2018.06.01 & 2018.06.02 Rock am Ring & Rock im Park

Claudia O

Got back from Rock im Park weekend. Muse was way more interesting than the last few times (Werchter with THAT setlist, Vienna on tour and Sziget festival) I saw them even if the setlist was shitty. Show had a flow to it. Flow that I didn't like but still a flow :LOL: Crowd didn't seem to stop at any moment and it was really fun

Also there was a guy in a white shirt and a guy in a black shirt in mid 30s that booed so hard Madness, Dig Down and Starlight and went crazy for SS. They're probably from here

Sidenote. 30stm is probably the worst live act I ever saw in my life. Went to watch Stone fucking Sour instead of them

Also there was a guy in a white shirt and a guy in a black shirt in mid 30s that booed so hard Madness, Dig Down and Starlight and went crazy for SS. They're probably from here

Sidenote. 30stm is probably the worst live act I ever saw in my life.

One may not like that kind of tracks, but that's just effing rude and disrespectful not only towards them, but also towards every performing musician. Why won't you rather go and have a toilet break instead of pulling out that shit when you know those tracks will be performed anyway?

About 30STM, today I was quite shocked to discover that Dangerous Right was theirs... I mean, I've heard that song so many times on the radio and still I've never got it was them.

Seriously? What has he commisioned that damned acoustic guitar for, then?

He used it a couple of times just to store it away for nothing. Can't he try playing Falling Dawn, City of Delusion or Screenager for once with it?

True speech.

To be honest I too would love to see the acoustic guitar again. But not for UD, instead one of the songs you mentioned, especially City of Delusion. That would be a phenomenal return for that song, and in high quality for once.

For UD i really want him to pull out the keytar even just once more.

Yes, City of delusion, please! Or Unintended? Hm... What about the piano-songs? Not a single one!

yes! I really hope there's another By Request show for this very reason. Bring back the acoustic! Bring back the piano! City of Delusion, Unintended, New Born, Space Dementia, Bliss played on a piano even. There's just so much potential...

...Instead we get Mercy, Madness and Dig Down, and everything mainstream at every festival concert. Ouch.

Yes, City of delusion, please! Or Unintended? Hm... What about the piano-songs? Not a single one!

Actually I'm more optimistic about the piano having a bigger role in future gigs, considering that Matt said there are going to be a couple of piano driven songs on LP8. Space Dementia or Hoodoo would both be great returns for me.

Also, there will be two acoustic tracks on there, and I think we might see some of the older tracks we mentioned in the future.

In short, my criticism is about the very now. I find the lack of appearances of the new acoustic Manson very disappointing, considering its potential share of use.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

Y’all have had two chances to vote COD in at By Request gigs and failed both times so frankly nobody deserves it

(but me)

Seriously? What has he commisioned that damned acoustic guitar for, then?

He used it a couple of times just to store it away for nothing. Can't he try playing Falling Dawn, City of Delusion or Screenager for once with it?

Screenager and Falling Down are miles better electric though

Tbh acoustic songs aren’t really something I want at a Muse gig. Maybe MOYH, FAWY or Nature_1 at a club show but, even then, there’s plenty of other stuff I’d rather see first.

Edited by Jobby

Matt mentioned City of delusion in a recent interview, right?! Maybe we have to bring it up more often! When was the last time live?

As for the piano-songs,I'd love to see Hoodoo the most atm, oh and Space dementia :) (and Citizen erased but it's no rarity, but I still need to see it :(