Hi everyone,

I have been desperately looking for tickets for ages now but at a reasonable price. Ebay is obviously very expensive and i'm not having much luck on musebay or gumtree.

Has anyone heard of this site?

Removed Link. (Dont trust it)

They are selling them for face value near enough, not sure whether to risk it tho... :-s

Any advise would be very appreciated!!

Thanks

Steph

Edited by Olly.

Hi everyone,

I have been desperately looking for tickets for ages now but at a reasonable price. Ebay is obviously very expensive and i'm not having much luck on musebay or gumtree.

Has anyone heard of this site?

They are selling them for face value near enough, not sure whether to risk it tho... :-s

Any advise would be very appreciated!!

Thanks

Steph

Dodgy as hell, I wouldn't trust any ticket site unless it's a major official ticket site. The fact that they offer Paypal as a payment method marks them down as a cowboy company.

There are tickets still available from http://www.gigsandtours.com so go there and get them at face value, rather than potentially risking your money on these dodgy sites.

Dodgy as hell, I wouldn't trust any ticket site unless it's a major official ticket site. The fact that they offer Paypal as a payment method marks them down as a cowboy company.

There are tickets still available from http://www.gigsandtours.com so go there and get them at face value, rather than potentially risking your money on these dodgy sites.

The only tickets available at gigsandtours are the Devon gigs and i'm getting married this weekend so that's a no go for me, unless i was to leave early which i'm sure would please my fiancee ;)

Can i ask why paypal would be a problem? I thought that was quite a safe method of payment?

The only tickets available at gigsandtours are the Devon gigs and i'm getting married this weekend so that's a no go for me, unless i was to leave early which i'm sure would please my fiancee ;)

Can i ask why paypal would be a problem? I thought that was quite a safe method of payment?

It's the only method and it's an instant transaction, they can take your payment and boot.

Most reputable sellers of tickets have their own payment systems set up, the reason sites like that one use paypal is because it's cheaper and easier to set up than a full-blown internet payment system. Makes it easier to set up, get a few orders then fuck off without trace.

Try looking through http://www.scarletmist.com every now and then tickets will appear, and at face value. It's basically a fan-to-fan ticket service so you'd be paying the person selling the ticket directly by whichever method you agree on.

But DO NOT under any circumstance go through any site that is not an officially accepted ticket seller. You only need to look through most of the terms and conditions of these sites to see why. Mostly they offer SOUVENIR tickets - so you may not get them in time, or they may not be real, or other things. If you can't get tickets, then it's best to just hold your hands up and admit defeat. Of course you can go to a venue on a night you want to see a band, and about 5 minutes after the main gig has started you can get tickets dirt cheap off the touts who at that point just want rid...you'll miss a couple of songs but it's worth it for the savings.

Aside from it being popular with less reputable types because it's quick and easy to set up and there's no real way to trace the person you are paying to. There's also little protection on your side if things fall through, especially if you use your bank account (paypal's preferred funding method), a debit card or paypal funds.

P.S. Still more Teignmouth tickets available from the official sites like seetickets, at face value! (collection at box office only now though).

Hey was gutted to miss out on muse tickets earlier, so in desperation went searching the internet for other websites in the hope i could get some tickets. i came across museboxoffice.com . now from reading this topic, im kinda feeling worried. can someone please tell me if i have just been ripped off and lost £170 ? and if so is there anything i can do about it? thanks.

I am in exactly the same position as you-I feel sick. Did your card statement show up with Budapest Hungary as the recipient of money?

I am in exactly the same position as you-I feel sick. Did your card statement show up with Budapest Hungary as the recipient of money?

i'm in the exact same situation as you are, were yuo able to get your money back from the bank or anything, because it is counted as fraud.

and i have reported this site to my broadband provider and the windows explorer team, but even if it does get closed down they can quickly just make up another website name and do it all over again :mad:

Okay, so here goes my super sad story.

When the pre-sale and general release sale happened I literally didn't have enough money in my account to pay for a ticket - it genuinely would have made me bankrupt. By the time I was paid weeks later, all the tickets were gone.

I will probably die (okay, maybe not but I will definitely be ridiculously upset) if I can't get to see them so I've been scouting around various websites.

I recently discovered this one:

http://www.getmein.com/

and I wondered if it's legit (it looks decent enough).

I can afford over spending on the ticket, but I really cannot afford to lose my monies!

Help please - any experience?

Cheers! ^___^

P.S I bought off eBay about 4 years ago for Earls Court and that worked out but I've had bad experiences since that have put me off...

http://www.scarletmist.co.uk :).

Keep checking there on an hourly basis and sign up for email alerts for the Muse show you want to go to, something will crop up - there's at least a month and a half to go yet! Keep an eye on Musebay too at the top of this page.

Try at all costs to avoid using eBay, Getmein, Seatwave, etc - all you're doing is contributing to what is effectively legalised touting (scalping). If we all stop doing it, it'll go away.

Good luck.

I think that's the ticketmaster site? I'm sure I've sold spares on there before (not Muse ones :$ ) and from what I remember you're fairly safe as your money goes to Ticketmaster who then pay the seller, and they do check up to make sure you've received your tickets.

Perhaps someone will have a horror story to tell, but from my (very poor) memory of selling on the site it was good plus no awful ebay or paypal fees to pay. Good times :LOL:

Edit - Clunge makes a good point about avoiding using the site, and I couldn't agree more. In times of desperation as a buyer it may be your last chance, but there shouldn't be a need for the site in the first place :(

I did sell there a while back (I just checked) and it was good for a last minute sale.I know that I am trustworthy but unlike ebay you can't check the seller's feedback :erm:

Edited by filbertfoxx

http://www.scarletmist.co.uk :).

Keep checking there on an hourly basis and sign up for email alerts for the Muse show you want to go to, something will crop up - there's at least a month and a half to go yet! Keep an eye on Musebay too at the top of this page.

Try at all costs to avoid using eBay, Getmein, Seatwave, etc - all you're doing is contributing to what is effectively legalised touting (scalping). If we all stop doing it, it'll go away.

Good luck.

Eeeek! That's what I was afraid of! But thanks for the tips!

I was considering just turning up outside the venue on the day. Would that work...?

I think that's the ticketmaster site? I'm sure I've sold spares on there before (not Muse ones :$ ) and from what I remember you're fairly safe as your money goes to Ticketmaster who then pay the seller, and they do check up to make sure you've received your tickets.

Perhaps someone will have a horror story to tell, but from my (very poor) memory of selling on the site it was all good plus no awful ebay or paypal fees to pay. Good times :LOL:

Yeah, I read the FAQs that said they don't get paid until I get the tickets so I thought it might be okay...

Okay, so here goes my super sad story.

When the pre-sale and general release sale happened I literally didn't have enough money in my account to pay for a ticket - it genuinely would have made me bankrupt. By the time I was paid weeks later, all the tickets were gone.

I will probably die (okay, maybe not but I will definitely be ridiculously upset) if I can't get to see them so I've been scouting around various websites.

I recently discovered this one:

http://www.getmein.com/

and I wondered if it's legit (it looks decent enough).

I can afford over spending on the ticket, but I really cannot afford to lose my monies!

Help please - any experience?

Cheers! ^___^

P.S I bought off eBay about 4 years ago for Earls Court and that worked out but I've had bad experiences since that have put me off...

Please don't overspend on the ticket. :(

I'm sorry for the (quite bad) first post, as it's quite needy, however...

I'm wondering whether any more tickets will be released or anything, as i'd rather not overspend and fund ticket touts, but i'd really, really like to see Muse this year.

Sadly, like others, I couldn't afford it at the time, however when I could, tickets had sold out.

Thanks in advance,

Jason :)