2018.06.01 & 2018.06.02 Rock am Ring & Rock im Park

Claudia O

Matt mentioned City of delusion in a recent interview, right?! Maybe we have to bring it up more often! When was the last time live?

As for the piano-songs,I'd love to see Hoodoo the most atm, oh and Space dementia :) (and Citizen erased but it's no rarity, but I still need to see it :(

He did? Do you remember which interview?

I've voted CoD at every single opportunity :phu:. Seen it twice. It's solid top five things I've ever seen Muse do live. It's pretty much my number one choice for a comeback now.

Elite voting and opinion :yesey:

I genuinely can’t split between COD and Hate This which makes me feel disloyal but I mean try blaming me. Gonna be an awkward choice whenever I next get a chance to make a sign though.

Matt mentioned City of delusion in a recent interview, right?!

What. When. I want links NOW.

Maybe we have to bring it up more often!

I put his tweets on notification so I could harrass him about it as soon as he put one out last year js

I’VE DONE MY BIT, WHERE ARE YOU LOT

Next one’s supposed to be in the US so I’d say ‘unlikely’ but the answer’s just no tbh

Oh god, a U.S. By Request show? More like Pop by Request then.

Did they say it's going to be in the US? Or was it the venue that reached out to them who confirmed it? Do you have a link ?

I’m pretty sure they’ll vote for rarities. It’s just that if COD can’t make it past the likes of PIB, Dead Star, Assassin, CE, New Born, Bliss, Fury and Butterflies over here when we actually get that stuff at non-request gigs, I can’t see it breaking through over there.

Edit: Oh, and iirc Matt apparently told a fan they are doing one in the US and just need to work out where (LA and Chicago being the main contenders I think). Another European one was just a ‘maybe’ so it’s probs safe to assume that won’t come first.

I’m pretty sure they’ll vote for rarities. It’s just that if COD can’t make it past the likes of PIB, Dead Star, Assassin, CE, New Born, Bliss, Fury and Butterflies over here when we actually get that stuff at non-request gigs, I can’t see it breaking through over there.

Edit: Oh, and iirc Matt apparently told a fan they are doing one in the US and just need to work out where (LA and Chicago being the main contenders I think). Another European one was just a ‘maybe’ so it’s probs safe to assume that won’t come first.

Ah good point. Hopefully at least one European one between then and now maybe. I forgot that Americans will always vote for things that are guaranteed to be in the sets anyway. I mean let's be honest, these days, a set without Plug in Baby is rarer than a diamond amongst a food bin.

Having missed SBE (tickets never on sale when I was able to get one) and La Cigale (was already booked to see Franz Ferdinand), I'd love another European by request date. But I think its only fair the USA gets a turn first. Maybe they'll bring out some properly unusual songs and change this notion that the Americans only give a shit for the poppy singles. Or not, as the case for some may be. :chuckle:

I thought the acoustic Manson was partly intended for a new song that uses one. Even if we are yet to see/hear it.

I thought the acoustic Manson was partly intended for a new song that uses one. Even if we are yet to see/hear it.

It is. But my criticism is directed towards the fact he could have something more creative with it in this period, instead of using it just to play four chords on UD.

I hope Muse will play all their songs next time they’re in Sweden. Just being optimistic!

No way, it should be Italy, instead! :(

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

Ah good point. Hopefully at least one European one between then and now maybe. I forgot that Americans will always vote for things that are guaranteed to be in the sets anyway. I mean let's be honest, these days, a set without Plug in Baby is rarer than a diamond amongst a food bin.

Plug In Baby was dropped for like 5 months in the US exclusively back in 2013.

I was reading ringrocker and parkrocker forums, pretty much 90% of the people have Muse in top 3 or top 5. Not a single person put them in the worst top 3 or 5 (which is predominately occupied with Rise Against and 30STM :LOL: ).

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought it was really amazing despite the shit setlist