2018.06.01 & 2018.06.02 Rock am Ring & Rock im Park

Claudia O

What has the set been so far then? I missed half of the show cause I forgot about the time difference. Fuck.

Pretty must just the regular stuff. Open with Thought Contagion, move to Psycho, Hysteria, PIB and then Dom and Morgan's shining moment Isolated System. Madness, Dig Down, Starlight, Supermassive and a few others were there too including Undisclosed Desires for the first time this year.

Time is Running Out is currently on, presume Mercy is next.

What has the set been so far then? I missed half of the show cause I forgot about the time difference. Fuck.

Thought contagon

Psycho

Hysteria

PiB

IS + Dig down

Undisclosed desires

SMBH

Stockholm syndrome

Unsustainable

Madness

Starlight

TiRO

Ah, I was right about Mercy. Then it will be the encore of Take a Bow, Uprising and Knights. Nothing too big tonight unfortunately, Rock Im Park will probably be the same too.

I can't be bothered to watch the rest, Matt even said the "yes" after TIRO from BottleRock festival. Just a little thing I noticed.

Has to be one of the worst setlists for some time and half the songs were performed badly / didn't sound right.

Unless they pull a surprise out of the hat, I have to say that the highlight was Thought Contagen - it all went downhill from there.

Has to be one of the worst setlists for some time and half the songs were performed badly / didn't sound right.

Unless they pull a surprise out of the hat, I have to say that the highlight was Thought Contagen - it all went downhill from there.

And i'm guessing thought contagion was the first song.

Yes it was

Do you think they care about their fans anymore? Honestly, they play The Handler at a standard festival, not heavy or anything, but then when they get to a metalfest, they play the shittest and most mainstream setlist. I really hope their tour next year will be better than this.

They've said over and over again that they tailor their gigs to the lowest common denominator, and I don't know why people keep being surprised. :( Sad, yes, surprised, no.

What I didn't get about this one, was what was up with how the songs sounded. Seemed like more than one thing going wrong.

The fact that his falsetto has improved massively in the last two gigs makes up slightly for the shit setlists
It really hasn't though.

This gig had like 3 falsetto heavy songs, and the two last ones (TaB and KoC) sounded pretty bad and terrible respectively.

People keep saying his voice has improved at every new gig it seems. But this was in no way better than it was in 2017 for example.

Starlight was played half a step down because Chris was using the bass with that tuning. That could be what sounded weird about that one.

I loved the amp exploding half way through.

overall though, I do agree with many others that this felt a lot more like Pop Am Ring rather than Rock Am Ring. Tonight's gig will probably be the exact same setlist as they won't of had enough time to change even the "oddball" song (Undisclosed Desires, last time it was Resistance, before that it was Showbiz).

Starlight was played half a step down because Chris was using the bass with that tuning. That could be what sounded weird about that one.

I loved the amp exploding half way through.

overall though, I do agree with many others that this felt a lot more like Pop Am Ring rather than Rock Am Ring. Tonight's gig will probably be the exact same setlist as they won't of had enough time to change even the "oddball" song (Undisclosed Desires, last time it was Resistance, before that it was Showbiz).

Starlight's been play 1/2 step down since at least 2007

okay, that was pretty bad :LOL:

the crowd was actually very good, I stood in the front of stage area, the whole crowd was jumping and singing during Psycho, Hysteria and Plug in baby.

But Dig Down and UD killed the mood totally.

How weird it is to have 2 similar songs (Starlight and Mercy) played nearly in a row...

Mercy sounded a bit weird, it seems, that Matt missed the chorus and started singing a bit late.

The mix of SBH sounded a bit soft to me.

btw:

The crowd loved the show.

I expect Rock im Park to get a really good setlist today.

Dig Down into UD... Jesus wept.

Also, having spied it on Instagram, did Matt's amp really pull produce sparks after being hit by a flying guitar at the end of Stockholm Syndrome or was is just a lighting trick? (EDIT: Nevermind looks more like a lighting trick)

Edited by forevermusic

Tbf Rock im Park had a different set in 2010, so its not out of the realms of possibility that might be the case again.

I certainly do hope so. If this is the case, I hope they do more 'rock' songs. Trouble is nowadays the setlist is always the same with minor variations.

I wonder if this one will be livestreamed?There hasn't been an announcement yet.