Of course you could say that a lot of the tickets sold on Ebay aren't being offered at above face value. In those cases it's the buyers that set the price not the sellers.

Still wrong. Still touting. They could do Buy It Now, but they don't. There's no excuses, asking for more than face value is still touting, no matter how you dress it up.

exactly! unless there is a law put in place or a better ticketing system then there will always be a demand for tickets from the scummy touts. it's not hard to grasp at all that if people didn't use touts then they wouldn't exist, but that's never going to happen is it unless things change. there's no point trying to guilt trip people into to not buying from them by saying stupid things like "you're not a muse fan or a fan of live music if you buy a ticket from a tout" because until something changes for buying tickets the touts will always be able to sell them on.

the only time i've ever had a problem getting a ticket for anything was for this tour. i managed to get my mum a seated ticket for the 02 13th date, but couldn't get myself a ticket, so i resorted to a tout for the first time ever (and hopefully the last).

lets just hope that muse have heard/read about the shit that's happened with this tour where a lot of their fans couldn't get a single ticket to come and see them and they change the ticket system next time they release tickets (and judging from dom's blog post maybe they will do something next time).

There is a point. The point is to try everything we can to stop this touting business! Anyway, we're not going to agree.

Yeah Dom's blog is promising. I hope they've read everything in this thread, anyway. Let's hope they'll come up with a solution so that nobody will feel the need to resort to using touts next time.

Edited by Gemsy

that's why they want you to pay within hours... so then can relist if it was fun... doesn't do enough damage...

you better buy of them. Pay with paypal and when you got your Tickets (ATTENTION!!! you only have 30-60 days insured transfer - don't buy now because the time you'd receive the tickets you can't do anything if they dont send) claim on paypal to have received an empty letter... Have fun with your free tickets...

DEADSTAR;5959068']that's why they want you to pay within hours... so then can relist if it was fun... doesn't do enough damage...

you better buy of them. Pay with paypal and when you got your Tickets (ATTENTION!!! you only have 30-60 days insured transfer - don't buy now because the time you'd receive the tickets you can't do anything if they dont send) claim on paypal to have received an empty letter... Have fun with your free tickets...

haha yeah and then sell them at face value to a genuine fan who was unable to get a ticket

I just subscribed to this forum after the frustration of not being able to get Muse tickets for the Rotterdam concert in Ahoy. I have been able to see the tickets I was looking for on livenation.nl.... but everytime I tried to proceed I was getting an error: I am sorry but in my opinion (I work in IT) the livenation.nl website is really bad!!! And then you call to the phone (paying a lot) and you receive the message all line are busy...

I didn't know that there was a pre-sale started a couple of days ago: anyway there could be way to prevent this to happen (nominal tickets for ticket sold on internet?)

Well... now we are considering getting a couple of tickets for a concert somewhere else... or eventually going in front to the concert the day and buy it from those 'bad' people (how can you say don't buy from them... don't buy from ebay? etc...) There will be always someone... the ticket I was chasing to go to the final France - Italy (I am italian) of the world championship 2006 was sold to a japanise!!!!

Cia

im a newbie on this forum and dont mind admitting it. have posted a few opinions regarding tickets and touts . take everyones advice, keep an eye on musebay. i did just that .as the old saying go`s it will allways come to those that wait ! and it did. a genuine muse fan with tickets for sale. now my wife and i are happy bunnies !!

I've come to the conclusion that the only way to avoid touting would be for the government to make all selling above face value illegal and then enforce it. It wouldn't be that hard I think. After all, most of these tix get sold online and it's easy enough to ban adverts for overpriced tickets. Outside venues a quick sweep by police to arrest touts and check for fake tickets would soon stop them waiting there.

Maybe a petition on the No 10 website?

No it's not. I would never do it, sorry. My sister got a bollocking from me recenty for buying Morrissey tickets for £150 each. She said, "Well it was the only place left that had any" and I had to explain. This is the people touts rely on, this sort of naivete. Seasoned gig goers shouldn't fall for it! She never buys tickets for gigs so didn't know better. We DO know better, and we shouldn't support it.

Besides, think of it as if someone's mugged you, as essentially these guys have ripped you off. Yes you may get in to see the band and you may be desperate enough to pay the money, but it's not far off stealing to get what you want in my opinion. None of the extra money you pay is going to the band. It's going to fund the tout's new Beamer or drug habit. Though the touts these days are organised groups (gangs if you like) and likely the individual tout only gets a small cut, and the rest goes to the guys organising it, and who knows if they are legit or maybe a criminal gang. You could be funding terrorism! ;) (to use a cliché the government loves).

im a newbie on this forum and dont mind admitting it. have posted a few opinions regarding tickets and touts . take everyones advice, keep an eye on musebay. i did just that .as the old saying go`s it will allways come to those that wait ! and it did. a genuine muse fan with tickets for sale. now my wife and i are happy bunnies !!

*hugs you*

That's what it's all about!

Still wrong. Still touting. They could do Buy It Now, but they don't. There's no excuses, asking for more than face value is still touting, no matter how you dress it up.

Oh they do use the Buy It Now option... Buy it Now £300 for 2 tickets!!! Piss me off to see that when I read about people here who couldn't get any tickets. :mad:

Yeah Dom's blog is promising. I hope they've read everything in this thread, anyway. Let's hope they'll come up with a solution so that nobody will feel the need to resort to using touts next time.

Yeah it's nice to see that they are acknowledging the problem and I hope they come up with a better system but let's face it nothing is 100% full proof and there'll always be scums to find a loophole and exploit the system and fans for money.

Yes if nobody used them the touts would go out of business but there will always be people ready to cave in and fork the money.

Seatwave is a legit fan to fan ticket selling service and is used by touts' date=' but their policies ensure that all tickets are trustworthy.[/quote']

i know it legit but i'm still bricking it because i've got less chance bcuz the tickets at this stage are virtual

Hello everyone,

I want to write about Muse tickets and the black market. Indeed, the Bercy gig was sold out in a day. There are already tickets on ebay for 100 euros, so you can guess what they will worth later.

So here in France, the government makes laws about downloading and hacking, because the disc industry is supposed to be in crisis (oh yeah, we all know that Warner employees are begging in the streets). I do not support illegal downloading, but I think that the reselling of gig tickets is far worse. I intended the previous Bercy gig, and I paid 90 euros instead of 45 because the gig was sold out. I'm sick of it! There are websites that sell named tickets, and that may be the solution. Some people live from reselling illegaly tickets. And I've always thought that Muse gigs are cheap, compare to some other gigs that are expensive and plus with poor visual effects.

I bought tickets for the Lievin gig, because I live not far from it, but I would have loved to go back to Bercy because in France, it's a mythic place, but I can't because some can buy dozens of tickets. Just think about it, they buy CAT2 tickets for 46 euros. Then, let's suppose they manage to resell 20 tickets for 100 euros (we all know it's easy with Muse tickets), and they earn 1080 euros out of it and they're not even due to pay taxes!!! 1080 euros is about the minimum wage in France.

So I'd like to know what you think about it, and what the Muse staff think about what could be done against these resellers.

Thank you for your consideration

thanks for redirecting

I don't know about UK laws but read this:

En France, la loi du 27 Juin 1919 interdit la revente de billets au-dessus de leur valeur faciale (prix imprimé sur le recto).

In France, the June 27th of 1919 law forbids the reselling of tickets to a higher price than its face value (price printed on the ticket)

Edited by Ipsum

i've signed :D.

touting pisses me off, since i'm only 15 and at school when tickets go on sale my friends dad offered to get us some, but couldn't. so were both now looking here on musebay, and unfortunately we are using ebay. we've both vowed not to spend over £50 but its just ridiculous considering prices are sky high. and considering i don't earn any money it seems an impossible task.

i'm glad i saw muse at wembley, but my friends haven't seen them yet, so i'm desperately trying.

i've signed :D.

touting pisses me off, since i'm only 15 and at school when tickets go on sale my friends dad offered to get us some, but couldn't. so were both now looking here on musebay, and unfortunately we are using ebay. we've both vowed not to spend over £50 but its just ridiculous considering prices are sky high. and considering i don't earn any money it seems an impossible task.

i'm glad i saw muse at wembley, but my friends haven't seen them yet, so i'm desperately trying.

i would've been at school but i had GCSEs .. didn't get tickets and made everything just so much worse.. i could sue touts for making me fails my exams :LOL:

plus i'm broke now so i really just can't afford to buy from those ebay dicks...

:eek: lucky :D wembley

:( not seen muse even once..

i would've been at school but i had GCSEs .. didn't get tickets and made everything just so much worse.. i could sue touts for making me fails my exams :LOL:

plus i'm broke now so i really just can't afford to buy from those ebay dicks...

:eek: lucky :D wembley

:( not seen muse even once..

ahh, bad luck (n), if you do, i'll back you up :D

ahh, bad luck (n), if you do, i'll back you up :D

:p chuck some lawyers on their touting arses... :LOL:

well g'luck with the ticket searching :) ooh try scarletmist.com.. it never has any but no pain no gain.. my refresh button's gonna a wreck by the end of this.. :LOL:

:p chuck some lawyers on their touting arses... :LOL:

well g'luck with the ticket searching :) ooh try scarletmist.com.. it never has any but no pain no gain.. my refresh button's gonna a wreck by the end of this.. :LOL:

ooh awesome, thanks a lot :)

Did anyone receive this email today? I have two tickets for Thursday and Friday. Ticketmaster have no idea why I received it and cannot confirm if my tickets have been cancelled as all looks OK on the system. So I'm wondering if anyone had this too and found out anymore information:

Dear Ticketmaster Customer,

This is a notification from Ticketmaster with regards to your bookings for Muse at the O2, taking place on Thursday 12 November and Friday 13 November 2009.

It has come to our attention that you have exceeded the ticket limit for this event. As stated at the time of booking, there is a strict ticket limit of 4 tickets across both dates, which is per person and per credit/debit card. Therefore, we have cancelled the excess tickets from your bookings. To check which tickets have been cancelled, please log into your My Ticketmaster account and check your Order History.

If you require any further assistance, please contact us on the following link: http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/h/customer_serve.html

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Kind Regards

Ticketmaster Customer Service Department

Did anyone receive this email today? I have two tickets for Thursday and Friday. Ticketmaster have no idea why I received it and cannot confirm if my tickets have been cancelled as all looks OK on the system. So I'm wondering if anyone had this too and found out anymore information:

Dear Ticketmaster Customer,

This is a notification from Ticketmaster with regards to your bookings for Muse at the O2, taking place on Thursday 12 November and Friday 13 November 2009.

It has come to our attention that you have exceeded the ticket limit for this event. As stated at the time of booking, there is a strict ticket limit of 4 tickets across both dates, which is per person and per credit/debit card. Therefore, we have cancelled the excess tickets from your bookings. To check which tickets have been cancelled, please log into your My Ticketmaster account and check your Order History.

If you require any further assistance, please contact us on the following link: http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/h/customer_serve.html

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Kind Regards

Ticketmaster Customer Service Department

Oh dear! Well if you didn't order more than 4 and it looks ok on their system and when you log into myticketmaster then surely the email was simply a mistake? Hope it works out!

Also, the 'Do Not Reply' part of the thread title might be a tad misleading lol

Edited by Astronoma
spelling