Ha! it is true though, some of my 510 HAP's are over 10 years old and all fine

Yeah, definitely. Can't complain about the quality of gotoh hardware at all

Shame they don't make pickup covers (as far as I know?) because their plating is amazing

A bit disappointed how I managed to do this so quickly to the SECOND cover we got from BKP

7rzQjmh.jpg

Jaicen/hooglebug, what's the best way to re-seat a raised fret? I've tried pushing it back in by tapping it with a hammer and block of wood, but it doesn't want to move.

Is there a tool for this or anything? Probably shouldn't attempt this myself, but if it's a case of simply getting it pushed back in....

it is a bit crooked though, so I don't know

I've been working on making a pedal board and its almost finished, changed the strings on some guitars and am ready to start my second build. Pickups are still on the way (Manson P-90's and a MBK 2) but I am starting this afternoon with the body. Since I have templates from the first one this one will be much quicker than the first. Also building a tele this time around. The neck for the tele is beautiful!!!

Not sure how the back looks, but you should do this, but with scraped edges instead of cream binding I guess

2.jpg

I was meant to have a guitar finished like that a while ago, but once they stripped it, they found out that gibson actually broke and repaired it when they replaced the neck. :facepalm: so it had to be all black instead

MAKE MY DREAMS COME TRUE

Not sure how the back looks, but you should do this, but with scraped edges instead of cream binding I guess

I was meant to have a guitar finished like that a while ago, but once they stripped it, they found out that gibson actually broke and repaired it when they replaced the neck. :facepalm: so it had to be all black instead

MAKE MY DREAMS COME TRUE

Funny this is similar to what I had in mind only thing is my entrepreneurial parents are desperate to do some ridiculous custom paint job as both of them are pros with airbrushes and seem to want to turn the guitar into some sort of mural as they believe this will add the most value to the guitar whereas I want to paint it like that picture of yours as it should be easier to sell or to keep :LOL:

And the wood is perfect, front back and sides :D

Hello. I'm back with my head full of ideas :)

I was looking at my replica and though that It was eventually time to spend a few more dolla's to convert in into something more personnal. (to escape from the fanboy-zone)

Even if I love the M1D1, i never found use of the KP I installed inside while playing like a child with my FF clone... so here is my plan :D

-remove the mirror top and plug the KP / MIDI holes with mahogany.

-route a FF cavity

-shatter a new mirror in a different way (still in love with shattered stuff :happy: )

-bigger binding (7 or 8 mm ? )

-hammerite or flat black on the back (did anyone had an experience with the hammered paint? (still hammer time phill :LOL: )

-a new neck with ebony fretboard and a better mirror headstock

-hap tuners

-an aftermath on the bridge and i'll swap the nailbomb in my lp

for the mirror I though of this. it looks like it was bended but not quite sure about it

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2010/14/1270642255-face_cracks-40ebe3b543.jpg

I also just began a build for fun with a friend (mirror tele) the neck will be the only wood part I buy (eden inlayless)

Well I'll focus on my exams but I'm sure i can manage to find one hour per week :D

cheers! ;)

If you are going to change all that things, why not to make a New one?

Any photos of that m1d1 replica?

well I was thinking about another replica to house all the things I was gonna take off the M1D1. As I said I'm not looking for a replica of a certain model but rather a guitar the same shape and screwing around with photoshop for the look. I imagined something similar to the flat black they do on order but without a kp. ;)

for the pics here you go: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/52/1419435545-20141224-163332-1.jpg

why, james? was it yours?

it's the one who broke during polishing!? :eek:

well frozen seems a little strange but as my swiming pool is coverd in ice i may give it a try...:LOL: but I don't want to replicate, just make something similar. I saw a lovely tele a few pages ago...well like that but the cracks along the grain! :p

why, james? was it yours?

it's the one who broke during polishing!? :eek:

well frozen seems a little strange but as my swiming pool is coverd in ice i may give it a try...:LOL: but I don't want to replicate, just make something similar. I saw a lovely tele a few pages ago...well like that but the cracks along the grain! :p

Yeah it is, but that all happened before I got it.

And I see what you mean. I have a mirror top tele which I wanted them to do something similar with, and it took three attempts to do something that had a similar pattern

As for the finish, ask Phill. He experimented with some different paints a while back, and came up with this

4230339529_04f92feb06_z.jpgUntitled by surfings_fun, on Flickr

I saw a lovely tele a few pages ago...well like that but the cracks along the grain! :p

I only just realized you were talking about the black mirror one. :facepalm: Yeah that one was done by musecasters on here. I don't see why the mirror can't be put on the other way.

Also, unrelated, but I've been still troubleshooting the bridge pickup in the ovation. I read that if you don't have one of those meters to test the strength/charge of the magnet, you can tap it with a screwdriver and compare with a similar pickup.

It does seem a bit weaker compared to the new one, especially the bridge facing row of pole pieces which barely pull at the screwdriver. Maybe that's the problem.

Archived