"Musevangelists"

gocanux

I mean that's my mom she is not supposed to become slowly but surely obsessed with MUSE... I guess she could become Moroccan MuseMom... next step hooking her up on the message board... a lot of work I tell you! I am so planning this trip to the US... plus she's never been there before... My mom at a MUSE show ... I can't really picture it ... but she might suprise me... everytime I play a song she's like "I know it ! that's new born, unintended, tsp and so on ... " I 'm like " wow "...

Strong work, Yas! But what do you mean "that's my mom, she is not supposed to become ...obsessed with MUSE"?? Like there's something WRONG with moms obsessed with Muse? She's only human! So get her on the boards; Manuella and I were SOOOO computer-challenged when we started, and now we do just fine! And definitely plan on coming to the US for the next tour---you're always welcome at our place.

Thanks Mary! Well her first and only experience with a computer ended up with her calling me in the US - that was last year- saying something like " hey, it's mom I tried to check the email you sent - I had created her an email account so she would be able to see the pix I would send her- and then the computer started ' screaming' - yes that's new a computer screams!- so i turned everything off and ran away... I think I broke it!" ( everything said with a very anxious voice and super fast) ... since the computer at home 'screams', my mom doesnt wanna have anything to do with her fearing she might break it ... but I promise I am trying to hook her up! - already told her se was going to the US with me when Muse is on tour-

There is nothing wrong with Moms obsessed with Muse... but she should be more balanced and be like " Yas, thats not really sane to listen to the same music over and over again" ... now it's becoming more like "Mom, stop singing" - apparently TSP is in her head all day long when she listens to it once. sometimes, I hear her being like " and be my slave to the grave/ I'm the priest God never paid!" yes yes yes my mom singing Muse.

I told her about the message board and some stuff I read here such as parents complaining that the singing ruins everything and she was like " not at all I think it makes the piece better"... so I guess my mom has good taste in music ;)

It's ridiculous to think that some people have only have heard Absolution and believe themselves to be REAL fans. In relation to dude who likes Beethoven I totaly agree, but I prefer Bach. And don't telll the examinaton board but I used the theme for new born in my GCSE exam piece!! (and got full marks!!!!)

Cheers Matt!!

Last night, I exposed 400 people to Muse in a nightclub. This was a well planned operation - while my friend flirted with the DJ and got him to leave his spot, I changed the CD with a musemix. I think everyone liked it because they went on dancing and going crazy. Some people asked the DJ what music it was. Their reaction was good, but it can be that they were just too drunk to realise what was going on!?

Last night, I exposed 400 people to Muse in a nightclub. This was a well planned operation - while my friend flirted with the DJ and got him to leave his spot, I changed the CD with a musemix. I think everyone liked it because they went on dancing and going crazy. Some people asked the DJ what music it was. Their reaction was good, but it can be that they were just too drunk to realise what was going on!?

Excellent work, Z!!! And using the wing"man" to create a diversion is simply brill! I wonder how many you converted??

That's dedication right there!

What song did you play??

Tried another conversion last night, one of my husband's blues-fan hockey-playing friends. We were upstairs showing him our photo collages of the boys meeting the Canucks in years past, and in our office/guest room he couldn't help but notice my MuseWall. I have several autographed Muse photos, setlists, posters, and Ortal's and Maaike's drawings on the wall by my desk. Typical American, he says"Muse? Don't know them." So quicker than you can say Burned CD I made him a CD from one of my iTunes Muse mixes, with their most accessible stuff for the uninitiated. So now we'll have to see what he thinks of Muse. But my husband is a blues fan, and he is steadily turning into a bona fide Muser, so I'll keep trying!

Tried another conversion last night, one of my husband's blues-fan hockey-playing friends. We were upstairs showing him our photo collages of the boys meeting the Canucks in years past, and in our office/guest room he couldn't help but notice my MuseWall. I have several autographed Muse photos, setlists, posters, and Ortal's and Maaike's drawings on the wall by my desk. Typical American, he says"Muse? Don't know them." So quicker than you can say Burned CD I made him a CD from one of my iTunes Muse mixes, with their most accessible stuff for the uninitiated. So now we'll have to see what he thinks of Muse. But my husband is a blues fan, and he is steadily turning into a bona fide Muser, so I'll keep trying!

Good to see someone is still working.

I've been spreading the love :happy: My friend is forcing me to do the fashionshow on the yearly schoolfestival of my school here organizes. She's head of the fashion club and she was still looking for music to play. I saw a chance and grabbed it. I gave her hullabaloo (for the b-sides) and some other cd's of mine and added OoS for her to just listen to. The way it looks now they'll be playing both bliss and megalomania on the fashion show (weird choise, but I'm not complaining) That means over 300 people are going to be exposed to Muse. :D I'm borrowing her absolution tomorrow, just in case....

• 2 weeks later...
I've been spreading the love :happy: My friend is forcing me to do the fashionshow on the yearly schoolfestival of my school here organizes. She's head of the fashion club and she was still looking for music to play. I saw a chance and grabbed it. I gave her hullabaloo (for the b-sides) and some other cd's of mine and added OoS for her to just listen to. The way it looks now they'll be playing both bliss and megalomania on the fashion show (weird choise, but I'm not complaining) That means over 300 people are going to be exposed to Muse. :D I'm borrowing her absolution tomorrow, just in case....

When is the fashion show? You must tell us all about it, and if you made any converts!

When is the fashion show? You must tell us all about it, and if you made any converts!

It's next sunday. The reheasals were today. I doubt whether any converting will take place. They only use the intro's, so it's not really recognisable. But I'll keep my fingers crossed!

I have made another convert to the fold. One of the nurses in the day-surgery unit has very eclectic musical tastes, so I gave her a couple of burned Muse mix CD's. It took her about 6 mos to finally listen to them, but now she is hooked and asking when they will tour here next! One by one, one by one...

Our honours class went on a field trip yesterday, and nobody thought of taking any CD's with - except me. We listened to Muse all the way there and all the way back. Not everyone liked it, but a few wanted me to make them a copy - better then nothing!!!

Zel, you're amazing; strong work on the continuing conversions!

Hi,guys!I hope you're fine!I'm still alive! ;) I had a lot to study for my examinations and I worked hard in my lab,where I continued my Muse-Evangelisation.

I'm trying to convert to the Muse-passion a new entry in my lab. He's a young boy I've to teach all my knowledge to and I'm blasting him all the day with Muse albums and b-sides. I hold out!!!!

Kisses to all,expecially to my Musemums!

Italian Musedaughter

Hi,guys!I hope you're fine!I'm still alive! ;) I had a lot to study for my examinations and I worked hard in my lab,where I continued my Muse-Evangelisation.

I'm trying to convert to the Muse-passion a new entry in my lab. He's a young boy I've to teach all my knowledge to and I'm blasting him all the day with Muse albums and b-sides. I hold out!!!!

Italian Musedaughter

So nice hearing from you and that you are keeping well. That young boy is lucky to have you on both counts... :) Take good care. xoxo

I make it my daily goal to get another person hooked on muse. I try and hit the easily swayed obsessive personality people first LOL. Making strives in the fans of LOST community by featuring their music in fan vids etc. Making muse centric threads on their boards. My livejournal is muse centric while i pimp many different fandoms in hopes non-muse fans (or as i call them, "unenlightened ones,") will breakdown and take a listen. I've had quite a few people who i send mp3s to steadily.

As for offline--my friends are too sick of me shoving muse down their throats, so i'm trying a new approach of sit back and let them come to me. If they hear a song in my car and say they like it--I usually pull it out and give it to them (if it's just a burn). I listen to them on my ipod at work--let my co-workers listen. Burn cds for my co-workers. All i know, is when their march release comes out several hundred people can say "oh crazy laura told me about them." ;) -l

Italian Musedaughter

Caterina, so good to hear from you! I am sure you have been busy with your studies and exams; glad you haven't been too busy to convert a few of the "unenlightened ones" (to quote another poster here). Did you ever get the photos from our meeting in Roma that I emailed to you? I know I have had trouble in the past with that account. Must keep in better touch with ALL my MuseKids! (if all else fails and I am busy beyond belief, which has been the case a lot lately, look for me in the Loveboat MuseMoms thread).

Caterina, so good to hear from you! I am sure you have been busy with your studies and exams; glad you haven't been too busy to convert a few of the "unenlightened ones" (to quote another poster here). Did you ever get the photos from our meeting in Roma that I emailed to you? I know I have had trouble in the past with that account. Must keep in better touch with ALL my MuseKids! (if all else fails and I am busy beyond belief, which has been the case a lot lately, look for me in the Loveboat MuseMoms thread).

Dear musemum,I'm sorry,but I didn't receive our pictures!We have many problems every time for comunicating by e-mail!

A great.big,explosive kiss to you!

Cate

Archived