Stephen King is a far more recognised and talented author that SM - I enjoy his books but I have to say that quite a few times his endings are a bit of a let-down...

I am curious to see if SM can have a successful career outside of Twilight. I haven't read the host as the story doesn't appeal to me but I wonder if she will ever publish anything else :erm:

The Host was lovely, actually. But to be honest, she clearly can't write anything outside of the romance category.

The Host was lovely, actually. But to be honest, she clearly can't write anything outside of the romance category.

I take your word for it. :happy:

I don't have an issue with Romance: if you take Marc Levy (French author) all his novels are pretty much about romance but his writing is absolutely mesmerising and he has a real talent to transcribe feelings into words and give his characters real texture, dimensions and nuances...

Anyway back to the topic - still wondering what SM will do next.

Kind of (very very loosely, but...). It had to be MTV, of course

It can gain strenght though. It's MTV where they're going to appear. However, the thing that worries me about that article, it's the assumption that if you like Twilight, you like Muse. Anyway, we should relax and see what happens afterwards.

Nevermind the paranoia, really :rolleyes:

It'd be great to see Muse's reaction if they were to announce them as Stephanie Meyer's sparkly vampires as they took to the stage in NY. :LOL:

You know why this is especially hard for me? I'm 13. As if I already don't hate myself enough for not being born 15 years earlier so I could have been there through it all. I've been a Muse fan for over 2 years, at least (Yes, I had quite good taste for an 11-year-old). But anyway, the school I go to happens to have been hit extremely hard with the Twilight epidemic and I can't tell anybody I like Muse without them going into full-on Twitard mode. I once wore a Muse shirt to school and was practically MOBBED. They didn't even bother to ask if I liked Twilight, they just assumed. I plan to iron on "Twilight is the cultural equivalent to cancer" to the back of my Muse shirt (desperate times call for desperate measures), because I too am tired of explaining that I HATE Twilight and NO I did not see the movie and NO (!) I am not lying and YES I liked Muse long before the whole Twilight fad started. Arghhhh

~~sorry for ranting, had to led it out~~

I don't mind Watchmen as much. As long as they don't go around gushing over how cute "Matthew" is and how wonderfully SMBH (if they even know the proper name) fits with TWILIGHT, then I'm mostly okay. And the worst thing about the Twilight fangirls is that they spread it in an instant.

But yes, I completely agree with you on the penny thing. Why are they letting this happen?! Do they even know what they're doing to themselves?! :(

There are no Twilight fans that are into Muse's sort of music, only SMBH :(

I converted a friend OFF Twilight, and sorta onto OoS... does that count? I've taught her Plug In Baby, and she knows KoC and Assassin from Guitar Hero- and now she hates Twatlight.

Otherwise, we fail on the conversion front. :facepalm:

2 weeks ago; i went i the room oma ister; stood infront of her wall, whic´h is full of twilight posters and ripped them off xDD

after that my sister was in tears; and she broke my (safety-burned) haarp cd.

not the original, for luck xDD

i told her i´m sorry and bought her the twatlight dvd ;D

that was very funny :D:LOL:

2 weeks ago; i went i the room oma ister; stood infront of her wall, whic´h is full of twilight posters and ripped them off xDD

after that my sister was in tears; and she broke my (safety-burned) haarp cd.

not the original, for luck xDD

i told her i´m sorry and bought her the twatlight dvd ;D

that was very funny :D:LOL:

You mean. Just because you don't like doesn't mean you should pick on your sister.

I know some people who found Muse through Twilight, and they're not the crazy 'OMFG SUPER MASSIVE BLACKHOLE IS AWESOME' fans, they heard SMBH, thought 'Hey, this is kinda cool' then chased them up and listened to their older stuff. :awesome:

I love TIRO (my band covered it a few weeks ago :awesome:), it's just one of the 3 songs that the insane Twilight fans seem to know :LOL:

I agree with you! It is the fans who listen to one song and claim to love the band that annoy me. Not people who listen to a song and then listen to enough to actually be able to judge them. It's fine if you listen to a lot.

By the way, just noticed you are also going to Sheffield! Going to be awesome! :D

You mean. Just because you don't like doesn't mean you should pick on your sister.

c´mon -> she´s one year older than me (shes 17) and we had a sister-argument..(a bad one) and i was pissed and went to her room she was like "nooooo you wont..!"

me:"i will..." *craaaaatch*

but i bought her the dvd (special edition) so c´mon. and for her the dvd means so much like for me a muse concert, wehen u know whut i mean. :rolleyes::LOL:

c´mon -> she´s one year older than me (shes 17) and we had a sister-argument..(a bad one) and i was pissed and went to her room she was like "nooooo you wont..!"

me:"i will..." *craaaaatch*

but i bought her the dvd (special edition) so c´mon. and for her the dvd means so much like for me a muse concert, wehen u know whut i mean. :rolleyes::LOL:

I should keep that in mind next time me and my sister have a fight. She has this massive poster of Bella and the Cullen kids with Edward and his big hair:LOL:;)

NOTE: Hide all muse related stuff:rolleyes::p

I agree with you! It is the fans who listen to one song and claim to love the band that annoy me. Not people who listen to a song and then listen to enough to actually be able to judge them. It's fine if you listen to a lot.

By the way, just noticed you are also going to Sheffield! Going to be awesome! :D

I'm hopefully going like 6 hours early so I can try and catch a glimpse of them :awesome:

Join to the club. There are loads of Twatlight haters here, I include myself there, and I'm proud. Twilight is the worst thing that has ever happened to Muse. I don't care that "everyone has to know about the band somehow", "there are lots of intelligent Twilighters", "don't mind us", "you don't like Twilight because you haven't read it", and so forth. They are ruining Muse reputation and that's something that won't change.

But, you know what? I don't care about Watchmen. It seems more intelligent (less retard, if you compare it to Twatlight) and I don't thing its fanboys are going to react like some rabid twilighters. The root of the problem is not the movie; the core of this stupid movement is some annoying woman called Stephenie Meyer. She spread all over the web that she LOVED Muse, the band was her inspiration, nothing would have been possible without them, and bla bla bla. After four books' knowledgements and a unique dedication, look where we are. She really thinks she is Muse's biggest fan :facepalm:

I agree with hyper_chondriac_muser, Twilighters will eventually forget that Muse was in Twatlight. But Muse's reputation has been damaged anyway. Oh! I almost forget it! Meyer says that no Twilight project will be complete without Muse, so I guess we have to bear another three movies :)

I hate when I have to see that some edward'slover luuuuvvss THE MUSE, among others, like Jonas Brothers, Panic At The Disco, Paramore, Demi Lovato, Miley Cyrus and Metro Station. I feel like eating my computer.

I hope this doesn't get closed. I really need a Twatlight bashing thread :awesome:

^

^

This.

First off, i'm fine with Watchmen fans becoming Muse fans, because they're far less fan-girlish than Twilight fans. Secondly, I agree that Twilight sucks (and the movie was even worse), and that I hate when I say "Muse is my favourite band", and people say "oh, isn't that the Twilight band?". Grr.....

Still, though, maybe someone will find out about them through Twilight and end up liking them purely for the music, so it could do some good.

I found out about Muse and SMBH through Twatlight, and now love them for their music. Not because they featured in a shitty tween film. (I absolutely despite Twilight BTW. Don't think that because I'm twelve I'm one of those OMG MUSE! TWILIGHT! fans. Because I'm not. Yuck. :vomit: I actually love Muse's music, unlike some "fans" I know at my school. Makes me sick. Anyway...)

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter all that much tbh. These fangirlys and Twatlight lovers can claim they fucking invented Muse if they want to, we all know it has no substance! And as long as you know you're a true fan that recognises and appreciates Muse for their music and not because they featured in some shite film, then who cares what other people think?!

Exactly.

i'm not a fan of twilight, but i dont hate it with a passion.

but when people go oh them who sing the song on the baseball scene in twilight, yeah thats a good song. That makes me pissed off.

I used to love smbh, i dont really like it much anymore 'cause of that.

If they're going to use a song on new moon, they better not use a good one.

i'm not a fan of twilight, but i dont hate it with a passion.

but when people go oh them who sing the song on the baseball scene in twilight, yeah thats a good song. That makes me pissed off.

I used to love smbh, i dont really like it much anymore 'cause of that.

If they're going to use a song on new moon, they better not use a good one.

They are using good ones :(

I should keep that in mind next time me and my sister have a fight. She has this massive poster of Bella and the Cullen kids with Edward and his big hair:LOL:;)

NOTE: Hide all muse related stuff:rolleyes::p

I DID :D

where noone can find it :shifty:

^

^

This.

So, you didn't mind the use of the word 'movement'? I remember I was bashed for using it, and, anyway, I was just writing a rant in a language different from my native one :rolleyes:

They are using good ones :(

How do you know? :eek: They... they can't! Hell! Imagine what would happen if they use... I don't know... the last verse of Citizen Erased? (just an hypothetical situation). I was listening to it yesterday and... it'd actually fit in that disgusting movie :facepalm:

It'd be great to see Muse's reaction if they were to announce them as Stephanie Meyer's sparkly vampires as they took to the stage in NY. :LOL:

:LOL:

Dom would think that they're referring to his trousers :p

There are no Twilight fans that are into Muse's sort of music, only SMBH :(

Umm. . . wrong. There are the rare few out there. I read the books before the movie came out and found them very entertaining. I knew about a few BH&R songs (that I really liked) before reading them but assumed (stupidly) that they were the only good songs since I hadn't heard of anything else. At the end of the books Stephenie Meyer always talked about how she loved muse as well as a lot of other bands that I like. So I listened to some more online and ended up buying all of the albums. Now I'm hooked.

Just to clarify, I can't stand the majority of Twilight fans but I know there are a few people like me out there :).

Btw, I know many of you will ignore this (or flame me) but you should check out the playlists on her site. Not all of the music is good imo but there is a lot of good stuff. I'll post links if anyone wants.

Edit: Here they are:

First

Second

Third

Fourth

Fifth

Sixth

I'm not 100% certain, but last I heard it was Apocalypse Please, Hyper Music, and/or Sing For Absolution. Also 15 Step...:(

I don't think there's any official word yet. But I know 15 Steps was used in Twilight, but wasn't on the soundtrack. So I doubt they'd use it again. I'm thinking maybe people keep saying AP, SFA and HM because those were in S. Meyer's playlist while she was writing New Moon. That doesn't mean any of them will be in the movie. TiRO was on her playlist for Twilight, but as we all know, it was SMBH that was in the movie. As much as we don't want to think about it, it makes sense from Muse's perspective to use a new song, so I'm thinking that's what they'll do, if there's one that fits. It would be better marketing.

I don't think there's any official word yet. But I know 15 Steps was used in Twilight, but wasn't on the soundtrack. So I doubt they'd use it again. I'm thinking maybe people keep saying AP and HM because maybe that was what was in S. Meyer's playlist while she was writing New Moon. As much as we don't want to think about it, it makes sense from Muse's perspective to use a new song, so I'm thinking that's what they'll do, if there's one that fits. It would be better marketing.

Oh, I was just doing a bit of research before I replied, I misread the bit about 15 Step :$ Oops :LOL:

The Los Angeles Times reports that director Chris Weitz has confirmed that the soundtrack "will feature songs from Radiohead, Muse and Band of Skulls, among others."

Archived