Algorithm (+ AV)

OriginOfAbso

I turned this off first time I heard it but now..... it blows my mind. Either it will be very early on my Muse playlist, or the epic final track on it.

Anyone who ‘turns off’ the opening track of a new album by a band they love enough to sign up to their messageboard must have the attention span of a gnat :erm:.

Anyone who ‘turns off’ the opening track of a new album by a band they love enough to sign up to their messageboard must have the attention span of a gnat :erm:.

Don't tell me about it... My listening attention span freaking sucks. I really try listening to a lot of music when I can, I really want to, but it's like I'm getting tired of listening after two minutes and a half, no matter what genre the song is. And I hate it.

Then, I listen to 6-minute long drones (no pun intended), noise profiling experiments by the likes of Merzbow, Igorrr or Throbbing Gristles and they manage to keep my attention up. What the heck is wrong with me?

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

Don't tell me about it... My listening attention span freaking sucks. I really try listening to a lot of music when I can, I really want to, but it's like I'm getting tired of listening after two minutes and a half, no matter what genre the song is. And I hate it.

Then, I listen to 6-minute long drones (no pun intended), noise profiling experiments by the likes of Merzbow, Igorrr or Throbbing Gristles and they manage to keep my attention up. What the heck is wrong with me?

I'd recommend seeing a doctor asap.

• 2 weeks later...

clearly, this will open the live set of the upcoming tour. there is no other logical spot if this is played live.

but...how, exactly? i think some sort of an amalgamation of the album version + AR has to be achieved. maybe the first 1:35 of the album into the AR version...and then somehow revert back into the album version midstream...go back into AR...and end with AR?

or 1:35 album version into AR to completion?

or 1:35 album version into AR 'til about 2:32 into album version completion?

or entire album version?

or entire AR?

judge, jury and executioner.

probably so.

and, assuming it will open every gig on the tour (right? where else would it fit in a setlist?), i suppose that means matt's going to be at the piano at the start of each show.

I’d err towards expecting him to stick to the guitar parts and leave those couple of piano flourishes to Morgan or playback tbh.