Uprising!!!!:D:D:D:D

And we were allowed to listen to music while we had Volleyball practice, so my friend and I did a playlist. She hates Muse so I tried not to put too much Muse on (it but failed:rolleyes: ). While playing the playlist my coah realised it was Muse though I mostly put Hullabaloo stuff on it. That was:awesome:

I know. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Seems like there are some true Muse fans in America. :happy:

It's like how I heard Muscle Museum being played at a Canadian HMV :D

But of course, this story is so much more cooler because it's The friggin' GROOVE we're talking about here! :awesome:

Well I was playing the piano version of Hoodoo on a piano in a music store today (I has no sheets, I was just kind of guessing) and then two people told me how I was really good. And I was messing up all over the place, and then I'm like "Well screw it, the people don't know what it is but they loooove Muse."

:awesome:

OH. And and and they used KoC in a little music compilation. :awesome: They also used Take Me Out. :happy:

Was in a bookshop, saw a book about guitars so I decided to look through it. Checked out the Manson guitars part of course, and who was mentioned? Matt Belllllllamy :awesome: I actually took a photo of it on my phone :$

Thennnn I was looking through the magazines and found 3 that mentioned Muse. :D

Then I was in another store and Supermassive Black Hole came on :D

That's a lucky day :LOL:

It's like how I heard Muscle Museum being played at a Canadian HMV :D

But of course, this story is so much more cooler because it's The friggin' GROOVE we're talking about here! :awesome:

That's still something you won't hear everyday! Pretty darn nifty! I'd love to hear Muscle Museum being played in a local store! :D The only time I've heard Muse in a store is when they play Supermassive Black Hole in Hot Topic for the Twilight fans to listen to. I still like SMBH, but it's just being used for the wrong reason in my opinion. MUSE IS NOT THE TWILIGHT BAND AMERICA!!! :)

/end rant.

i walked to the ice cream store by my school with my friends cuz it was the last day of school. We were in line and i started humming screenager cuz it was stuck in my head. all of my friends joined in and then the guy who was working at the store said to me,"Origin of Symmetry is my favorite." :stunned:

that made my day cuz i live in America. and they never play anything off OoS on the radio. They really only play uprising and SMBH.

:eyebrows: hehe. Actually, my mum does quite like Matt now I think of it. Because I got her to watch all the 'Muse funny moments' videos from Youtube and she laughed a lot :p she's quite intrigued by Matt's certain mannerisms, she finds him funny and rather sweet. I think she finds the way he is quite endearing :awesome: which is cool. He's very lovable.

Everytime my mom sees matt wearing his red suit she says," he is SEXY" then she asks me again, "how old is he?" or sometimes it is," is he married??"

wow mom.

i walked to the ice cream store by my school with my friends cuz it was the last day of school. We were in line and i started humming screenager cuz it was stuck in my head. all of my friends joined in and then the guy who was working at the store said to me,"Origin of Symmetry is my favorite." :stunned:

that made my day cuz i live in America. and they never play anything off OoS on the radio. They really only play uprising and SMBH.

That would have made my year. :eek:

Although something like that's already happened, that would have made my year even moreso.

Archived