The Void

OriginOfAbso

I love Matt's vocals in the acoustic version so much. One of my issues with recent albums has been his tendency to go for heroic sounding vocals and a lack of sincerity in his voice.

This takes me back to the menacing tone of old Muse, and it's genuinely soothed my soul. haha

I love Matt's vocals in the acoustic version so much. One of my issues with recent albums has been his tendency to go for heroic sounding vocals and a lack of sincerity in his voice.

This takes me back to the menacing tone of old Muse, and it's genuinely soothed my soul. haha

Exactly. I really wish Algorithm had old Muse vocals too. instead of the Supremacy/Phantom of the Opera sound

The beat in the bridge kind of ruins the song, which is a shame really because apart from that, this is bijou.. :( But that's Muse nowadays, always putting some catchy rythms everywhere instead of creating intense and deep atmosphere ! For that reason, the acoustic version is better imho even if the synth sound in the beginning of the regular version does fit really well .. Frustration here !

The beat in the bridge kind of ruins the song, which is a shame really because apart from that, this is bijou.. :( But that's Muse nowadays, always putting some catchy rythms everywhere instead of creating intense and deep atmosphere ! For that reason, the acoustic version is better imho even if the synth sound in the beginning of the regular version does fit really well .. Frustration here !

Yup, I really wish that beat wasn’t there too.

I love the beat in the bridge. The first time I heard it I was thinking (ya know I haven’t heard quite enough from Dom this whole record. Then he came in with that beat and it really gets the track going for me!

Also, I never thought I’d hear wubs used to such good effect again. Figured Madness had to be a fluke.