Sunburn discussion thread

abomufc108

Rate the song "Sunburn"  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the song "Sunburn"

One more for Sunburn! One of the first Muse songs I learned how to play on the piano.

Kylee reminded me of this iMac/iTunes ad from a while back that used "Sunburn":

That song is perfect for that ad

I love the video clip. They look so dark, like ghosts.

YES

Brilliant song. It brings up the quality of Showbiz by several notches single-handedly.

YES

I <3 Sunburn, it's a beautiful song, especially the piano at the beginning. Gives me goosebumps :happy:

Me too

Sunburn+Glasto 2004=Epic gig (which was epic)

So true, that performance of sunburn especially was something very special.

One of my favourite solo's from Matt here, great song all around.

So simple yet so effective

I absolutely adore sunburn. It was the first Muse song I heard (and I love the vid too!)

Matt actually said that he can't listen to the album version cause he sings slightly off-key in the first verse. I say that gives it character:phu:

My first too. Can't believe matt, what's wrong with him?

I absolutely adore sunburn. It was the first Muse song I heard (and I love the vid too!)

Matt actually said that he can't listen to the album version cause he sings slightly off-key in the first verse. I say that gives it character:phu:

Hmm, never noticed that. I agree though, I really like the vocal as a whole, whatever he did worked in his favor.

• 8 months later...
Interesting. I hadn't seen that before. Dom looks so different with a bit of weight on.

I love Sunburn. Would be very nice if they played it at Leeds or Reading...but I don't think they will.

They might. Could be one of the Showbiz songs if they are serious about R/L being "career-spanning" gigs.

Yeah, Sunburn is a good guess for a Showbiz song. They've played it several times during the tour, so it'd make sense.

It was one of the highlights of the gig I went to. It was great because even though it's one of their older songs, everyone really got into it and sung along. One of my favourites from Showbiz.

• 1 year later...
One more for Sunburn! One of the first Muse songs I learned how to play on the piano.

Kylee reminded me of this iMac/iTunes ad from a while back that used "Sunburn":

Yeah, I learnt it by ear and have since loved trying to play other muse stuff on the keyboard. :D I've heard it used all the time on BBC's golf coverage :LOL: when they show an update of the tournament leaderboard.

Does anyone else think Sunburn sounds a bit like a Bond theme? Vocal melodies, chords, I can't quite put my finger on why.

I like it, but I - for whatever reason that I can't quite put my finger on - ...I can play it perfectly on bass, but playing the last section (where Chris goes down an octave with the chorus riff) really bothers me. Like I said, I don't know why it does, because I can play it fine, but it just does. Maybe I find it boring. (That bass part, not the song.) 4/5.

Archived