Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

james90

This little beauty arrived today :D

Now I need a Kaoss Pad but it seems pretty hard to find nowadays...

It's my 3rd Manson, after my MA-2 EVO and my DR-1

Nice. What drone number have you got?

And do you mean the KP2? You can always get the KP3 (apparently they've come out with a new version of it too) but it doesn't have the same synths. The KP3 is definitely a better unit though.

I'm guessing it's the only one that sold in any real numbers?

Yeah that's highly possible. I was tempted by that 50th anniversary MS 500 at one point, but wasn't sure about the pickups (which I recall are super low output) and what tonal characteristics quandong has...

Nice. What drone number have you got?

And do you mean the KP2? You can always get the KP3 (apparently they've come out with a new version of it too) but it doesn't have the same synths. The KP3 is definitely a better unit though.

I bought Drone #88 (my birth year).

I'm looking for the KP2 (which I think is the one with the SMBH solo effect), but it's really really hard to find. :(

Is it just me or is that XY pad huge? They're not that square usually are they? Or am I imagining things?

It's my first XY guitar so I can't compare it to others, but I think it has the same size as the other models, I might be the picture tricking your eyes haha.

This little beauty arrived today :D

Now I need a Kaoss Pad but it seems pretty hard to find nowadays...

It's my 3rd Manson, after my MA-2 EVO and my DR-1

Awesome! When did you place your order/how long was build time? I can't wait for mine, should only be a few weeks away now.

Awesome! When did you place your order/how long was build time? I can't wait for mine, should only be a few weeks away now.

16 days from ordering to shipping. After that the shipment arrived in 4 working days.

Ooh, yes please! I've actually been thinking about ordering one myself, but I wanted to wait until I'd got the new guitar here first. I wasn't sure how much the import charges were going to be. Now it's here, once I've got used to playing it a bit, I'll be thinking about going for the pedal too, so any feedback you have would be great. :)

Ooh, yes please! I've actually been thinking about ordering one myself, but I wanted to wait until I'd got the new guitar here first. I wasn't sure how much the import charges were going to be. Now it's here, once I've got used to playing it a bit, I'll be thinking about going for the pedal too, so any feedback you have would be great. :)

I hope you mean the Diezel pedal and not the MA EVO. I thought you'd at least hold off for another year or so, but I guess I've had too much of an influence on you.

Must have been from when I got my hands on your first custom that time... but I can't resist grabbing an extra thick 25.5" scale wooden shaft when I have the opportunity...

Btw Bs, I have a VH4-2 coming in the mail tomorrow. Will let you know how it is. Apparently it can handle channels 3 & 4 of the VH4 (instead of just Channel 3 on the original VH4 pedal)

But... QOTSA....

I'm looking for the KP2 (which I think is the one with the SMBH solo effect), but it's really really hard to find. :(

Buy mine. I don't really use it that often.

Definitely the pedal. :chuckle:

Speaking of things that never get used, I should really think about selling my Loop Station pedal at some point. I bought it years back when I had more free time, and then have just never really been able to dedicate the time needed to learn how to use it properly. Don't know if anyone here would be interested though. It's huge. :chuckle:

16 days from ordering to shipping. After that the shipment arrived in 4 working days.

Sweet :) Turns out mine has been finished, so I'm picking it up Saturday. I don't think I'm going to sleep until then...

But... QOTSA....

I still have the PDF-2 and the cheap Fulltone clone! And all the other stuff I've been talking to you about.

Let me know how the vh-2 is please! Was considering one but not sure id take that over a kemper

Ooh, yes please! I've actually been thinking about ordering one myself, but I wanted to wait until I'd got the new guitar here first. I wasn't sure how much the import charges were going to be. Now it's here, once I've got used to playing it a bit, I'll be thinking about going for the pedal too, so any feedback you have would be great.

So far, I like how it sounds into a 6L6 power amp sim on the Ampli-Firebox. It's not a very versatile pedal though - you cannot get any cleans from it on either channel even on low gain settings. The high gains sound great, but I don't think the knobs are that touch-sensitive. It is a $330 pedal though - a lot cheaper than a Kemper. Channel 2 (4 on the real amp) is more aggressive, whereas channel 1 is tighter. I think Matt only uses channel 4 on his VH4 though?

I have the vh-4 pedal i like it but its always on back of mind its not the real thing.

How much did you pay for your vh-2?

I have no idea what the real amp is like, so that's one less problem I have :D I paid about $270 for mine - it's a demo unit + Reverb's 15% St. Patrick's Day sale

I still have the PDF-2 and the cheap Fulltone clone! And all the other stuff I've been talking to you about.

https://reverb.com/item/10989631-fulltone-ultimate-octave

Buy that. It's from 2005, so it's not too far off from the 'correct' one and might have the magic transistors too.

So far, I like how it sounds into a 6L6 power amp sim on the Ampli-Firebox. It's not a very versatile pedal though - you cannot get any cleans from it on either channel even on low gain settings. The high gains sound great, but I don't think the knobs are that touch-sensitive. It is a $330 pedal though - a lot cheaper than a Kemper. Channel 2 (4 on the real amp) is more aggressive, whereas channel 1 is tighter. I think Matt only uses channel 4 on his VH4 though?

I don't think it's supposed to emulate any of the clean sounds on the VH4.

And MB mostly uses channel 3 on the actual amp.