Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

james90

Sadly the pasty is long gone :( But here's the same one I had...

[spoiler=NSFW PASTY PARTY]bid-to-protect-traditional-cornish-pasty-82738399-586ba59cd695e.jpg

Damn photobucket.

[spoiler=NSFW SPARKLY]29400771_470290020053629_2560343310677835776_n.jpg

Makes you laugh when you remember how little glitter they were willing to put on the early MB-1s, haha!

Where are the pictures of Bs' new one?

I'll try and get some this week hopefully. I haven't had any chance to get it out over the weekend unfortunately.

Anyone see the Cort that Mansons posted on Facebook today? I thought it looked familiar but couldn't quite put my finger on it

Fortunately Rangga was there to point me in the right direction

Is that manson rust relic

I was going to say someone should return the favor and help him, but it looks like MB himself got there first. We didn't even need to tweet @dickmovedom this time.

Makes you laugh when you remember how little glitter they were willing to put on the early MB-1s, haha!

It really doesn't, especially if you have an early MB-1!

Wasn't that on last year's Works Wednesday? I could be wrong, but I thought I remembered a Bigsby or a blue sparkle model, so maybe it was both of them in one?

It might have been. Can't remember. It's been around for a while though.

Are you going to buy it?

I remember seeing that a few years ago, maybe 2014 or 2015, but can’t properly remember. Wasn’t it originally yellow/blonde, then Manson refinished it or am I imagining that?

Yeah it was originally natural and with a different neck I think.

I wonder if the toggle switches actually do anything.

that's precisely what I wondered too.

It's tempting for me only because of the shape and finish... I'd keep buying MBC1s if I could get them custom painted for around the same cost but I think we all know how that'll end.I'll settle with a manson being my dream instrument

Anyone know what to do if one of the strings keeps going out of tune every few minutes? Is there a way of adjusting the machine head or whatever so it's tighter? Haven't had this problem before so not sure the best way forward. It's my new one and it's got Gotoh HAPs if that helps. Otherwise I'll e-mail Mansons if no-one knows but I'm assuming it shouldn't be that much of a problem to solve hopefully.

Anyone know what to do if one of the strings keeps going out of tune every few minutes? Is there a way of adjusting the machine head or whatever so it's tighter? Haven't had this problem before so not sure the best way forward. It's my new one and it's got Gotoh HAPs if that helps. Otherwise I'll e-mail Mansons if no-one knows but I'm assuming it shouldn't be that much of a problem to solve hopefully.

You sure it's not the string itself?

Nope, haha! Just seemed weird that it was only that one though - it could be that that one broke when they were putting them on and so it's newer than the others and hasn't been stretched properly yet. I'll keep an eye (ear?) on it next time I play. Thought I'd ask in case.

One thing I also want to know is how exactly you can adjust the orientation of toggle switches. One of the sustainer switches is a bit awkward for me to use, and I wondered if there's a way I can just rotate it slightly. I did ask Mansons but they recommended against trying it because apparently they keep the wire short and it could get pulled off if there isn't enough flexibility. I wouldn't mind having a look though and seeing if it's possible, but I don't know how to loosen and tighten them in the first place. Could anyone give me some pointers? I'd only want to rotate it about 45 degrees or something. If it's really too risky then I'll leave it, but if it's possible, great.

Nope, haha! Just seemed weird that it was only that one though - it could be that that one broke when they were putting them on and so it's newer than the others and hasn't been stretched properly yet. I'll keep an eye (ear?) on it next time I play. Thought I'd ask in case.

One thing I also want to know is how exactly you can adjust the orientation of toggle switches. One of the sustainer switches is a bit awkward for me to use, and I wondered if there's a way I can just rotate it slightly. I did ask Mansons but they recommended against trying it because apparently they keep the wire short and it could get pulled off if there isn't enough flexibility. I wouldn't mind having a look though and seeing if it's possible, but I don't know how to loosen and tighten them in the first place. Could anyone give me some pointers? I'd only want to rotate it about 45 degrees or something. If it's really too risky then I'll leave it, but if it's possible, great.

Likely just the string. Does this have the graphtech saddles? You might want to check that it's not cracked (could have happened in shipping) or significantly lower than the others (might be lowering itself because of the string tension, but it shouldn't be)

And I wouldn't mess with it. Apparently the way the wires are routed also is important with the sustainiac.

I've only had a chance to play it three times since I got it so far, being about once a week, and I posted about the string the last time at the weekend. I'll see if it's any better when I play it this weekend or if it's still causing a problem. Still no photos though I'm afraid. I did try on my phone but they just didn't come out very well for some reason. :$

I've only had a chance to play it three times since I got it so far, being about once a week, and I posted about the string the last time at the weekend. I'll see if it's any better when I play it this weekend or if it's still causing a problem. Still no photos though I'm afraid. I did try on my phone but they just didn't come out very well for some reason. :$

At this point I'm not concerned about it being iPhone 5S quality. I just want to see a group photo.

How does it sound compared to your first one?

At this point I'm not concerned about it being iPhone 5S quality. I just want to see a group photo.

How does it sound compared to your first one?

I'm planning on playing it again tomorrow so I'll try and get a picture then. I'm not sure I'll be able to get a group picture for a while though. My room's a bit cramped really at the moment so it's difficult to get more than one of them out at once and the cases are pretty much stored one on top of the other in the week. Going to be moving later in the year though, so that should hopefully make things a bit easier.

Anyway, in terms of sound, I think I mentioned before that it probably sounds about 80% like my first custom and maybe 20% like the MB-1, though actually sounding and playing slightly differently to both of them. It's maybe a bit clearer than my first custom, and a bit heavier in terms of the overall sound somehow. The strings are also a bit closer to the fretboard which works well for some things though natural harmonics don't seem to ring out as much. Pinch harmonics sound awesome though, and it works better than either of my others with the Zvex Probe pedals which is interesting.

At the moment, I still probably think the first custom sounds the best, with the MB-1 being great for lots of different stuff. It's working well as a good halfway point though, while like I say, actually sounding kind of different to both of them, so once I get settings tweaked to suit it, it should work well for its own stuff. I've mostly just been playing loads of different things and seeing what works so far. Cleans up nicely too, though maybe not quite as much as the MB-1, and the distorted stuff sounds pretty clear too.

It's a bit hard to explain though, there's just subtle differences across the board, I guess.

Nothing special, I'm afraid, as there's very little natural light in my room at the moment.

The picture I had from Mansons before it was sent out is probably better, but here you go.

DSC0014_05.jpg