I wouldn't have thought they'd do it tbh, given the scheduling. Even if Exeter could've made more of a homecoming sense than Norwich.

Norwich was probably the closest to my house that Muse have ever been. Another 40 miles west was all that was needed lol.

Norwich was probably the closest to my house that Muse have ever been. Another 40 miles west was all that was needed lol.

Touche.

Tbf the nearest here was a series of rehearsals at the Milton Keynes Bowl in 2010 before The Resistance stadium tour. I'd like a full gig but I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon.

Touche.

Tbf the nearest here was a series of rehearsals at the Milton Keynes Bowl in 2010 before The Resistance stadium tour. I'd like a full gig but I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon.

Ah, i remember that time, the pyramid of TRST was a shock and people tried to sneak in to watch the rehearsals. Most anticipated Muse tour evah.

Ah, i remember that time, the pyramid of TRST was a shock and people tried to sneak in to watch the rehearsals. Most anticipated Muse tour evah.

There's a video somewhere on YouTube of some fans sneaking in and recording them soundchecking New Born while being chased by the band's security. I also remember catching 40 minutes of the last one from a nearby park where I could see the top, including the strange inflatable mock-UFO used.

Good times.

The Glastonbury shedule has been released. Muse have a 90 minute slot, I'll admit I was hoping they might get two hours, oh well. Coldplay have over two hours on the Sunday.

That's dissapointing, how much effective time they are going to play, 1h20m, maybe?

Greatest hits with one rarity or The Globalist.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, I was hoping for 18 songs but even that is questionable, disappointing. They better not piss around and turn up late, their set at Rock Werchter last year was great because they flew through the songs with very little breaks in between. Hope they do the same at Glastonbury.

Edit: Skip CE this year, skip the jams and for once skip that bloody harmonica.

Now that you guys mention the length of the sets... I loved the show I went to, but it kind irked me the amount of filler stuff. I enjoyed Drones opening, but if you take the rest of the stuff out I reckon you'd get at least another song? Maybe close to two? I mean if you look at your watch the set actually seemed long-ish but there seemed to be way too much time where nothing musical happened. Or at least where it felt like a secondary bit of the set. Especially if you count Dom layering drum loops during Isolated System and Munich Jam as just a cool bonus.

I loved the setlist, the production, the energy...but I guess those moments sometimes took me a bit out of it.

Edited by s3ker

You'd get waaaaaay more than a song or two.

Honestly, I don't give a shit if the show was 90 minutes. It's just the boo hooing about how they have to play all the hits, and don't have time for back catalogue stuff when they're faffing around for 1/2 hour to make the show 1hr40min.

I'd rather go home early than stand through IS, JFK, or that godforsaken harmonica bit for the millionth time.

(I'm also still bitter about the US energy levels, but that's another story. :chuckle: )