i think it's safe to assume that, for many of us, muse is a part of everyday life.

in conversations (whether or not the other person even gives a phuck), etc.

so. what are some quotes, quips, or stories, having to do with muse, that have popped up in your random life?

just now my mum came in the room and said,

"i think adam lambert (american idol, eh?) should do a muse song."

granted i was mixed and explained how that would be peachy, but he'd have people trying to kill him afterwards.

mum replied that "he would never be as good as matt bellamy."

props to her for remembering his name :D

anyone else?

One time, my mom and I were listening to the radio (an alternative rock station) when we hear:

"Hello, this is Matt from Muse, and you're listening to [name of station]"

Mom: What the hell was wrong with that guy? He sounded like he was stuttering, or something.

Me: That was Matt from Muse. :LOL:

Mom: Oh... really? Wow, I couldn't even understand him.

One time, my mom and I were listening to the radio (an alternative rock station) when we hear:

OT but there's one of those for the local alternative station here too, when it comes on it makes me :D

My God I think I've heard that before, except it was more like "Hello this is Matt *random mutterings* and you're listening to [name of station]"

So I thought it was Muse and I began freaking out. It could have been someone completely different named Matt. :LOL:

My ringtone which promptly gets stuck in my bf's head...often hear him singing SMBH around the house and adding his own crude lyrics and swearing coz he hates it......

....followed by us watching a documentary about supermassive blackholes and again him swearing about magically having that song stuck in his head. lol

OMG I was sitting on the floor in Islington (Angel tube nearest) outside the corner of Islington Academy, where the clothes shop is, while my friend went off to find someone, and a passing woman came over to "say hi to a Muse fan" - cos i had a Muse messenger bag!!! It really suprised me!!! She's on this forum but cant remember her user... this was 24th feb - if you read this - HELLOO!!

No one really says anything about Muse, only my best mate. Although when I started my job, it was the late shift, and one of the late nighters put their ipod on, and it was this weird Muse remix.. not very good, but it was Muse nevertheless. So that sort of started a convo with another late nighter who liked OOS but not BHAR... thats about the extent of outside-world-Musing xD

OH AND WHEN I WENT TO SEE SNOW PATROL AT THE O2 ARENA - THEY PLAYED THE STARLIGHT VIDEO ON THE SCREENS!!! That got me more hyped up than the actual gig xD

When I tell people my favourite band is Muse they never know what I'm talking about, then I make them listen to a few song and everyone sais the music could be good but the voice is annoing :mad:

Then my boyfriend always makes fun of of Matt's voice

Oh I hate that! It's so stupid, especially because his voice is wonderful if you listen to a "normal" Muse song (such as TiRO or Starlight) and then progress into their weirder awesomer stuff (Micro Cuts, for example). People just won't give Matt a chance.

My dad does funny impressions of Matt that are pretty badly innacurate. He simply sings really high and says something random like "soda." :LOL:

• 2 weeks later...

At my school this year it's a big trend for all of the underclassmen to bring guitars to school, even if they kind of suck, just so they can show off by strumming the same 3 chords over and over, or playing some crappy little riff. It's extremely irritating. But anyway, today a particularly annoying sophomore was playing a bunch of riffs from BH&R in one of my classes. I was surprised, and also kind of put off... to associate Muse with such otherwise annoying behavior... I feel like they've been contaminated. haha.

It happens occasionally, where I'll hear someone talk about them or something, and I always feel like running over and joining the conversation, and bombarding them with questions about how many albums they own or how long they've liked them. I never do, but I always listen to the conversation intently and feel either pleased or upset depending on if I like the person or not. That's probably just me, though... I'm strangely possessive of the bands I like.

Toooooooo many to list, Muse consciously and unconsciously crop up in my life every flippin day haha! :D

Just teh other day I was on the train and saw this poster for.. something (I can't remember what it was actually advertising lol) and it said 'Take it to the world'... so I took a pic of it on my camera-phone cos it reminded me of the opening line of New Born lol! :$

That's just one of like 649 'stories'! :rolleyes:

It happens occasionally, where I'll hear someone talk about them or something, and I always feel like running over and joining the conversation, and bombarding them with questions about how many albums they own or how long they've liked them. I never do, but I always listen to the conversation intently and feel either pleased or upset depending on if I like the person or not. That's probably just me, though... I'm strangely possessive of the bands I like.

Haha yeah I do that all the time, get excited whenever Muse crops up and they always do! The other day I saw someone at uni wearing a Muse tshirt then looked at them and saw it was one of my friends who then came over and said hi and gave me a hug and i was just like 'omg you're wearing a Muse tshirt! yaaay!' coz i had no idea she was a fan

Then a few days ago I was youtubing The Beatles song 'Because' and discovered that the whole song was based on the reverse of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata so I looked for videos showing this and found one with someone playing it on bass....and they were wearing a Muse tshirt! :LOL: Maybe I'm just easily amused....for reals

Oooh and a few weeks ago I had a gig and one of the fans of the other bands was stumbling about drunk and somehow muse cropped up and my bassist pointed and me and said 'this is the biggest muse fan you will ever meet' and the drunk guy started asking me what my favourite album was and that i couldnt say anything other than Origin of Symmetry :LOL: Then he started showing me Origin of Symmetry on his ipod and I was just thinking 'Yeah, and if I had mines I'd show you the 223 Muse songs I have' :LOL:

But yeah when I first discovered Muse I used to go on to my friends about the genius that was Matt Bellamy and the wonders of the Plug In Baby riff but it just totally went over their heads :rolleyes:

I also recently bought my equally Muse obsessed sister a tshirt which said 'Too Much Too Young' on it because of the Muse referenceee :D

• 1 month later...

i finally found this thread! no ones posted in a while..

i had an interesting science lesson today

my teacher said "this experiment is a bit problematical" and i said to my friend "isn't is problematic? like MotP?"

Then this girl plugging in the power pack and said "lets plug this baby in" and i thought of PiB.

Then she said (randomly) "this is dangerous. we could burn down the lab and we would die because it would set our hearts alight" so i thought of SMBH (you set my soul alight)

Then my teacher was talking about potential energy and said "the resistance" :p

• 3 weeks later...
i finally found this thread! no ones posted in a while..

i had an interesting science lesson today

my teacher said "this experiment is a bit problematical" and i said to my friend "isn't is problematic? like MotP?"

Then this girl plugging in the power pack and said "lets plug this baby in" and i thought of PiB.

Then she said (randomly) "this is dangerous. we could burn down the lab and we would die because it would set our hearts alight" so i thought of SMBH (you set my soul alight)

Then my teacher was talking about potential energy and said "the resistance" :p

i'm pretty sure the stars aligned for all those.

• 2 weeks later...

My horoscope the other day said something and included the phrase "The Small Print" in it.

That was a good day.

And everyday for a while the person on the loudspeaker at school said "Time Is Running Out".

A poster on the train said "Bliss." and nothing else.

Apparently a robot from Transformers is named "Blackout" and facebook told me that I am that very robot.

In America's Got Talent today they played the intro from Wembley for about 10seconds but I noticed it.:happy:

Today I saw my first ever Muse bumper sticker - proof that there are other Muse fans in this city. :D

Earlier this evening a TV ad for Dove's Bliss chocolate came on TV and my 5 y.o. MOD (Muse-obsessed daughter) came running in the room and said "Mommy, they said Bliss!" :LOL:

I just finished reading an article where a woman was referring to her 2 year old daughter named Bellamy. :wtf:

Those are 3 musings I can remember from today!

like everyone said there are too many to recount but one that sticks out is when Muse did Lollapalooza like in 2007 they did an interview with a radio station and i was in the car and as soon as i heard "its Matt Bellamy from Muse" i shrieked and turned up the volume. And oh, my mom is always complaining about Matt whining in the songs but she loves Bliss and sing for absolution although she can't understand one word of it. :)

Archived