Algorithm (+ AV)

OriginOfAbso

I do think Algorithm is a better album opener than Dead Inside, but I think Dead Inside is a superior song.

Also, I do think it's the best opener since Take A Bow, but then, I only really consider Take A Bow an opener in the context of BH&R.

Live, it should always be a closer. It is so much more effectively deployed that way.

So when I first listened to Algorithm, after all the synths and piano calm down at 1m 19s, I totally did not expect those urgent strings to come in. Such a great way to keep the tempo going. Another thing I love is how the melody for the opening line closes in on itself rather than opening up. It sounds so fucking dark.

So when I first listened to Algorithm, after all the synths and piano calm down at 1m 19s, I totally did not expect those urgent strings to come in. Such a great way to keep the tempo going. Another thing I love is how the melody for the opening line closes in on itself rather than opening up. It sounds so fucking dark.

Yes.

And another thing, I love the circularity of the song, the way it returns to the intro for the outro. And the way it reflects The Void and vice versa. Nice. The transition to Dark Side is a bit janky but hey ho.

Really? I love that transition, it's like a wake-up call but still has that synthy feel to it.