I came to know of Muse via the Twilight road. I read the books to make sure they were appropriate for my 10 yr old daughter. I had noticed that the author credited Muse as inspiration. I saw the movie with said daughter, HATED it. BUT, I did like SMBH.

I did some research to see if I liked any other of Muse's songs and was suprised by how long they'd been around.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE their music. I bought all their cd's and got a hold of all the B-sides I could get my hands on. There are only a couple of songs that I don't love - and even those I don't hate either

I know everyone will lump me as a "Twilighter", but that's ok because I am just happy to have found Muse at all. I am definitely NOT a tween fad lover.

I just wish I could see them live without having to suffer through U2..

I know everyone will lump me as a "Twilighter", but that's ok because I am just happy to have found Muse at all. I am definitely NOT a tween fad lover.

I just wish I could see them live without having to suffer through U2..

I think the main "twilighter" thing is not aimed at people who found muse through twilight and genuinely became fans but is more aimed at the people who don't really know anything about the band but are like "ZOMG! I LUVE THE MYUZE! TEHY ARE TEH BETZ CUZ THEY ROTE THAT SONG FOR TWILITE!!".... there are a lot of random people around the board who found muse through meyer :)

I love muse obvs loved them for years will contine loving them forever lol . . . but my sister forced me to readd twilight (i aint seen the film and have no intention to) and tbh the book isnt thaaat bad :S

I feel bad but still eek lol xxx

^ :LOL:

I don't really know the origin of those comics and if they're referring to anything in particular, but they're funny regardless :awesome:

they're called ragetoons: http://ragetoons.com/

basically, it's something really frustrating that happens to people a lot in general. that's the best description i can give lol, here's an (on topic :LOL:) example:

3M99RKJ7fq19mzmh7XohqtUzo1_400.jpg

Still, though, maybe someone will find out about them through Twilight and end up liking them purely for the music, so it could do some good.

I came across them from twilight (Which i hated) but I do adore Muse and feel lucky to know their music now. SMBH is not my favorite by a long shot. I'm just sorry I've missed so much time listening to other crap.

aww fuck :facepalm:

and just when american media like spin was doing so well at not mentioning it........:noey:

That came out in July, and I think it was in Entertainment Weekly. I'm guessing maybe a summer intern came up with that one! :LOL: Let's hope that now there's a Muse song on the radio that has nothing to do w/ Twilight, they will be able to gain some new fans through that. And maybe the Spin article will help, too. Other than Rolling Stone, it's pretty much the only other "mainstream" music magazine we've got, so I guess it's got a pretty big readership. Just got my copy today! :awesome:

aww fuck :facepalm:

and just when american media like spin was doing so well at not mentioning it........:noey:

The last part is rather cringe-worthy innit? :noey:

That came out in July, and I think it was in Entertainment Weekly. I'm guessing maybe a summer intern came up with that one! :LOL: Let's hope that now there's a Muse song on the radio that has nothing to do w/ Twilight, they will be able to gain some new fans through that. And maybe the Spin article will help, too. Other than Rolling Stone, it's pretty much the only other "mainstream" music magazine we've got, so I guess it's got a pretty big readership. Just got my copy today! :awesome:

Spin >>>>> Rolling Stone

Rolling Stone is getting less and less credible these days. My mom accidently picked up a copy of a special edition featuring The Jonas Brothers today :facepalm:. Thank goodness it was for free though! :p

The day Spin does anything like this is the day I will lose complete faith in American music magazines. However, they have been consistently legitimate for the past while, and I have yet to have any serious objections to any of their cover choices. And now with Muse on the cover of the next issue, it's just another step in the right direction :happy:

The last part is rather cringe-worthy innit? :noey:

Spin >>>>> Rolling Stone

Rolling Stone is getting less and less credible these days. My mom accidently picked up a copy of a special edition featuring The Jonas Brothers today :facepalm:. Thank goodness it was for free though! :p

The day Spin does anything like this is the day I will lose complete faith in American music magazines. However, they have been consistently legitimate for the past while, and I have yet to have any serious objections to any of their cover choices. And now with Muse on the cover of the next issue, it's just another step in the right direction :happy:

Yeah, when I was in the store, I saw the Rolling Stone with the Jo Bros on it and I was like, ewww! I've always favored Spin. Used to subscribe when I was a young whippersnapper. :happy:

yes i feel the same way i loved muse before twilight came and i feel that twilight has ruined muse and has all of these fangirls saying that they love them becuase i have heard a lot of that at my school, it is like if you like twilight then other people think that you like muse AND I HATE IT!

Archived