Hey Team.

Witz.. I'll have a sustainer rant and get it out of my system..

I couldn't use it in my first build as it is a humbucker 101 driver.

And the driver pickup needs to go in the neck.

I could have ordered in a replacement single coil driver for it but I found out that the driver and your bridge pickup need to be 50mm apart or else they feedback and squeal.

I used a big humbucker on the bridge and there's only like 10mm between them. Not gonna work..

The only way I can make it work on one of these crazy Ukes is if I put the humbucker driver I have in the neck, with a single coil sized humbucker on the bridge.

Or buy a replacement single coil driver for it, put that in the neck and put another single coil sized humbucker on the bridge.

So nah, sorry man, not yet anyway. and even these ideas are just theories.

I'd hate to put it all together and it turn out a squealing mess. I might route up a block of firewood to scale, Screw a neck into it, mount the pickups and wire it up rough as to see if it works.. then keep it as is..

On a more positive note my kitchen and I are now covered in glitter and look totally fabulous.

Cheers Rob, I think it works. Ukulele's are suppose to be bright and outrageous. so it gets away with it... Me, not so much..

IMG_2064.thumb.jpg.413c97e8da8db340d9584dbd14565198.jpg

IMG_2063.thumb.jpg.ea12b394a5dd3f19412f99956c72abed.jpg

IMG_2070.thumb.jpg.295f5a77f710ad05afb85fb5d123eee1.jpg

Hey Team.

Witz.. I'll have a sustainer rant and get it out of my system..

I couldn't use it in my first build as it is a humbucker 101 driver.

And the driver pickup needs to go in the neck.

I could have ordered in a replacement single coil driver for it but I found out that the driver and your bridge pickup need to be 50mm apart or else they feedback and squeal.

I used a big humbucker on the bridge and there's only like 10mm between them. Not gonna work..

The only way I can make it work on one of these crazy Ukes is if I put the humbucker driver I have in the neck, with a single coil sized humbucker on the bridge.

Or buy a replacement single coil driver for it, put that in the neck and put another single coil sized humbucker on the bridge.

So nah, sorry man, not yet anyway. and even these ideas are just theories.

I'd hate to put it all together and it turn out a squealing mess. I might route up a block of firewood to scale, Screw a neck into it, mount the pickups and wire it up rough as to see if it works.. then keep it as is..

On a more positive note my kitchen and I are now covered in glitter and look totally fabulous.

Cheers Rob, I think it works. Ukulele's are suppose to be bright and outrageous. so it gets away with it... Me, not so much..

Ah that's a shame, like you said maybe a firewood mock up would be a good idea but until then I'm seriously liking this one :D

Got paint and its confirmed... BSA British Blue... Stopped by my friend Kirby's place and asked him about the pinstripes. He's done work on some of Billy Gibbons' guitars and will be doing some touches on this one. Kirby mainly works with cars or motorcycles but I know he will do an amazing job. Just finished with the filler today and will be sanding that down later tonight.

Magic. Blue pinstried will be a breath of fresh air.

Someone who does cars & bikes sounds like the exact guy you want on your team.

I seem to remember your previous build having a stunning subtle burst? Cydonia?

(I may be talking shit)

Thought about something like that though? a darker burst edge could really make a white pinstripe jump.

I'm still covered in glitter and setting about sealing it under a can of clear coat.

Several layers over several nights, still feeling rough as guts but looking sweet.

The little red one is great! congrats :p

As i had a little free time and recieved a new tuners set, I though I could re-do the mirror on my headstock. I ended up reshaping it more accurately too!

It's better than the last time, but maybe I'll strip it back off and do it a third time because of wierd tear-off on the mirror backing... I really don't know how they appeard tho :( .

Appart from that, no more gaps between the mirror and the wood, and that's a great improvement! :D

1432897421-new-headstock.jpg

here are the damned flaws...

1432897420-flaws.jpg

and the neck shoved right in... I'll re-do the mirror aswell as soon as i'll get my ma2 classic

1432897420-assembled.jpg

Great when you bring a guitar in for something to be repaired and it comes back with a problem it didn't have before. Is there an easy way to re-seat a high fret, or should I leave that to someone who knows what they're doing?

I know someone mentioned heating it up and tapping it back in, but the neck is cracked already, so I don't really want to do any additional damage (though I'm guessing it's not hitting it with a mallet or anything!)

Half a million hours of polishing later and it's ready to go back together.

Here's my process...

* Painted several coats of red.

* On the last coat of red I evenly sprinkled a mix of different fine glitter powder over it.

(blue, green, purple, pink, gold, red)

* blew off excess glitter

* Gave it several defined glitter stripes using a little more gold in my mix

* Once the mess was dry I sprayed 2-3 coats of clear each night until I emptied the can

* Waited patiently till it was dry and hardened

* Busted out the wet and dry sandpaper, starting wet 1000 through to 2500.

(Took several nights)

* hit it with my automotive wax to seal it

It is smooth as glass and looks stunning. Pics don'd do it justice.

The glitter is even and has perfect coverage with subtle stripes

I'm about to start putting it back together

IMG_2173.thumb.jpg.740bb6a822bb4b7c39a171b2f6c83d39.jpg

IMG_2174.thumb.jpg.52ace6587012a86b44bcfa4e28a18bf9.jpg

IMG_2175.thumb.jpg.1af3d02156d6fbcebcb477a1798f3601.jpg

I just downloaded the ZIP. Converted the CAD drawings to PDF and had a look.

You have put a heap of work into that. The red glitter file converted well.

I think there was an issue with the MansonCadModel conversion. Just a broken outline.

I like the idea of taking a slab of wood into a workshop, have it all cut out and routed for you ready to go. Saves on router bits...

IMG_0143.thumb.jpg.1009a6945038d83beec75abd977a3f50.jpg

Archived