"Musevangelists"

gocanux

yes i usually talk to my friends about muse all the time. A lot of them haven't even heard of them before, but i'll burn them a CD and they really like.

A lot of people here don't know what they are, I was wearing my muse shirt to cricket and only 1 person in the whole team (before i filled them in) new what muse actually was. They all say "whats's muse?". Its really sad. Muse are a great tallented band and should be more well known.

yes i usually talk to my friends about muse all the time. A lot of them haven't even heard of them before, but i'll burn them a CD and they really like.

A lot of people here don't know what they are, I was wearing my muse shirt to cricket and only 1 person in the whole team (before i filled them in) new what muse actually was. They all say "whats's muse?". Its really sad. Muse are a great tallented band and should be more well known.

I'm kinda surprised that Muse aren't any better known in Australia than here in the US. Only one person has ever commented on my Muse tee here. And I only saw one on our Europe trip this summer, in Piazza Navona, Roma. My kids wouldn't let me get up from my dinner and go talk to that Muser....

speaking of your kids

i'm actually one of them. hahaha

just thought i'd check in on the boards and see how everyone was doing

i got to spend like 2 hours tonight asking everyone for their damn cell numbers again so i could put them back onto my phone cause i got a new SIM card. ugh

+ i have an online friend in australia whos totally a muse fan, so there?

speaking of your kids

i'm actually one of them. hahaha

just thought i'd check in on the boards and see how everyone was doing

i got to spend like 2 hours tonight asking everyone for their damn cell numbers again so i could put them back onto my phone cause i got a new SIM card. ugh

+ i have an online friend in australia whos totally a muse fan, so there?

For some odd reason both Brian and I are having bad cell phone and iPod/iTunes karma, at the same time 2 states apart. Hope the electronic gods are with us from now on.

B---Was the Aussie friend a Muser before you met him/her? Or was it another successful conversion?

Good to see you back, kiddo ---the UMB resurfaces for the 6-month Austin Crew commemorative!

i was at a wedding reception and i heard the band that was downstairs playing TIRO and so my friend and i booked it down there to hear the last 2/3s of it. i then convinced the bass player to "do your best wolstenholme" and play hysteria....

it worked... so for all i know all the other bar patrons fell in love with the song and rushed home to buy muse. :D

i was at a wedding reception and i heard the band that was downstairs playing TIRO and so my friend and i booked it down there to hear the last 2/3s of it. i then convinced the bass player to "do your best wolstenholme" and play hysteria....

it worked... so for all i know all the other bar patrons fell in love with the song and rushed home to buy muse. :D

Strong work as always, MuseDaughter!

I'm kinda surprised that Muse aren't any better known in Australia than here in the US. Only one person has ever commented on my Muse tee here. And I only saw one on our Europe trip this summer, in Piazza Navona, Roma. My kids wouldn't let me get up from my dinner and go talk to that Muser....

Yeah it sort of sucks that not many people know who Muse are but their concerts do sell out quickly. So we must have a hidden group of fans. Every now and then someone will comment on my Muse shirt and I've managed to get a few friends interested in their music. Luckily there's the Oz thread in which to share my obsession with fellow Aussie Musers. :happy:

I had a nice chat at the gym last night with the rock music critic for our local newspaper. So of course I talked up Muse, and told him about the DVD, so hopefully there will be some good press here.

He told me a funny story, that he was at Paul McCartney's book signing last week in Seattle (Paul has written a children's book; everybody's doing it these days) and was the only one to notice that one of the dads there with his little ones was Eddie Vedder!

Working on converting some of my younger son's friends, the 15-16 year olds---just the demographic the record companies want. I played my iPod on shuffle via the car speakers for 2 hrs each way to/from Colin's game yesterday, and so they heard liberal amounts of Muse. I'm sure the songs have crept into their subconscious minds....

a friend of mine and i went out the other night and he picked me up, and had an ipod. he told me to pick something, so i shuffle through and notice NO MUSE. so what do i do, tell him he has to come down to cape so he can upload all of my music, including muse...

he's pretty excited about it. :)

Guest Puppetmaster

Okay so there's a total of 8 Americans over here. One of them has already heard Muse, one of them has my Showbiz and OoS, one has my Absolution and one is about to be Muse-attacked by me as soon as get my stuff back from the other two. :rolleyes::happy:

Okay so there's a total of 8 Americans over here. One of them has already heard Muse, one of them has my Showbiz and OoS, one has my Absolution and one is about to be Muse-attacked by me as soon as get my stuff back from the other two. :rolleyes::happy:

MuseAttacked: I like it! Go for it, Layla!

• 3 weeks later...

I guess we're all too busy with Christmas shopping to do any proper conversions; the new DVD should take care of that!

But I made a conversion of sorts: my new dog Bonnie! She was all nervous and whiny on the way to the vet (how do they KNOW?) and my usual mix of AFI/Mad Caddies/Alkaline Trio/Bad Religion etc wasn't helping. But then Sing For Absolution came on and she settled right down and rested peacefully. So now even my DOG likes Muse!

Wonder how many Nic's (*) review in his high school paper will convert?:

"Though Muse has been popular in Britain since 1999, it was only after the release of their third lp “Absolution” in 2003 that they had breakthrough success in America. It featured songs centered around guitar and piano with excellent bass and amazing drumming. In 2004 they toured the US extensively and just this year they toured with MtvU for which they were awarded with the “International Woodie” at the Roseland Ballroom in NYC. Origin of Symmetry was their second album, was originally released in Britain in 2001 but in America only this September. The opener, “Newborn” starts off with a piano melody and it erupts into an amazing bass and guitar riff; “Citizen Erased”, a superb album track which illustrates just how beautifully Bellamy's musical reach can extend is a strictly drum and bass song with a piano outro; “Plug in baby” features a fantastic lead guitar intro; “Space Dementia” trades guitar in for piano and sounds amazing; and “Bliss” showcases an inventive use of the keyboard that enhances the song. The centerpiece of this band is singer Matt Bellamy’s voice which can go from a low growl to a rising falsetto in seconds. In addition to singing, he plays the piano and guitar and is joined by Chris Wolstenholme on the bass and Dominic Howard on the drums. It’s better that you listen to "Absolution” first, as it’s more accessible. However, if you like it, you definitely should check out “Origin of Symmetry”, Muse’s equally great but overlooked second album."

*son of MuseMom Manuella/ocean5

I dropped my newlywed sister of at the airport this morning (honeymoon), and a guy there had a Muse t-shirt on. I couldn't help myself and we started a conversation about Muse (ofcourse), and we talked about everything relating to Muse for more then an hour. In the end he was late for his flight, but at least we both made a new friend. Muse pops up in the most unexpected places.

When we got home after my sister's wedding yesterday, they had broken into our house and stole just about everything they could carry. Lucky for me, they had really bad taste in music and were kind enough not to take my Muse CD's - they took most of the rest of my collection :(

I dropped my newlywed sister of at the airport this morning (honeymoon), and a guy there had a Muse t-shirt on. I couldn't help myself and we started a conversation about Muse (ofcourse), and we talked about everything relating to Muse for more then an hour. In the end he was late for his flight, but at least we both made a new friend. Muse pops up in the most unexpected places.

When we got home after my sister's wedding yesterday, they had broken into our house and stole just about everything they could carry. Lucky for me, they had really bad taste in music and were kind enough not to take my Muse CD's - they took most of the rest of my collection :(

:eek: what bastards!

Zel, that's horrible that you were robbed!!! Any luck with the police getting back your stuff? It seems that there are more home robberies at the holidays, people are away at parties, etc, and people become more desperate. I hope they get your stuff back! Try to have a lovely holiday anyway; at least they didn't get your Muse!

Archived