I reckon this epitifies the reason we need more fans like raining_muses than these fans...

http://www.mtv.com/videos/muse/158672/supermassive-black-hole.jhtml#artist=1191782

Well, I don't know lots of Twilight Muse Fans (haven't met one of them in person so far) but all those comments about the SMBH Video are the same. To tell the truth I think no one of the "real" or should I say "old" or at least the "non Twilight Muse Fans" is exaggerating when they're making fun of some fangirls in some threads. You have to face it: it really is like that!!! *is shocked* :eek:

I thought this was a rage interveiw like many others ;] But now i'm here I may aswell speak my mind..

i've loved muse for a little while now (around a year and a half) and when I found out smbh was going to be in the film I felt like something was being stolen from all us fans, and then we started to have Miley frikken cyrus fans posting comments on the smbh video, I got really pissed about it. My friends at school had never been muse fans and neither had most my family. Then some friends watched the film... They were instant smbh fans, and wouldn't listen to any other muse songs until there was some "recommendations" for time is running out in new moon. When it was announced that the resistance tour was happening in november I asked a twilight fan *cringe* if she'd go with me as I had nobody else after the only two "indie kids" in my whole year couldn't make it (seriously everybody in my school listens to take that, pussycat dolls, eminem etc..)

This girl cancelled going to a MUSE concert for some measley party, I really don't think anyone I know understands the awesomeness of muse that I know :$ Everyone in my family thinks i'm a bit of a loony when I start chatting about their concerts :happy:

Well yeah now I feel a little better after getting that off me :D

personally i havent seen the film or read the book - not my thing

the fact that muse is on the ost doesnt bother me too much however the teenage girls who like muse but have only heard super massive black hole kinda don't get the meaning of being a fan. it's like me saying wow radiohead are awsome after only hearing creep.

for the record i do like radiohead :)

I've liked Muse for years. I heard of Twilight in November after seeing the ad. Saw the film, meh, it was okay, read the books, I liked them. In my own case Muse and Twilight do not hold any connection. I like them as separate entities, and obviously I like Muse more than Twilight before anyone says it...

This reminds me of those people who go off a band once they get popular.. and i'm having exactly the same thoughts now as I do when I think of those people. Do those of you, who have bitched and ranted about the influx of new fans because of one song, really have nothing else in your lives? So what, there are stupid people on this planet that have no taste and are idiots.. don't waste your time caring about their choice in 'music taste' because they sure as hell don't care about you.. I'm not trying to start a rant or anything. I just really don't see why people are letting this bother them? And in my opinion, you can't really slag off someone for being a Twilight fangirly when you yourself are a total fangirl/boy for a band (Muse), it's the EXACT same thing, just in different contexts. So stop being hypocrites, listen to the muse songs that you like because you genuinely like them and go.. chill, take a walk or something. THERE IS MORE TO LIFE THAN GETTING ANNOYED BECAUSE SOMEONE HAS NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. :)

Can't agree more. I have a very similar story. I liked muse first but wasn't very aware of many of their songs. I read the books and liked them. At the end the author mentioned that she liked muse along with a lot of other bands I like so I checked out some more of Muse's music and I'm very happy for that. Anyway, I really can't stand most of the fan girls because hardly any of them appreciate the books/movie for any reason other than it's popularity and the hot vampires, werewolves, etc. I get tired of everyone bashing all twilight fans because of the image that the rabid fan girls give it. People think that all twilight fans are like that because they stick out in the media.

Yep... I read the books a year or so ago and quite liked them. Now I'm just a little embarrassed to be associated with all the obsessive fans of the film at my school. Bit of a let down. I was disapointed to see SMBH in the film. It was the first Muse song I heard years and years ago incidentally :D

Sorry, Off topic reply... :$

Oh my god! :eek::noey::facepalm:

Stephen King imo = One of the best authors of all time.

I gave the video a 1 star rating as soon as I saw the title :LOL:

That Twihard is delusional and ignorant. Stephen King kicks Stephanie Meyer's arse! She will never in her life write something as brilliant as The Shining, let alone any of his other novels :phu:

Have they been called that? :eek::mad:

Kind of (very very loosely, but...). It had to be MTV, of course

The 2009 MTV Video Music Awards are already guaranteed to rate highly among fans of outrageous, rail-thin British comedians, country/pop queens and Stephenie Meyer's sparkly vampires. [...]

It can gain strenght though. It's MTV where they're going to appear. However, the thing that worries me about that article, it's the assumption that if you like Twilight, you like Muse. Anyway, we should relax and see what happens afterwards.

Nevermind the paranoia, really :rolleyes:

Archived