Assuming that somehow, somewhere, information on this board is related back to the band I thought I'd start a thread for folk to add their comments/names to politely request some more concert dates in the forthcoming tour!

As we know (all too painfully), all the tickets were sold out within seconds of going on sale practically, and yet thousands are available on numerous sites around the internet for vastly inflated prices (minimum of double price going up to ridiculous prices like £200 for a standing ticket!).

We also know that a couple of years ago Muse sold out Wembley 2 nights in a row (must have been around 160,000 tickets, so having a total of 90,000 tickets available for a 7 night arena tour was always going to be too few.

Personally, I'd like to see Muse take the lead in trying to get around ticket touts by having some sort of fan registration (doesn't have to be paid - could register for free) where tickets could be made available to true fans prior to going onsale to the general public, since, particularly in the UK, the public have been getting ripped off by touts for years and buying a ticket for any popular event has turned into everyone's worst nightmare.

I am not sure of how a registration could effectively get around the touts (i.e. how it could stop them from simply registering also). Feel free to post ideas here too. Perhaps have some sort of voluntary ID check as part of the registration process so that individual fans can be given the chance to claim a pair of tickets and not allow block sales of tickets until the public sale... Or maybe a pre-registration period prior to tours where fans can register their interest which would in turn give the band an idea of how many tickets they are likely to sell which may help with the tour planning etc... who knows.. I'm sure some of you will have better ideas than me!

So who wants more dates on the tour???: (add names/log ins and prefered locations here!)

deeko1973 +1 (Glasgow)

I think every ticket should have the name of the buyer on it. And if you bought tickets for, say, 4 people, you should be there personaly to identify yourself.

And if you're unable to come to the gig, you could change your ticket and resell it via the official site.

Like the one in Monty Python And The Holy Grail? :p

Seriously though you're probably too young to remember Monty Python.;)

Excuse me I know the very rabbit you are referring too. I do like that rabbit

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries! :phu:

anyticket.com, anyworldwideevent.com, bookmetickets.com, britishconcerts.com, clickfortickets.co.uk, coasttocoasttickets.com, craigslist.org, double8tickets.com, Ebay, euroteam.net, Euroteam.net, euroticketfinder.co.uk, everysell.com, exciteticket.com, frontrowtickets.com, Getmein.com, getmetickets.com, getmetickets.net, getmetickets.org, gotickets.com, gumtree.com, hertsboxoffice.co.uk, londonticketbrokers.co.uk, londonticketmarket.com, londonticketsexpress.com, londonticketshop.co.uk, londonticketshop.com, luckyseventickets.com, mostwantedtickets.co.uk, no1eventsltd.co.uk, no1soldoutevents.com, onlineseats.com, paperticket.co.uk, play.com, premierevents.co.uk, redcircletickets.com, seatexchange.co.uk, seatwave.com, showtimetickets.co.uk, sohotickets.com, soldoutentertainments.com, soldouteventtickets.com, SOS Masterticket, SOS Ticketmaster, sostickets.com, splendidtickets.com, sportscityevents.com, stubhub.com, summerfestivaltickets.com, theonlineticketshop.com, threechings.com, Ticket2ride.net, tickco.com, ticket2bethere.co.uk, ticket4-you.com, tickethold.com, ticketluck.com, ticketnest.net, ticketnetwork.com, ticketnova.com, ticketsinventory.com, ticketsnow.com, ticketsolutions.co.uk, ticketsolutionsltd.com, ticketssoldout.co.uk, ticketssoldout.net, ticketstub.com, ticketsukltd.com, tickettout.com, tickettriangle.com, tickex.com, TixDaq.com, totaltickets.co.uk, warnfestivals.co.uk, westminsterevents.com, worldticketshop.com, xclusiveticket.com

This is a list of well known websites that claim to have tickets, and are not issued with official tickets!

anyticket.com, anyworldwideevent.com, bookmetickets.com, britishconcerts.com, clickfortickets.co.uk, coasttocoasttickets.com, craigslist.org, double8tickets.com, Ebay, euroteam.net, Euroteam.net, euroticketfinder.co.uk, everysell.com, exciteticket.com, frontrowtickets.com, Getmein.com, getmetickets.com, getmetickets.net, getmetickets.org, gotickets.com, gumtree.com, hertsboxoffice.co.uk, londonticketbrokers.co.uk, londonticketmarket.com, londonticketsexpress.com, londonticketshop.co.uk, londonticketshop.com, luckyseventickets.com, mostwantedtickets.co.uk, no1eventsltd.co.uk, no1soldoutevents.com, onlineseats.com, paperticket.co.uk, play.com, premierevents.co.uk, redcircletickets.com, seatexchange.co.uk, seatwave.com, showtimetickets.co.uk, sohotickets.com, soldoutentertainments.com, soldouteventtickets.com, SOS Masterticket, SOS Ticketmaster, sostickets.com, splendidtickets.com, sportscityevents.com, stubhub.com, summerfestivaltickets.com, theonlineticketshop.com, threechings.com, Ticket2ride.net, tickco.com, ticket2bethere.co.uk, ticket4-you.com, tickethold.com, ticketluck.com, ticketnest.net, ticketnetwork.com, ticketnova.com, ticketsinventory.com, ticketsnow.com, ticketsolutions.co.uk, ticketsolutionsltd.com, ticketssoldout.co.uk, ticketssoldout.net, ticketstub.com, ticketsukltd.com, tickettout.com, tickettriangle.com, tickex.com, TixDaq.com, totaltickets.co.uk, warnfestivals.co.uk, westminsterevents.com, worldticketshop.com, xclusiveticket.com

This is a list of well known websites that claim to have tickets, and are not issued with official tickets!

:(

tickets

tickets

tickets

The buyer alone cannot prevent touting. its up to ticket providers with the support of the buyers.

I'd say making resale of ticket above retail illegal would be a start.

resale should only occur on registered sites and for retail prices.

another idea would be to make each ticket unique by placing names and addresses on them.

the only counter arguement would be that this prevents people getting in quickly when doors open, but if venues dedicated a large team of emploies to check que before doors open this should make the process alot more swift, as lots of people que early for good spots in the crowd.

there are plenty of holes in this system buy i think i better than allowing touts to continue.

ticket providers arn't bothered by the scandal, they still get their sold out concerts and all their money.

someone on here said print a picture of the buyer on the tickets

or something like that...

i dunno..

something has to be done though... it's gonna start getting ridiculous like touts buying ALL the tickets or getting programmes to block fans buying tickets online..

:mad:

i have no tickets thanks to those little twats..