Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

james90

Anyone here that has owned both a cort/Chinese replica and a Manson MA Evo?

I'm trying to decide between:

-Manson Evo 1

-Cort MBC with MBK2 upgrade

-Chinese MB replica with MBK + fuzz factory

Not owned one of the replicas, but I've heard they're pretty poor. I'd probably get the EVO and then upgrade the pickup at a later date... if not, definitely the Cort. They're really good guitars for the money.

Whoa.

Look at the flame on that one. *said in Nigel Tufnel voice.

The irncaster needs an irn bru logo on the headstock for #details. :cool:

Not just that, but the colour... It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none - none more black.

And where can I get one of those? I tried finding an Irn Bru sticker for the body, but could only find these bootleg ones that seemed like more trouble than they were worth.

Not owned one of the replicas, but I've heard they're pretty poor. I'd probably get the EVO and then upgrade the pickup at a later date... if not, definitely the Cort. They're really good guitars for the money.

Not just that, but the colour... It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none - none more black.

And where can I get one of those? I tried finding an Irn Bru sticker for the body, but could only find these bootleg ones that seemed like more trouble than they were worth.

:awesome:

I'm not sure of anywhere in particular that sell them, to get something decent quality you might need to get a custom one like Jaicen said. Or cut the label off a bottle as a temporary one :LOL:.

Actually, cutting a chunk off the can and screwing it on would be somehow appropriate :)

It would be. Tone is in the aluminium after all.

:awesome:

I'm not sure of anywhere in particular that sell them, to get something decent quality you might need to get a custom one like Jaicen said. Or cut the label off a bottle as a temporary one :LOL:.

I could make one myself, but I have no idea how to print out decals.

Almost tempted to make one of those massive ones for the back of the guitar. Sort of like this :awesome:

A bit more subtle, but it gets the message across.

It would be. Tone is in the aluminium after all.

I could make one myself, but I have no idea how to print out decals.

Almost tempted to make one of those massive ones for the back of the guitar. Sort of like this :awesome:

A bit more subtle, but it gets the message across.

Irn bru can aluminium wrapped guitar for the ultimate toanz.

Go with that message since he banned irn bru from some golf place... in Scotland :facepalm:

Wow :LOL:

Irn bru can aluminium wrapped guitar for the ultimate toanz.

Go with that message since he banned irn bru from some golf place... in Scotland :facepalm:

Fucks sake. Guess he needed to be the most orange thing there and saw it as a threat.

And there's an idea. They only sell them in the plastic bottles over here, so I'll have to bring a shipping container of the cans over... but then maybe I was planning to do that anyway...

Fucks sake. Guess he needed to be the most orange thing there and saw it as a threat.

And there's an idea. They only sell them in the plastic bottles over here, so I'll have to bring a shipping container of the cans over... but then maybe I was planning to do that anyway...

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I’ll swap you loads of crates of cans for that none more black neck ;)

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I’ll swap you loads of crates of cans for that none more black neck ;)

Deal. Technically there are two of them anyway :ninja:

You should come down with Macaroon this July. I was going to suggest the QOTSA show in Cornwall, but I'm guessing it's impossible to get tickets for that now.

And as I mentioned, the cafe next to the Works sells Irn Bru. That should be enough incentive on its own!

Whats that black neck called?

I am tempted to go for a stealth trans black on mahogany manson ma, with the new MA control button layout, with simple MBK 2 set and that neck!

I don't think it has a name or anything like that (at least not yet)

And you can't. I've copyrighted the finish.

Deal. Technically there are two of them anyway :ninja:

You should come down with Macaroon this July. I was going to suggest the QOTSA show in Cornwall, but I'm guessing it's impossible to get tickets for that now.

And as I mentioned, the cafe next to the Works sells Irn Bru. That should be enough incentive on its own!

There’s another one?!

If the draw of the Works wasn’t enough, the Bru makes it even more appealing :facemelt:

Also have you heard the new Vennart song?

There’s another one?!

If the draw of the Works wasn’t enough, the Bru makes it even more appealing :facemelt:

Also have you heard the new Vennart song?

I just posted a picture above. But that other one is going on something completely different, and very unique... but at the same time, it's also the least unique idea someone could want....

All will be revealed in good time.

Do it. We can go to Nando's as well, and if Macaroon comes....it'll sure as hell be cheeky. :nerd:

But there isn't one near the works as far as I'm aware, so I guess you'll have to visit the shop too.

And no I haven't. Link? And where are the Infatuators?

Edit:

Just checked the facebook page. No news on that, but they seem to be discussing the new arctic monkeys album. #controversial

Edited by james90

I just posted a picture above. But that other one is going on something completely different, and very unique... but at the same time, it's also the least unique idea someone could want....

All will be revealed in good time.

Do it. We can go to Nando's as well, and if Macaroon comes....it'll sure as hell be cheeky. :nerd:

But there isn't one near the works as far as I'm aware, so I guess you'll have to visit the shop too.

And no I haven't. Link? And where are the Infatuators?

Edit:

Just checked the facebook page. No news on that, but they seem to be discussing the new arctic monkeys album. #controversial

We posted at almost the same time so I missed it. Fuck I need one like that.

Could Nando’s handle that level of cheeky?

No news about infatuators, but if you sign up on http://vennart.com they email you the song :facemelt:

Considering getting another Manson. Probably an MA-1.

How does the holosparkle finish option actually look in real life? Good or tacky...

The red sparkle MBCs look horrific in person 🤦nothing♂️

I could just do an MA-2 for the cost of the holosparkle MA-1

Edited by scottST

Considering getting another Manson. Probably an MA-1.

How does the holosparkle finish option actually look in real life? Good or tacky...

The red sparkle MBCs look horrific in person 🤦nothing♂️

I could just do an MA-2 for the cost of the holosparkle MA-1

I like them. I can't remember if there's a holosparkle MA-1 spec though - I thought those were just the 25th anniversary ones which come standard with the upgraded electronics and Psychopafs

I like them. I can't remember if there's a holosparkle MA-1 spec though - I thought those were just the 25th anniversary ones which come standard with the upgraded electronics and Psychopafs

Theres an option on the works site for holosparkle under the MA-1 and MA-2 pages

Theres an option on the works site for holosparkle under the MA-1 and MA-2 pages

Weird. Thought that was only for the 25th anniversary ones.

Not sure really. I'd choose the electronics/pickups upgrades before the finish really. If you can get the Psychopafs, that's even more of an incentive.

James did you actually copywright it or you just kidding? Lol

Erm....

(standard response)

I guess it depends if you already asked MGW and what they came back with. Because if they said it was copyrighted, then that would be a bit awkward.

Also, they're now on instagram, but I'm sure most of you follow them already

https://www.instagram.com/manson_guitarworks/

Worth pointing out that the @mansonguitarworks account isn't actually them.

Weird. Thought that was only for the 25th anniversary ones.

Not sure really. I'd choose the electronics/pickups upgrades before the finish really. If you can get the Psychopafs, that's even more of an incentive.

Can they do the PF-1 as opposed to the MBK2? Is it a cost option, or a straight swap?