Invincible-Rob

Hi,

I've learned the tabs for this song, but I still can't understand what is used to strum the guitar with...

When I play it, I use a plectrum because my fingers make the tone sound cluttered. However, the sound on the song doesn't sound like it's being strummed with a plectrum yet it can have such a clear sound!

Any guitar players willing to help? Thanks

It really doesn't matter. You need to do what feels and sounds right for you. Guitar playing is about feeling not just mechanical copying! If you're using a pic do it softly though, and either way make sure you use down strokes to get the right vibe (apart from the occasional upstroke when changing chord if I remember right!).

And you should have put this in kit and tab, unless you're planning to release a cover version of it. :p

I'd love to learn guitar Just to be able play this, my favourite Muse song :happy:! (well, if I'm going that far, I'd prob try to learn some of the more recognised insane riffages too lol).HCM = Best Song EVER! :D There's my two cents haha!

But anyways, to answer the q, I guess it doesn't really matter, but if you're desperate to know, you might wanna ask in Kit & Tab... if you dare! :p

Hi,

I've learned the tabs for this song, but I still can't understand what is used to strum the guitar with...

When I play it, I use a plectrum because my fingers make the tone sound cluttered. However, the sound on the song doesn't sound like it's being strummed with a plectrum yet it can have such a clear sound!

Any guitar players willing to help? Thanks

Downstrokes using the nail of your index finger, get a similar brightish sound to a plectrum, just without the picking noise.

• 1 year later...

I think this should replace HM on OoS and Dead Star should replace Dark Shines:

New Born

Bliss

Space Dementia

Dead Star

Plug In Baby

Citizen Erased

Micro Cuts

Piano Thing + Piano Screenager (all 1 song)

Feeling Good

Hyperchondriac Music

MegloMania

Archived