Yeah the pyro at Reading genuinely felt underwhelming after I saw the footage from Leeds of bursts of fire that nearly burnt the stage down. Space Dementia and Stockholm Syndrome were particularly excellent, plus it had the best New Born I've seen so far. Could've used a Showbiz song instead of a pretty poor performance of UD, but can't have it all.

A part of me regrets not doing the full weekend in 2011. Some of my best friends went, and there's at least 10 bands on the two days I didn't attend I would've happily seen, including the other headliners. I didn't mind dodging the rain though - looked hella rough during the Friday in particular. Even if it was very much a tactical mistake to turn up on the Sunday wearing white trainers.

EC was terrible for me in 2004, not the best venue for gigs & an woeful, boring dull crowd who just came because MTV told them to.

To be fair, I saw Arctic Monkeys at Earls Court shortly before the place was bulldozed, and I didn't really rate the venue's acoustics. Although in saying that, it was still a better experience than when my friends went to Birmingham on the same tour a few days later and the gig was cancelled literally just as they had got on the train to go there.

As a recording, I preferred Earls Court to Glastonbury, although Pinkpop is also a favourite from the Absolution Tour.

To be fair, I saw Arctic Monkeys at Earls Court shortly before the place was bulldozed, and I didn't really rate the venue's acoustics.

It was one of those places that just swallowed a crowd, if you weren't in the right spot then everything sounded like sludge. Looked great from the outside though!

A belated massive thank you for the kind advice so many of you gave me when I was desperately trying to get a ticket for SBE after failing to get one on the presale day, general release day etc etc. After weeks of trying and just missing out lots of times, I got one ticket from someone on this site late afternoon on the day. So glad I'd decided not to give up on getting a ticket. Words can't fully explain how much it meant to me...the truly unbelievable set list, electric atmosphere, brilliantly crazy crowd. For me, it was even better than Earls Court and RAH (both brilliant memories). So grateful that Muse kept their promise and played the songs you all voted for. Still reliving it by watching YouTube videos! 😊

It was one of those places that just swallowed a crowd, if you weren't in the right spot then everything sounded like sludge. Looked great from the outside though!

Oh yeah - when I went, the outside looked great, even when it had been in disuse for most of the time before 2013. The inside was higher than expected, but the acoustics felt lost and it came in somewhere below the O2, Ally Pally and Wembley as a live venue.

A belated massive thank you for the kind advice so many of you gave me when I was desperately trying to get a ticket for SBE after failing to get one on the presale day, general release day etc etc. After weeks of trying and just missing out lots of times, I got one ticket from someone on this site late afternoon on the day. So glad I'd decided not to give up on getting a ticket. Words can't fully explain how much it meant to me...the truly unbelievable set list, electric atmosphere, brilliantly crazy crowd. For me, it was even better than Earls Court and RAH (both brilliant memories). So grateful that Muse kept their promise and played the songs you all voted for. Still reliving it by watching YouTube videos! 😊

your persistence paid off. Good on yer :)

a belated massive thank you for the kind advice so many of you gave me when i was desperately trying to get a ticket for sbe after failing to get one on the presale day, general release day etc etc. After weeks of trying and just missing out lots of times, i got one ticket from someone on this site late afternoon on the day. So glad i'd decided not to give up on getting a ticket. Words can't fully explain how much it meant to me...the truly unbelievable set list, electric atmosphere, brilliantly crazy crowd. For me, it was even better than earls court and rah (both brilliant memories). So grateful that muse kept their promise and played the songs you all voted for. Still reliving it by watching youtube videos!

ahh this is why the board can nevar die <3 :happy:

I guess I'm lucky. I got it in my first gig

Same! But then I missed it for...6 years I think? Only saw it the other 3 times 'cos I binged those 6 shows in 2016. If I'd stuck to my old gig restrictions of not really venturing further than Manchester, I'd have only seen it that once back in 2010 - criminal :noey:

Seen Muse twice. Got Map both times.

Me too. Didn't really appreciate it back in 2012 - it was rotated with Hysteria, and I remember being at the concert and would have preferred Hysteria at the time - but then when I saw it again last year it struck me what a great live song it is.

All this love for Map :love:

f759iAW.jpg

I've seen them three times and never got Map. As silly as it may sound it's in my top 10 of songs I'd like to hear live.

ABSOLUTELY not silly. Idk how I'd even feel going to multiple gigs and not seeing Map, it's been a staple of my top 10 for years. Not the most mind-blowing song you can see live but it's pretty consistent and easily one of the best of the more common songs.

Thank god, somebody has finally posted so I don't have to commit a doublepost.

Two things I remembered last night:

1) "It's not so easy for me" is only a slight change from "It's not so easily..." but damn if it ain't better

2) SBE had to be the fastest New Born since, what, Abso? At least? Can't help but be impressed every time I rewatch it.