New Kind Of Kick - #MuseHalloweenSpecial

projektxtal

Wouldn't mind the next album having some sounds like the second half of New Kind of Kick, with the heavy distorted screams and qotsa style riffage lol, to me that part right there is heavier/ more brutal than most of Drones lol, save for a few parts of songs
But that's basically what Psycho was. I mean all that was missing was that the "a fucking psycho" *riff begins* would be a bit more distorted.

Riffage and distortion were the two main ingredients for the last album. Doing it again but with a bit more distortion would be a borefest. Especially since they obvously had to scrape the barrel to even come up with this "back to basics" album. Two singles which are basically UD/Madness and Starlight from another dimension, a 15 year old riff extended into a 5 minute song, two covers and probably parts of the album that I don't even wanna remember.

Muse need to do something completely different next time.

Yeah it's definitely similar to Psycho, I'm not sure why they couldn't have condensed the idea for the song into 3 and a half minutes lol, Psycho is just way to fucking long lol. Something about New Kind of Kick just hits a little harder for me, I honestly wouldn't mind if they went back to an electronic style again though either, Drones just seems so dull after a certain point

This is really the first album for me where I feel like a Muse song went on for too long...and it happened THREE times. Psycho should have been at least 2 minutes shorter, Aftermath 2 minutes at least (or preferably all of it) and The Handler's solo, which I just don't get.

This is really the first album for me where I feel like a Muse song went on for too long...and it happened THREE times. Psycho should have been at least 2 minutes shorter, Aftermath 2 minutes at least (or preferably all of it) and The Handler's solo, which I just don't get.

Defector

I'm not boycotting it. I just don't want anyone in public to see me watching it, especially at work. :LOL:

(Also, clearly the person who brought it up, and many of the comments, were referencing the fact that he brought it to the video from the live gigs. And why (why god?) )

Including me! He's self aware of The Thing. Whyever he did it in the gigs (habit/ guitar substitute/ he thinks it's sexy/ continuity for a maybe DVD) we don't know. But in the Halloween vid it looks like self-parody.

Can't you watch the vid somewhere private? :)

Including me! He's self aware of The Thing. Whyever he did it in the gigs (habit/ guitar substitute/ he thinks it's sexy/ continuity for a maybe DVD) we don't know. But in the Halloween vid it looks like self-parody.

Can't you watch the vid somewhere private? :)

I'd feel a bit off watching it in a bathroom or something. :LOL:

Although, I think my PT got cancelled tonight, so I might actually be home for an hour. :love:

Unless someone slips up and tells people I have a moment to myself. :mad:

I plan on it, when I'm there. (And alone.) :LOL:

It's a shit time for work with Q4 planning and going around setting up xmas displays. I spent 12 hours yesterday hanging xmas decorations from the ceiling, and got home at 3am.

Combined with 4-5 hours of PT a week, and what's been going on with my family, I'm not home much.

And every second when I'm there for the last couple of months have been trying to deal with cat urine issues. :'( Looking forward to spending my next day off pulling up carpet and Kilzing the floor boards. :noey:

I'm also not much in the mood for something that's supposed to be funny, tbf.

I feel like if Muse had put out something serious, I'd have found time for it by now. To see if I can still feel the spark.

I plan on it, when I'm there. (And alone.) :LOL:

It's a shit time for work with Q4 planning and going around setting up xmas displays. I spent 12 hours yesterday hanging xmas decorations from the ceiling, and got home at 3am.

Combined with 4-5 hours of PT a week, and what's been going on with my family, I'm not home much.

And every second when I'm there for the last couple of months have been trying to deal with cat urine issues. :'( Looking forward to spending my next day off pulling up carpet and Kilzing the floor boards. :noey:

I'm also not much in the mood for something that's supposed to be funny, tbf.

I feel like if Muse had put out something serious, I'd have found time for it by now. To see if I can still feel the spark.

I'm with you on the cat pee issues. I have one that likes to wee on my bed.:eek:

Hmm don't know tbh if the Halloween Special can reignite the spark. But it made me LOL and I have a son who's in hospital, and has been there 2 months.

:)

So sorry about your son. :( I hope things work out, and quickly.

I haven't talked about it (shocker, for me) but had a family tragedy that's changed my life in a way that's really been hard for me to deal with mentally. And then I feel guilty about making it about me. I don't think I've really cracked a smile in months.

Maybe that's why I'm back bitching about Muse. :LOL:

It *is* sad that they did used to be something I could fall back on a bit to make myself feel better, not that long ago.

Bellamy's ego problem sunk the band for me, and it makes me wish I could rewind time and just not go to the tour, or follow any of the information that came out surrounding it.

I'm sure some of it was just inevitable, as I'm getting older and all.

The magic of the whole music thing has faded. (On that topic, I can't recommend a series of graphic novels called Phonogram nearly enough...)

It's certainly left me more and more with a bleak "dealing with the real world" scenario. So I'm just going to be old and bitter about that. :erm::LOL:

I mean, my house smells like cat pee, it's perfect time to get a broom and start telling kids to get off my lawn.

Personnaly I think TH's solo lasts long enough to become cool again after the first effect fades away. It transforms into a different impression. It reminds me of an endless staircase kind of thing which I like.

Bellamy's ego problem sunk the band for me, and it makes me wish I could rewind time and just not go to the tour, or follow any of the information that came out surrounding it.

I'm sure some of it was just inevitable, as I'm getting older and all.

The magic of the whole music thing has faded. (On that topic, I can't recommend a series of graphic novels called Phonogram nearly enough...)

It's certainly left me more and more with a bleak "dealing with the real world" scenario. So I'm just going to be old and bitter about that. :erm::LOL:

I mean, my house smells like cat pee, it's perfect time to get a broom and start telling kids to get off my lawn.

:):LOL:

Personnaly I think TH's solo lasts long enough to become cool again after the first effect fades away. It transforms into a different impression. It reminds me of an endless staircase kind of thing which I like.

The solo of The Handler is one of the best things of the album, if fact is one of the best things humanity has done since the invention of the wheel.

If aliens are watching us they problably are saying: Look at the glorified apes, they have wheels, and the solo of The Handler!

The solo of The Handler is one of the best things of the album, if fact is one of the best things humanity has done since the invention of the wheel.

If aliens are watching us they problably are saying: Look at the glorified apes, they have wheels, and the solo of The Handler!

What the fuck are you on about tho

I like the second part of it, (the handler solo) but it sure does take a minute. I was like... Confused. And then it picks up and I'm like oh. Ok, I get it.

I see why Matt hasn't done very much improv type solos and sticks with echoing the chorus a lot.

Still haven't listened to this cover :awesome:

The Handler solo is hopeless. It's just dead noise for like a minute. I know it builds, but there are far more creative ways to do that.

I miss it when Muse filled two minutes in songs with the kind of bridges we got in Darkshines, B&H, Assassin, etc :(.