That looks very tidy!

Is it a bit thick though? I suspect it's probably a weighty beast!

EDIT: James, that's how i'd do it mate. As with many things in life, if it looks right, it is right. Assuming it plays how you want it to.

James, that's how i'd do it mate. As with many things in life, if it looks right, it is right. Assuming it plays how you want it to.

Many things in life, but a guitar's setup is probably not one of them! I guess it plays more or less how it should, but I could tell it was off even before looking (although it was pretty screwed up)

Also, still got a set of 510 H.A.P. machine heads (which no one here wanted!) so I think I'll put them on this guitar. Not sure if there will be a massive difference between those and the standard gotohs it has now (which are also H.A.P.) but I imagine it will be a bit smoother

If anyone wants the original ones, I am taking offers

That looks very tidy!

Is it a bit thick though? I suspect it's probably a weighty beast!

Same thickness as a Telecaster. It'll be a bit thinner because I still have final sanding for prepping finish. Using longer pots this time so I didn't have to route so deep for the volume/tone controls. The 3 way switch is really deep though...

Is anyone able to help with a custom pick guard? Whether you can make one for me, or know someone that can?

I'm after a regular Strat shape, in single 0.6 white ply. One single pickup in the bridge position which is angled, and a hole for a volume control in the normal Fender spot.

They are various places online, but all seem to not offer me what I want or charge an absolute boat load for postage. Warmoth were an option until they decided $90 for shipping for a $25 bit of plastic was acceptable.

Is anyone able to help with a custom pick guard? Whether you can make one for me, or know someone that can?

I'm after a regular Strat shape, in single 0.6 white ply. One single pickup in the bridge position which is angled, and a hole for a volume control in the normal Fender spot.

They are various places online, but all seem to not offer me what I want or charge an absolute boat load for postage. Warmoth were an option until they decided $90 for shipping for a $25 bit of plastic was acceptable.

I know there is a place called pick guardian that does fully custom pickguards. I know some people on another forum who got a custom shape for $25.

I know there is a place called pick guardian that does fully custom pickguards. I know some people on another forum who got a custom shape for $25.

I did look on there but it looked like they only did duplicates of one you'd send them. I'll email and enquire though. Cheers!

I did look on there but it looked like they only did duplicates of one you'd send them. I'll email and enquire though. Cheers!

I know on the Les Paul Forums they did a couple custom SG pickguards that someone had tracked on paper. I would just ask, you seem to want something pretty standard, but with only portions of a standard one drilled out (Less work?).

I know on the Les Paul Forums they did a couple custom SG pickguards that someone had tracked on paper. I would just ask, you seem to want something pretty standard, but with only portions of a standard one drilled out (Less work?).

I've got a feeling the shipping costs will be the pain in the ass on these guys as well.

Warmoth do UK shipping for $28 (£19) through USPS. You could post a pick guard from the UK to Guernsey for £6 ($10) max via Royal Mail. Yet Warmoth want to charge me $90 to do it direct, HOW CAN THEY JUSTIFY SUCH CRIMINALITY!!!!

Single ply 0.6 what?

No it is an identical size and shape to the first one.

The neck is stolen from a four string mandolin, I just have to modify the nut a bit and they work perfectly. Those 4 string bridges are a charm too.

This ones going to be a bit more basic, I got carried away with the first.

Fuck it's cool though.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived