Did anyone receive this email today? I have two tickets for Thursday and Friday. Ticketmaster have no idea why I received it and cannot confirm if my tickets have been cancelled as all looks OK on the system. So I'm wondering if anyone had this too and found out anymore information:

Dear Ticketmaster Customer,

This is a notification from Ticketmaster with regards to your bookings for Muse at the O2, taking place on Thursday 12 November and Friday 13 November 2009.

It has come to our attention that you have exceeded the ticket limit for this event. As stated at the time of booking, there is a strict ticket limit of 4 tickets across both dates, which is per person and per credit/debit card. Therefore, we have cancelled the excess tickets from your bookings. To check which tickets have been cancelled, please log into your My Ticketmaster account and check your Order History.

If you require any further assistance, please contact us on the following link: http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/h/customer_serve.html

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Kind Regards

Ticketmaster Customer Service Department

I recommend you phone or email them to enquire as to why you received the email and if there are any problems. Seems to be okay as they say they only cancelled the "excess" tickets which you never even ordered, but it's better safe than sorry.

Merging with the stickied tickets thread, you may get some more help there.

Just a quick thread to let you know what happened to me during buying my pre-sale tickets.

I bought tickets for the NIA during the pre-sale. During this transaction through the web site my Debit card details were somehow retrieved by a third party. I then found out that someone had been trying to make purchases online with my account details.

Just thought i would let you all know in case it could have happened to you.

Also I bought seated tickets but i wasnt told the seat number. Is this the same with everyone else who purchased seated tickets?

Just a quick thread to let you know what happened to me during buying my pre-sale tickets.

I bought tickets for the NIA during the pre-sale. During this transaction through the web site my Debit card details were somehow retrieved by a third party. I then found out that someone had been trying to make purchases online with my account details.

Just thought i would let you all know in case it could have happened to you.

Also I bought seated tickets but i wasnt told the seat number. Is this the same with everyone else who purchased seated tickets?

Are you certain the card details were obtained at that time? How do you know? Have you checked your pc for viruses etc? Where else was the card used recently?

Just an update: Ticketmaster rang to say all was OK with my order and the email was sent in error. So if any here have had the same email there's hope. And for those who didn't get tickets all those who did order for than four will have to return theirs so extra tickets may go on sale? Good luck everyone.

As a further example as to why buying from touts is not a great idea, take the current events surrounding Michael Jackson.

If you'd bought from touts at an inflated price, you're pretty much never going to get your money back in the case of cancelled events.

You might be lucky and get the face value back from the ticket office, if they don't ask you to provide a receipt from an authorised ticket seller. That's about the best you can hope for.

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke to a tout company earlier who said that they bought sixty standing tickets for the Friday O2 date. Muse seriously need to do something about this.

I don't have tickets for this tour and I'm gutted, and it pisses me off to know that these companies can get away with buying so many. :(

I spoke to a tout company earlier who said that they bought sixty standing tickets for the Friday O2 date. Muse seriously need to do something about this.

I don't have tickets for this tour and I'm gutted, and it pisses me off to know that these companies can get away with buying so many. :(

That is just so wrong. :indiff:

Hi guys. I see some good tickets on Musebay, but the person doesn't look like they've made a lot of posts. It says to investigate them- what would be good things to ask?

a good one is asking how they've become available

Next time I see a tout I'll punch him/her in the face :|

I just want to take a couple of minutes of your time to stress the importance of only buying from recognised trusted sites and organisations when purchasing tickets.

Here's a little story that you MUST READ:

When Muse announced their tour dates, I went on Google and typed in "Muse Tickets". The first "sponsored" link that showed up all highlighted in yellow was would you know it museboxoffice.com. So, I clicked on it, surfed the site a little bit, and just because the site was bearing the Muse Logo and seemed to know a lot about the band I thought to myself 'This looks neat, and they have plenty of tickets left', and I purchased two tickets. One for me and one for a friend. I even got an official-looking email that confirmed my payment.

Three days later I did the usual check-the-old-bank-statement-to-see-if-they've-taken-the-money. They had, and £85 was taken from my account and upon seeing this I then posted a happy message on my Facebook "I'm going to see MUSE, Nov 5th!"

Alas, that was not to be, because when I logged onto here and saw the topic title "Advice on Tickets and Touting/Scalping", I clicked on just out of interest. That was when I was disgusted to see that museboxoffice.com was listed as a fake company.

The first thing I did, then, was I called my bank and told them about what happened. I told them that I have enough evidence that suggests this is a fake ticket supplier. The bank then said that they would investigate and by all means reimburse me my money. Great. Sorted. End of story, except I won't be seeing Muse this year.

However, when I thought that was done, two weeks ago, which would be about three weeks since I placed the order for the tickets a transaction for nearly £120 was taken from my account. (Keep in mind that I paid about £85 for tickets already.) The £120 was a transaction made in Hungary.

So, I called the bank to ask them if there had been a mistake of some kind and to confirm what I was seeing. Indeed, nearly £120 had been taken from my account. Between me and the bank rep. we filed the case as fraud and it is currenly being dealt with and they are looking to compensate me.

A fellow Muser has informed me that museboxoffice.com are based in Hungary. They at least have servers there, anyway. The £85 that was debited from my account was taken out in Texas, US.

When I told my mother all of this she said to me that I am lucky those bastards didn't drain out all of my savings.

This story was meant to highlight the themes this thread was created for. ALWAYS CHECK THAT YOU ARE PURCHASING FROM LEGITIMATE SITES. Whether it be tickets or anything else CHECK IT'S LEGIT.. PLEASE.

Learn from this. I know I have! :rolleyes:

------

There is light at the end of the tunnel, though. After I wrote this I casually checked my account and my £120 is back, plus the £85 and the Halifax Fraud unit are looking into this case.

There is light at the end of the tunnel, though. After I wrote this I casually checked my account and my £120 is back, plus the £85 and the Halifax Fraud unit are looking into this case.

That's awful, must've given you quite a scare! But I'm glad you're getting it sorted out. :)

Mark these words people!

• 2 weeks later...

I've visited museboxoffice.com...

If you want to laugh a bit:

Ticket Terms & Conditions

We are an independent ticket agency not affiliated in any way with Muse or their promoters or record company. Muse tickets are souvenir tickets and as such will be released approximately 1-2 weeks before the concert. We reserve the right to make the tickets available for collection at the venue on the night of the concert. Once the tickets have been received please check them upon delivery as mistakes cannot be rectified at a later date. Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded, except in the event of the show being cancelled, in which case only the face value of the tickets may be refunded. Our prices may vary compared to the original face value of the ticket. We reserve the right to cancel any booking and refund the payment in full; we cannot be held responsible for any other expenses related to the booking. We reserve the right to upgrade or downgrade the seat location upon refund of the difference in price. Under no circumstances can any tickets be duplicated. By making a purchase from us you are agreeing that you have read, understood and are adhering to the terms and conditions set out above.

Due to the late release of tickets, if you are an international customer or the event is taking place outside the United Kingdom, we may have to request a local resident, business, or hotel address. It is your responsibility to notify the local address occupants of the scheduled delivery. For hotel delivery, this would be the front desk or concierge. For business delivery, this would be reception or a representative of the business.

Due to the nature of our business and the fact that we cannot control the acts or omissions of third parties, we make no warranty, and specifically disclaim any liability, for any goods or services provided by third parties which are incidental to, ancillary to or consequent on your use of our services. Further, you agree to waive any liability against us for the actions, whether negligent or intentional, of any third parties, for whom you acknowledge we only act as agent for. We agree to act only as your agent and you agree to accept all liability associated with the payment, delivery cost or misuse of any services or goods provided as a result of your use of our services and you agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless against any and all damages, awards, penalties, or other liabilities of any nature whether the result of your intentional acts or omissions or negligence.

Errors and Omissions: We hereby confirm that we take no responsibility for any errors on this website during the booking process.

And what about that website:

http://www.worldticketshop.fr/concerts/billets_muse/50745_muse_rotterdam

Rotterdam is just an example, but they still have tickets for every 09 Muse gigs, and they sell them 3 times the original price...a kind of open black market for tickets...

I'm shocked...and digusted because I couldn't buy one for the Paris one...160€ 1 ticket on this website + 25€ for shipping (as if the stamp was that expensive...)

Is there anything that Muse could do against that kind of business?

Edited by X-oR

even if it's selling real tickets...it's still outrageous to see what business they are in...it's not worthing better than ebay sellers...even if I understand that you want to go to a gig, you should not encourage that. And I wonder if it's still legal...what does muse think about that? Are there an certain number of tickets that are always booked in advance for this kind of website?

Last thing...the tickets they sell doesn't worth at all to buy it...I was at Paris (Parc des princes) very far away from the scene...and it was a waste of time to be so far from the band...I'd rather not go to a gig than do that again.