Was it the other 15 times it got brought up? Just sick of people dehumanizing the Brexit voters everywhere.

Oh I know better than to do that. But that ties in with the utterly incoherent debate as a whole around Brexit - there are so many incoherent arguments about why people voted what way that its kinda becoming meaningless. 17 million people aren't all voting for the same reasons after all. But I just don't really know if it has anything to do with Montreux moaning.

And for the record I haven't bothered listening to the French interviews where it was apparently said. Mainly as I can't get them to load. I just remember seeing something mentioned in the pre-Glastonbury Telegraph interview involving a city state based theory, although that's a bit of a different political/sovereignty debate altogether.

But, whatever, massively off-topic.

That was a belting version of Dead Star, tbf.

In person it was fucking massive.

So too was Sunburn that evening, surprisingly. And also possibly the best Knights of Cydonia I've seen.

That was a belting version of Dead Star, tbf.

I think I'm still too bitter to watch videos :LOL:

Tie registration for the voting to the website/forums. Don't include guaranteed staples like last time either (people were voting for Knights of Cydonia in 2010)

I can't believe that was fuckin 6 years ago oh my days.

I can't believe that was fuckin 6 years ago oh my days.

Tbf its now 10 years since Black Holes, 13 since Absolution, 15 since Origin, etc.

I have moments like this every other week now, but blimey fuck its getting mad now. As you say, I swear Wembley and Ruled by Secrecy as the wildcard when it wasn't anywhere close on the setlist poll was way more recent than 6 years ago.

Yeah I think this was a great one

Video ain't bad either.

I love the realisation of everyone before it starts when you hear on the video "the lights just gone green!!" "dead star!!" I even remember myself going "Omfg the green lights!!" and my friend being like "is this actually happening"

Also, related to Matt not wanting to play rarities in big venues. I remember an article was posted online buy a guy who allegedly met Matt outside his hotel after Rome and he was quite tipsy. Then he told the guy he felt bad about having to drop Bliss and Dead Star from the setlist for the DVD.

I'd imagine they have all the money they need. I don't see why they don't just play smaller venues all the time and rock out every night.

Even at bigger gigs, have you ever seen Matt looking bored while playing a rarity?

I love the realisation of everyone before it starts when you hear on the video "the lights just gone green!!" "dead star!!" I even remember myself going "Omfg the green lights!!" and my friend being like "is this actually happening"

I honestly can't remember what I thought the lights meant at Emirates 1. Maybe Butterflies, which I really wanted (and still want)?

It was a very welcome surprise, mind.

Montreux, don't hate me. :$

No I don't think we care if they fluff things but I think they might, at a big gig anyway.

re 'The Thing' each time I saw it, it looked like a nervous awkward thing to me. A bit like a little boy who holds his willy for comfort. In the small gig in Montreux he didn't do it, (I don't think) - he wasn't giving off that awkward vibe.

:LOL::LOL:

The story on here (Q&A thread) was that Glenn told the super fans that stuff like CE and Bliss were dropped immediately because the band hates it when 100% of the crowd doesn't sing along, and all US fans were just there to hear "fucking Madness" any ways.

Full disclosure, another fan said the person here was full of shit and lying for attention, but refused to say what was actually said.

The first fans story matches what Matt said on Twitter (and the songs being removed.)

Matt made a crack about US fans being unenthusiastic in an interview in Feb, and giggled about it.

In an unreleased (but totally verified) interview, Matt said his favorite part of the US tours was "when they're over."

So I'm really less mad about the set lists, than this guy disrespecting his paying fans.

The set lists are are product of the poor attitude.

Argh, yeah that's fucked up. And it's all just assumption... just because the US gigs don't have all of us mentalists in the front row you don't deserve the good shit. If you think nobody cares why just play the standards, why not have a larf

Also, related to Matt not wanting to play rarities in big venues. I remember an article was posted online buy a guy who allegedly met Matt outside his hotel after Rome and he was quite tipsy. Then he told the guy he felt bad about having to drop Bliss and Dead Star from the setlist for the DVD.

I'd imagine they have all the money they need. I don't see why they don't just play smaller venues all the time and rock out every night.

Even at bigger gigs, have you ever seen Matt looking bored while playing a rarity?

Yeah this http://www.xtm.it/DettaglioMonografie.aspx?ID=14472

I think he is still unsure about this, probably he still likes bigger venues too but after a while he gets tired with them. I was there that night in Rome, and he was so involved in it

I still wet myself over this one (plus you can see my friend and me headbanging like fuck )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9Rcmi3Efto

Bloody hell, I'd never watched videos of that for some reason, despite it being my first Dead Star :chuckle: Way better performance than I remember, love Matt's shout at the end of the first chorus.

Always be second to this though, for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZTh3rwaT0o

That whammy fuckery during the outro :facemelt: Pure bloody mayhem. I don't even follow the Dead Star hype train as much as most people seem to but, fuck me, that song in a small venue...

This is the thing, on the Psycho tour we got The Groove (meh) and Uno (yay) in Brighton, and other places got songs I would've wanted to see WAY more (Dead Star), but there was no butthurt here :LOL: Just the fact that they were playing them was :dance:

I was proper fanboying during that in a really thick accent it's so bad

Bloody hell, I'd never watched videos of that for some reason, despite it being my first Dead Star :chuckle: Way better performance than I remember, love Matt's shout at the end of the first chorus.

Always be second to this though, for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZTh3rwaT0o

That whammy fuckery during the outro :facemelt: Pure bloody mayhem. I don't even follow the Dead Star hype train as much as most people seem to but, fuck me, that song in a small venue...

:stunned:

Well that's a million times better than Dead Star was at Download.

The Download 2015 version wins it for modern Dead Stars for me, if only because, A. I was there, and B. the harmonic at 0.29.

If we're going to immortalise The Chord in Darkshines at Reading 2011, we should immortalise The Harmonic too.

I'm not a fan of the guitar during the verses there tbh and for some reason it felt weaker to me during the gig. But definitely agree, immortalise the harmonic.

This is the thing, on the Psycho tour we got The Groove (meh) and Uno (yay) in Brighton, and other places got songs I would've wanted to see WAY more (Dead Star), but there was no butthurt here :LOL: Just the fact that they were playing them was :dance:

I liked The Groove in Brighton. I hadn't actually heard it in fucking years before that gig and I thought it was great.

That "Futurism? Nah" thing I heard this week on here about that gig was pretty fucking bumming out though.

I liked The Groove in Brighton. I hadn't actually heard it in fucking years before that gig and I thought it was great.

That "Futurism? Nah" thing I heard this week on here about that gig was pretty fucking bumming out though.

Haha, it was great, don't get me wrong. I should probably explain that a 'meh' from me at a Muse gig still involves a lot of emotion :LOL: You should've seen me jumping up and down at the drum fill in Dead Inside on tuesday. I think if they'd've whipped out Futurism I would've actually burst into tears, fallen over and wee'd myself all at the same time